Notices

30 Pound Club?

Old 02-27-2010, 08:36 AM
FitDay Member

I'd like to join all you fabulous ladies if thats ok. My name is Hillarie I am 32. My starting weight was 212.8 pounds and my goal is ultimately 145-150 but for now it's set at 160. I am currently 202.2! I have developed a bit of OCD when it comes to logging my food and sticking to plan I'm afraid, but it's working so I'm gonna keep on keepin on. I want to get back to 157 by July 31st if possible. I got down to that weight in June 05, before getting pregnant with my daughter and I was so happy to be thin again. But due to pregnancy complications and bedrest I shot back up to 218 by delivery and that's where I've been since having her 3 years ago. My weight has been stuck. No budging it no matter how hard I tried. My mother passed away suddenly in december 08 and since then I've been trying to get my life turned back aound to be healthy and here for my family for the long haul. Finally on her birthday this year I jumped in with both feet and have lost 10.6 pounds in 9 days. There's no looking back now! Today we celebrated my sons 6th birthday, which was actually yesterday, so of course we had to have cake and ice cream. None for me thank you. I thought it would be harder then it was but I know what my calorie allotment is and that didn't fit in unless I didn't eat the rest of the day and I knew that could only spell disaster. I'm holding strong! Sorry to ramble. Glad to be here!
Old 02-27-2010, 09:28 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

Welcome Trish, Monterey and Hillarie goodluck with your weight loss journeys I know that we can all achieve our goals

Congratulations Lizzy on this weeks loss, hope that the snow disappears for you soon so that you can definately get to the gym and loss those 3lbs to get to prepregnancy weight.

Runbikeski am totally hearing you on your fear of the scales I have a love hate relationship with mine, my scales also monitor body fat, metabolic rate etc and I do also use this function to gauge how I am doing with the new body as well as using the old fashioned measuring to see inches lost.
In any case they were quite nice to me this week and showed a 2.9lb loss which brings me to 165lb and a total loss of 19.4lb lost since new year.(Was quite suprised by this as I have been ill all week and have done almost no exercise)

Wishing you all a good week and I hope the scales or whatever measure you use to gauge sucess are kind to you.
Kayla
Old 02-28-2010, 05:20 AM
FitDay Member

Glad you're feeling better kayjay... also nice you lost weight.
Old 03-02-2010, 02:08 AM
FitDay Member

Default Great Job!

Great job everyone! I'm so excited that we've got this 30 pound weight loss club going.

I didn't post my stats, so I'll do it now. I'm 5'7" and am at 157. I am a runner and got injured this past winter and haven't been able to run. Unfortunately, I've been eating like I've still been running . This needs to change! My goal is 125 and my calories will be at 1,200. When I resume running, I'll increase my calories a bit so that I have the energy to get through the runs.

I have also started P90X...that's a butt kicker!

I have discovered something about myself over the last few weeks. For one, my ankle injury that led to a blood clot in my calf bummed me out. Then I had some personal things take place and then last Thursday our dog died. Talk about stress! What I discovered was that I'm an emotional eater. I never really knew that about myself, so I guess the good is that I realized it and know I have to change that.

Anyway, congrats to everyone on their weight loss and I look forward to this journey with all of you!!
Old 03-02-2010, 04:51 AM
FitDay Member

I weighed in today and I have lost 2 pounds. So I'm at 168. I'm feeling confident and more in control. Really being mindful of what I eat and exercising.
I'll post my weight next Tuesday. Good luck everyone.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:54 AM
FitDay Member

how have you lost the 20 pounds so far? (and congrats on that!)
Old 03-02-2010, 05:08 AM
FitDay Member

I started working on getting healthier a few weeks ago...just sick of thinking about it and not doing anything different. I always blame being busy or being on the road for not eating right and being more active and finally am sick of my own excuses and want to actually BE healthier. I Like having a forum to talk with others about trying to get there.......

Anyway, I read an article (by debra moore I think) about how she lost 25 pounds in a month and what stood out to me finally was this simple thing - it's calories eaten versus calories burned. I know it sounds simple and I've always known that I guess, but I never understood or accepted it in the sense that if you eat more than the amount of calories your body needs to maintain a healthy weight, you gain. I love breads and cheese and would tell myself "but its whole wheat, so it's ok" and I don't think I ever had a clue how many calories my body actually needs to be the weight I want ...her site linked to a calculator on the American Cancer Society website and I finally learned how many calories I need to eat (or not eat) and so far, its bee going pretty good. I've lost about 8 pounds.....

I wish I'd understood that concept of calories in versus calories out a long time ago and I hope I can stick to this committement to get healthy.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:06 PM
FitDay Member

For me the biggest thing is getting the exercise in. If I don't make myself get up and move, I just feel "blah" and can't get myself to care about the food. I think if I don't move I just feel drained, so I crave sugar because I need energy, but of course sugar energy doesn't last. No magic pills here, just diet and exercise. Things I've "known" for years but I haven't been practicing what I preach until recently. Logging your food, and being HONEST about it, makes a big difference too. I need that accountability, if it's written down it's more real somehow. I used to not log that one extra cookie at bedtime, or the potato chips left on my child's plate, lying to myself it didn't really matter, but the truth is it does. A few bites here and there add up to a LOT. I do allow myself an afternoon snack, something high in protein, so I'm not starving at dinnertime. That helps a lot too. I'd rather lose weight slower than be constantly hungry, because after a few days I can't take that anymore and I pig out.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:27 AM
FitDay Member

Default Meals

Originally Posted by Lizzycritter
For me the biggest thing is getting the exercise in. If I don't make myself get up and move, I just feel "blah" and can't get myself to care about the food. I think if I don't move I just feel drained, so I crave sugar because I need energy, but of course sugar energy doesn't last. No magic pills here, just diet and exercise. Things I've "known" for years but I haven't been practicing what I preach until recently. Logging your food, and being HONEST about it, makes a big difference too. I need that accountability, if it's written down it's more real somehow. I used to not log that one extra cookie at bedtime, or the potato chips left on my child's plate, lying to myself it didn't really matter, but the truth is it does. A few bites here and there add up to a LOT. I do allow myself an afternoon snack, something high in protein, so I'm not starving at dinnertime. That helps a lot too. I'd rather lose weight slower than be constantly hungry, because after a few days I can't take that anymore and I pig out.
Hey there! I see that you're from Michigan. I grew up there and moved to Chicago in 2008.

Speaking of energy, do you eat 3 meals and 2 snacks or 3 meals and 1 snack? I started The Zone and signed up on FormulaZone. It's all about controling insulin and remaining satiated. Although I don't follow the block method hardcore, I do try to get my meals to around the 40% carbs, 30% protien, and 30% fat. I love loading my foods into FitDay because I can see how many calories I'm eating and if I'm on target for the 40%, 30%, 30%. I noticed that when I started following this method of eating that my energy levels increased and I wasn't hungry. I did try the 3 meals and 2 snacks, but I changed it to 3 meals and 1 afternoon snack, usually a 1/2 cup of cottage cheese, half an apple and 6 peanuts. It's kind of fun mixing and matching the different foods.

Good to have you here!
Old 03-03-2010, 04:36 AM
FitDay Member

my first day on here but I also have 30 lbs that need to come off.....I started at the gym the first of Feb and have been working out really hard 5 times a week, two of them with a personal trainer and have yet to shed a pound....what the heck am I doing wrong? Very discouraged this morning

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.