Notices

30 Pound Club?

Old 07-30-2010, 10:58 AM
FitDay Member

This thread has been entirely too quiet this week! How's everyone doing? kelly? farah? tracey? wrightangel? Anyone else who's reading? Are we getting closer to losing 30 lbs?

Just felt like checking in. =)
Old 08-01-2010, 12:40 AM
FitDay Member

Hiya Fletch and everyone else. Ive not been posting for a while and i suppose its because i havent been losing any weight. Need to get in the right frame of mind again or im not going to be nowhere i want to be anytime soon!
Ive had my little girl in hospital undergoing scans on a lump she was born with on her belly. For the past 5 years doctors were telling me its nothing to worry about but i needed my mind put at rest. She has had 2 ultrasounds and they are sure that its a bit of fatty gristle that didnt form properly. Think the right word was a lumpona. We are now waiting for an appointment to see a surgeon to see if it needs to be removed as when she has a full stomach it seems to cause discomfort. Fingers crosssed all will be well!!
So last week i was eating too much-alot i think was because i felt stressed and i was maybe more worried on my daughter than i was on what food i was eating. Since the start of the weekend though ive been doing much better and i havent put anymore weight on just not lost anything either. Same patterns with me,i need to have a more consistent weight loss to reach my goal. We are now in August and i really want to get to my goal by the end of the year.
I know i can do it once i put my mind to it. The foods i eat are all healthy its just i consume too much of them. I have to admit though ive eaten far too many carbs this week as well and its all white,heavy rubbish so now i know where ive gone wrong its time to fix it!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-01-2010, 09:49 AM
FitDay Member

Oh Tracey that is so scary, I will be praying that all goes well for you and your family.We have a very, very sick grandson, so I sorta know what you're going through...it's hard to see young ones so sick and uncomfortable.

I had a miny melt down this morning and had 2 icecreams!One was a cone and the other a icecream cookie that has 350 calories. EEK!!! But did have healthy foods the rest of the day and stayed under my 1498 cal. allotment, so I guess that's good.

Need to get back at it tomorrow. Hope everyone else is doing well.
Old 08-01-2010, 02:07 PM
FitDay Member

fletch8502 - you're right. we have been quiet!

I've gotten off my "eating better" habits! UGH! I don't know what happened. All of a sudden, I started eating out more! Big mistake. I'm on my last month of vacation and I need to get into a better habit....eating better (especially cutting out soda) and exercising. I'm a field hockey coach so I need to be aware of my diet and not pig out on junk food!

Need to get back on the right path......I will just keep reading all of your positive comments from everyone to keep me staying positive! It's a new week! Let's all start strong!
Old 08-02-2010, 12:27 AM
FitDay Member

Tracey - I'm so sorry about your daughter! I will keep her and your family in my thoughts and prayers. That's good that you didn't gain any weight, though. Sounds like you've got a good attitude and are back on track! Good job! Keep us posted on your daughter and your weight loss journey.

Monte - I am super impressed and jealous of you. If I had messed up and had two ice creams early on in the day, I would have thrown in the towel for the rest of the day and gone wayyyy over my calorie count! You totally have the right attitude, and that will help you reach your goals!

kelly - It's a new day and a new month, so it's definitely time to get back on track! Definitely use this last month of vacation to your advantage....you're a teacher, right? You know how difficult it can be to make time for eating right and exercise during the school year, so make August the best it can be to carry you into the year on the right foot!

As for me, I'm at a plateau. I know it's because I haven't been as careful with my diet (lots of parties and vacations). Since I've already lost my 30 lbs and I'm at a healthy weight now, I'm trying to focus more on eating well while still enjoying my summer, even if that means slower weight loss. For example, I went to a party yesterday and did really well at dinner - all vegetables and fruits with a little bit of pasta salad (I'm vegetarian). But I also had a small piece of my aunt's homemade peanut butter pie, and I enjoyed every bite of it! Today I plan on getting a lot of protein, water, and healthy foods to make up for my weekend.

Unfortunately, I had a little accident on Saturday...tripped over a tent cord at a party and landed on cement. My knee is still swollen and it's sore even just to walk. I haven't been to the gym since Saturday morning and don't think I'll make it there today. I'll feel a lot better once this heals and I can get back to my exercise.

Hope everyone has a great week and a great month!
Old 08-02-2010, 02:31 AM
FitDay Member

Hello evrybody!!!!!
Tracy Darling, hope what your daughter has is nothing serious and could be easily removed! i keep you and your family in my prayers! and i'm glad you have not put on weight, because when i'm stressed and eat mindlessly, i do put onweight fast.

Fletch!!!!! you have lost your 30 lb already????? wow!!!! good for you! i still got 8 more lbs to go and with all this crazziness of summer, partying and vacation and all seems the progress is too slow! have not been eating as healthy and exercising enough, so i really can't expect a good weight loss. today is my 18 years anniversary and i kno it's going to be another crazy food day, even though i try to be carefull about my food choices, i'm not going to stress too much if i miss it either.

on a lighter note, lately, instead of big ass, my ass has been referred to as a boney ass, is that considered a progress?
Old 08-02-2010, 04:23 AM
FitDay Member

Hey I'll take a boney ass anytime! ha,ha.

By the way my name is Monica, I'm 50 (but look 40), hubby and I live at a ski resort in Colorado and we have 3 beautiful grandchildren.

I have a half marathon coming up on Aug. 14th, and another one on Oct. 17th. I'm hoping to loose 10 pds. before the Oct. 17th half.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:44 PM
FitDay Member

Hello ladies,

It's been a while since I've posted.

I've been depressed because I was stuck in a plateau for almost 2 months (140lbs). But I never let it discourage me. I kept on trucking with my diet and fitness.

In the past two weeks I haven't exercised at all but it's been very busy here with the kids out of school and my sister down with her baby and all. I feel guilty. But I have been eating right (also it's almost that time of the month, I'm bloated) and I was still able to lose 2 lbs. I was shocked. So I know I was doing something right. I have to figure out "exactly" what it was.

Has anyone here tried the 10-20 lbs vests that I saw for sale on Walmart's website? Because of the plateau scare I'm thinking of buying one to help me burn more calories.

My start weight 156 lbs
Current weight 138 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs
Total lost 18 lbs
13 lbs more to lose to reach goal

Last edited by vickytoria3112; 08-03-2010 at 03:54 PM.
Old 08-03-2010, 04:30 PM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Monte1
Hey I'll take a boney ass anytime! ha,ha.

By the way my name is Monica, I'm 50 (but look 40), hubby and I live at a ski resort in Colorado and we have 3 beautiful grandchildren.

I have a half marathon coming up on Aug. 14th, and another one on Oct. 17th. I'm hoping to loose 10 pds. before the Oct. 17th half.
Hi Monica!!!!! nice to meet you! i bet you don't look a day over 39! never mind 40! and running 2 marathons! good for you! thinking of running automatically locks my legs!!!!! i eventually have to do something about it but running has never been my thing!
anyway, i think losing 10 lbs is doable for October, so good luck for the weight loss and the marathons!
Old 08-03-2010, 11:27 PM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone thankyou all so much for your support and i will keep you all posted on how everything works out. Its so nice to know that people understand and care. Im very grateful and being on here helps me to stay grounded and not lose control too much.
Its the time of month for me so ive been having cravings for absolutely everything carbohydrate from salty to sweet. Ive got to admit i have given in and feel a million miles away from goal. Im hating my body and dont even want to go out of the house because i feel so frumpy. I know it will pass,im trying to drink lots of water today too.
Me and the kids made cakes yesterday because we had no money to go out and i felt guilty that we cant bring them away through the summer holidays and i wanted something fun to do. They really enjoyed it and covered the whole thing in chocolate,icing,sweets etc. I ended up giving in to way too much of it though and am living to regret it today.
Ive got to pick myself up today though and stop feeling sorry for myself. Im so glad that i have all of you to talk to.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.