Notices

30 Pound Club?

Old 07-02-2010, 05:19 AM
FitDay Member

I'm beating myself up here. LOL!!!

I went to the grocery store to buy my grandfather a Birthday Cake (he's turning 72) and I said I was going to weigh myself. Can you beleive I forgot to weigh myself? The nerve. I don't feel like going back out there so I guess I'll wait till grocery day. Which will be the 10th.

I hope I can make it to the scales because I'm going to the Antique Roadshow so I'll be in a rush. I won 2 tickets. Me and my grandma are going. I can't wait.

If I do end up on TV I know it'll add 10 lbs. Blah.

Last edited by vickytoria3112; 07-02-2010 at 02:16 PM.
Old 07-02-2010, 05:44 AM
FitDay Member

Default I want in on this club!

Connecticut Mom of 2, 37 years old, 5'7" tall, 174 lbs. start weight with a goal to reach 145 by October 30th.

My obstacles include exercising regularly and vigorously. When I do exercise it's in a very pokey way that I'm burning few calories. Nutritionally I need to cut back on the booze, up the protein and stick to my 1600 calories per day which I've been able to do for five days now.

What day of the week is weigh in for this thread???
Old 07-02-2010, 07:46 AM
FitDay Member

Smile

Woo hoo FARAH-you go girl. Im so pleased for you. I tried to post on the thread i left but was having problems so left it. I was just wanting to say thankyou for continually giving out support when im in the black hole. Everyone on fitday are great at picking each other up. I know you live far away but you feel like a great friend. Please excuse me im due my time of month so i am over emotional LOL!!!
Im feeling much better this week but not hitting the scales til i feel its going to say something good so im waitng til monday and keeping that in mind to get me through the weekend.
Ive started going to the local market for my fruit and veg and ive saved loads of money and got so much to show for it. Im now stocked up for the week ahead so no excuses. I can happily eat fruit,veg and salad all day as long as its available so should be no problems.
For breakfast i had fresh fruit salad and low-fat yoghurt, lunch was a tortilla wrap with tomatoes and spring onion,then i had mushrooms with spinach and black pepper for tea oh and another wrap to fill me up. My snacks have been 4 ryvita.
Im ready for the weekend, got veggie stir-fry planned for tea and salad for dinner. Grilled mushrooms and tomatoes for breakfast so im going to stay positive and focused.
Apologies if not making much sense im really tired today so just typing away without thinking about it too much.
Have a good weekend all of you!!
Old 07-02-2010, 02:19 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by JennineLupo

What day of the week is weigh in for this thread???
There really is no specific day for weigh in. We just weigh ourselves when we get the chance. Then we come in and read the post and congratulate those that did a good job.

Hope this doesn't discourage you from our thread. We like to take things slow.

Good luck.
Old 07-02-2010, 05:31 PM
FitDay Member

thank you so much Tracy! i am glad you're doing better, what i noticed reading your post, seems you're not getting enough protein. maybe try to add more protein to your diet, and hopefully you will see the scale moving in the right direction again. i say this based on the experience, when i did not have enough proein in my diet( i was having mostly salads and veggies) i did not have any weight loss, as soon as i add more protein to my diet, bringing the pie chart to 30-40 % protein, i started seeing the result.
and even though it's not the time of the month for me, i could tell you from the bottom of my heart that i feel you and some other ladies here are like sisters to me, so take care of yourself, be well and good luck with your weight loss. let me know if you are going to increase your protein intake and how it's working for you?
Old 07-05-2010, 12:30 PM
FitDay Member

Default Checking In

Hi everyone, hope you all had a great 4th of July. Me I was like lump on a log to lazy to get up and do anything. Had a terrible weekend, which I normally do. I do all my cheating on the weekend, usually not this bad. Had Chinese food on Saturday and you know an hour of after you eat it your still hungry. Yesterday had pizza, hotwing, coke and raspberry ice tea. So today back on my grind, slept in late. I stay up to 1 and 2 in the morning supposedly working on my dissertation, but more like watching TV. So there is a lot of my weight gain problems, no sleep pattern is so off. I slept until 1:00 pm today. I've been out of a job since October so everything has been a little off for me. I've been feeling so sluggish because of my crazy sleep pattern. I did manage to get to the gym. Had a good workout. I woke up so late I didn't get a chance to weigh myself. I like to do it on Mondays normally, but I guess I will weight until Friday. Sorry so long, I guess I needed to talk .
Old 07-06-2010, 05:39 PM
FitDay Member

Default weight loss

I haven't been on the forums much but I really like to get on and see what everyone else is up to. I started fitday on June 17th just to get on and log some meals and weight loss goals just to keep track of everything. My big sister is getting married Oct. 23rd and I would really like to shed the pounds so that I'm not the biggest bridesmaid at her wedding. I went shopping today and I wear a 16 dress, i would really love to be a twelve at her wedding and just continue shrinking from there. I learned something today that each dress size is ten pounds. That means I've got 20 to lose in 3 and a half months. I don't know if that is healthy or even doable. So far with running, sit-ups and half- push ups the weight is coming off pretty easily. Guess I just needed to get off my lazy bum and move. For me, that is harder than it sounds though, my energy levels are low. I know, I'm just making excuses. Seeing the weight actually disappear is really really encouraging. It has almost become a game for me. Well, if anyone has any insight on rapid weight loss for my sister's wedding i would love to hear it. So far I have lost 6.6 pounds and haven't changed my eating habits that much. I've just been running a lot and when it hurts too bad to run, i walk. Just keeping myself moving. I don't think i am doing anything unhealthy and i only run every other day so i have time to heal in between work outs and i don't want to get shin splints. Well, keep up the good work everybody!!!
Old 07-07-2010, 06:30 AM
FitDay Member

Roxyewp2010,

No, I don't think your goal of 20lbs in 11 weeks is unreasonable at all. In fact, it goes along with the "safe" weightloss range (2lbs a week) for anyone who is trying to lose weight. Also, a dress size isn't necessarily 10lbs a size. Size depends upon your body composition and metabolic functions, the weight poundage is seperate from sizes.

For example... I have two seperate goals, and I'll stop when I reach one of them: either a size 4 or 136lbs. But, I really am aiming for the size 4. Right now, I'm 161 and a size 10/12. If 10lbs per dress size were the case, then I would have to lose about 60-80 lbs. Whoow.. completely unrealistic for me. I know this since when I was down to a 4, I was around 138-132lbs, but I had a high percentage of lean body mass (and like you, I am medium-large frame/boned).

My advice to you, is to get a good body fat calculation done (body pod, calipers, etc) and find out what your lean mass is first. And go with that, work on decreasing the numerical difference between fat pounds and lean mass. If you're tall or big boned, you might be carrying around a high percentage of lean mass. From more accurate calculations, you can work towards a realistic goal. Okay, enough of that.

In general, 20lbs in 11 weeks is safe and doable, especially going from a 16 to a 12, for anyone. Decide what system you want to decrease your mass by; choose your goals either by size or by pounds. You might surprise yourself by getting down to a size 12 and only seeing a 10lb loss on the scale. And throw in a sprint day with your running, a quick 20 min routine. (Check out Runners World . com or magazine.)

Congrats on the 6.6 weightloss!
Old 07-07-2010, 06:53 AM
FitDay Member

Default check in

Hi ladies

So, I lost 8lbs this week.Whoo-hoo! Not quite sure on the size drop though -- it's too sticky outside to try and put on clothes. Gotta love the Atkin's, although I didn't actually stick to the Induction plan too well (I had desserts and overshot my carbs). Although 8lbs sounds great, I've only lost about 4lbs of fat weight. Meaning, I also lost about equal amounts of lean mass. Not too pleased about that aspect. So, I'm kind of disappointed.

I'm eating about 45-55%fat, 30-40%protein, and 10-15%carbs. I would like to see the losses primarily in fat pounds. Plus, I might not be getting enough calories - I'm averaging 1550/day. I also weightlift 2-3x/week, hatha yoga every day, and cardio 3x/week. I'm thinking about taking out a cardio day and switching it with sprints to increase my anabolic threshold.

Any one have any ideas on how to lose more fat than lean??

Thanks! And I hope you all were relatively successful this week!

06/29/10 169, size 10/12
07/07/10 161, size unknown, lean: 119, fat: 42
Old 07-07-2010, 07:30 AM
FitDay Member

haha maybe I should join this thread instead of the jiggling 100?
Hey there... My name is michelle I have been on fitday for 5 days, lost 5 pounds and have about 45 more to go. Nice to meet everyone

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.