Notices

30 Pound Club?

Old 05-16-2010, 05:24 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by vickytoria3112
Farah,

Try eating a big breakfast instead of a big dinner. That way you have enough time during the day to burn those calories. For dinner you should try and do what I do. I make a normal dinner for everyone else. Today I made yellow rice and steak. Instead of eating the rice. Cut up the steak and put it on a salad. I'm not much of a red meat eater but the kids are getting tired of chicken. LOL. So I improvised in a healthier way. Or you can put it in a low carb whole wheat tortilla. With the lettuce and tomatoes.
thank you for the tips, i will try it for sure. i don't like meat all as much either but because of the health benefits i'm trying to get in as much as i could.
i don't know if you experience the same thing or not, but seems i lose a pound or so, gain some back and then lose a few more pounds again. i don't know what's causing it or what it means, any idea?

by the way, congrats Flecth!!!!! i'm so happy for you! keep up the good work!
Old 05-16-2010, 05:44 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you, farah! =)
Old 05-18-2010, 07:43 AM
FitDay Member

I see this was posted some time ago, but I too would like to lose the 30 lbs I've gained since January. I'm hoping I can get it off just as quickly as I put it on, or faster (approx 4 months).

I've used fitday with success in the past, but my emotional state these days has made it hard to care that none of my clothes fit anymore. Food is a great comfort for me, and I have few comforts at this time in my life.

Height = 5'9"
Current weight = 195
Goal weight = 165
Began tracking calories/journaling = May 16, 2010
Old 05-18-2010, 08:36 AM
FitDay Member

Hiya Candice i just want to say a big welcome. I joined 2 weeks ago and at the time i too was really low and had lost my confidence but fitday has helped me be much more positive and alot less stressed when it comes to food. Everyone here including me will be here for you to support you on your way to goal!! Good Luck
Tracey
Old 05-18-2010, 09:15 AM
FitDay Member

Smile I'm a little different from all of you.

I started using FitDay back in 2008 while using the StepDiet at the same time. In 10 weeks lost 15 pounds was feeling pretty good, then I plateaued. In August of 08 I was diagnosed with breast cancer and stopped everything. I guess I figured I was going to die and what was the point. Well here it is almost 2 years later and I am still in the mist of my reconstruction but am wanting to begin again on my weight loss journey. I started my 2000 extra steps for my stepdiet yesterday and have been trying to use FitDay as well. I bought the 2.0 and the premium account so I could sync them but am having problems with the sync. Hopefully get that fixed soon.
Needless to say I am 48 yrs old, 5'2" and my weigh in yesterday was 171.4lbs. Now I know alot of this is water as I have a very low tolerance to sodium and just 2 days before my weigh in I was 167, so I know I am retaining water. My first goal on the StepDiet is in 12 weeks and it is 147lbs. After I can maintain that weight and not gain, I will do it for another 12 weeks and hopefully I will be close to 125lbs. I was very tiny when I was younger, 103 when I had my son, and 110 when I had my daughter. In my 30s struggled to stay under 130lbs. Once I hit 40 I have just kept putting on the weight. Plus doing chemo and all that I gained almost 20 lbs since then. So with all that said, I am glad to be a part of your 30 pounds club. I will update on weigh-ins every other week. Good luck everyone and may God bless all of you....
Old 05-18-2010, 09:45 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome dideroch- ive never been in a situation where ive had to think about losing my life. All i can say is like so many other cancer sufferers and survivors you show strength at such incredible heights. I hope you are well and on your way to recovery. This forum is fantastic and you will get so much support here to help you reach your goal weight. I look forward to reading your posts and im sending lots of best wishes for your health and diet journey.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:14 AM
FitDay Member

On vacation right now trying to make the best food decisions! Hope everyone has a successful week!
Old 05-19-2010, 12:17 PM
FitDay Member

Red face

My first post is going to be me telling you I'm joining you all!

Here I go! I don't really have a plan, I'm trying to do simple things to start, like drink more water and just move around more. I work on the computer during the day a lot, so I'm going to have to plan time to get up and get moving.

I know that having a place to check in and talk with other ladies fighting the good fight will help keep me on track. I've never had to battle my weight, but after baby #5, things just aren't quite bouncing back. Like, at all....LOL Going in a direction that scares me so I need to turn the boat around!!!

Happy to be here! Hope this group helps!
Old 05-19-2010, 01:24 PM
FitDay Member

Welcome, Amy! Congrats on deciding to make healthy changes! It's awesome that you're "turning the boat around" now!!! I wish I had thought of that oh, about 25 lbs ago. =) There's a lot of great people and a lot of helpful information on this thread. Have fun and best wishes!
Old 05-19-2010, 02:18 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by farahb7
thank you for the tips, i will try it for sure. i don't like meat all as much either but because of the health benefits i'm trying to get in as much as i could.
i don't know if you experience the same thing or not, but seems i lose a pound or so, gain some back and then lose a few more pounds again. i don't know what's causing it or what it means, any idea?

by the way, congrats Flecth!!!!! i'm so happy for you! keep up the good work!
Farah,

I've been on this diet for 4 weeks now. I did see a little sluggish going on and I haven't lost anything last week or this week. That's only because I haven't been feeling well and I haven't been moving around much. But I'm still eating healthy. I rather stay at one point rather than gain. I plan to start walking again tomorrow. You might be retaining water. Or just need to add at least 45 minutes of walking 2-3 times a week. I walk 2 times a week for 1 hour (5 miles). I also have a workout DVD that shows dance moves but it's great cardio. I do that once a week. My 1st week I lost 5lbs. My 2nd week I lost 3lbs. 8 total. 23 more to go and I'm feeling great. Not too bad considering I stopped exercising for 2 weeks. My eating habits stayed on track and I'm ready for my physical. LOL!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.