Notices

30 Pound Club?

Old 03-08-2010, 08:31 AM
FitDay Member

Red face

Congratulations Pam on the great loss.

I have stayed the same this week, only have myself to blame, head has not been in the game and have given in to temptation on a number of occassions, but am getting back up dusting myself off and going for it again after all today is a new day fresh with no mistakes in it.

I really want to lose another 15lbs by 4/15/10 as have my best friends wedding on that day and want to look good in a cocktail dress. So that is my next goal.

Hope everyone else is going well and look forward to hearing about some more amazing losses soon
Old 03-09-2010, 08:59 AM
FitDay Member

Default Old and New

Hi,

I am new to this Discussion Board but I have used FitDay before to track my food intake. I was very loath to start but now I remember it isn't so bad and kinda fun! I just joined a gym with my husband (18 month membership) and started with a personal trainer. Thought I would run the Pittsburgh Marathon but I haven't done much running since Snowmaggedon hit and I don't want to hurt myself. Thinking about the half-marathon or just walking the whole thing.

Would like to have a support group for the 30lbs I have in mind. At 156 and feel my best weight has been 135 or lower. I'm 47 so the pounds are just creeping on!
Old 03-10-2010, 01:49 AM
FitDay Member

Default Welcome!

Originally Posted by 7sisters
Hi,

I am new to this Discussion Board but I have used FitDay before to track my food intake. I was very loath to start but now I remember it isn't so bad and kinda fun! I just joined a gym with my husband (18 month membership) and started with a personal trainer. Thought I would run the Pittsburgh Marathon but I haven't done much running since Snowmaggedon hit and I don't want to hurt myself. Thinking about the half-marathon or just walking the whole thing.

Would like to have a support group for the 30lbs I have in mind. At 156 and feel my best weight has been 135 or lower. I'm 47 so the pounds are just creeping on!
Welcome 7sisters! We're similar; I used FitDay in the past to track my food intake and I liked it. Looking back, I don't quite know why I stopped My husband and I are runners, and I saw that you run as well. How long have you been running? Speaking of Snowmaggedon, that's the reason I haven't run since the day after Christmas...I was out training in the snow (in hopes of running Chicago this year) and while running, I didn't see the 3 inch drop off of the sidewalk and slipped off. I heard and felt a loud pop and ended up partially tearing my deltoid ligament in my right ankle. I've just started walking again this week on the treadmill and I can try to start running 1-2 miles at the beginning of next month. Which half and full marathons have you done?
Old 03-10-2010, 04:48 AM
FitDay Member

I weighed in today. I lost two pounds. I had gained a pound at the beginning of this week but lost it and one more. I had not exercised for five days. Took care of my parents for a few days. Dad had a mild heart attack. So, it just shows me that exercise really does work. I need to keep my metabolism level up and burning calories. I'm happy with my progress. I've lost five pounds all together in two weeks. It's nice seeing the scale numbers going down instead of up.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:33 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hey all!
Monterey, great job!
All you east coasters, is the weather improving enough to get outdoors to exercise? I really admire the devotion of you folks who can commit to treadmills when the weather is inclement. I am pretty sure that I would just turn to a couch potato during the winter (unless I could get to enough snow to X-C ski) guess I am spoiled in Southern California (even though I grew up in N. VA) weather is almost never an issue, so I almost never have that excuse for not getting a run in. Although I can come up with lots of other excuses
Good luck on the rehab for the ankle Runner, I look forward to seeing your progress.
7sisters, I here you regarding the pounds post 35yr

Pam
Old 03-10-2010, 11:29 AM
FitDay Member

Hello

Is a good idea I too would love to join, I just started today I am 190 lbs, my goal weight is 160, is there any advice as how to start on what to eat each day.

Thanks,

Lets get those stubborn lbs off
Old 03-11-2010, 03:41 AM
FitDay Member

Runnerchi, thanks for the welcome. I'm so sorry to hear of your injury. Sounds like you have your road to recovery mapped out. My left ankle has a tendon that actually pops over my ankle bone when I turn it certain ways ... a leftover from a sprain as a teenager, but it doesn't hurt much. I fractured my foot training for the Pgh Marathon in 2002 and it was a total bummer. I ended up running about 6.5 miles with friends to the finish line which was much more than I ever expected since I didn't train at all beforehand. Started running cross country in high school (1979/80). Have only run in 10Ks races to completion in 2009 and 1997. Otherwise, I've just run for fun and health.

heatherheights, Good Luck with everything! I just lost 1.5 lbs in the past 5 days and I know it's because I am exercising regularly and tracking my food on FitDay. Since I haven't faithfully tracked for a while, it is hard to believe how fast the calories add up! Absolutely Shocking! I really like looking at the calories burned vs. calories eaten graph. As long as eaten is adequately below burned, I will lose. Simple on the math. Difficult on the mind.

I just read some advice on percentages of food to eat each day + fiber intake:
Carbs 45-65%; Protein 10-35%; Fat 25-35%; Fiber 21-25 grams.

Hope that helps!

Last edited by 7sisters; 03-11-2010 at 03:51 AM.
Old 03-11-2010, 03:47 AM
FitDay Member

Weigh to Go Monterey! Loss is definitely better than gain in this club! Slow and steady wins the race. I hope your dad recovers fully and uses this to start a new lease on life. He is very lucky to both survive his heart attack and have family, like you, who care and can pitch in to help.

Pam, I appreciate commiseration! I have to really work hard to put my weight and health as a top priority. Between a certain comfort with married life, work, family, etc., it's hard to conjure up that burning desire I had as a young person to be and do it all. I have to talk myself practically into everything now! Good to have compatriots online to share the struggle with!
Old 03-11-2010, 07:19 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hello

I would like to join in too if its ok. I'm 45 years old and weigh 180. My goal is 145. I quit smoking in July and promptly put on 40 pounds. I could use all of the advice, support, pushing, etc... I can get! Having kids and a husband that seem to be able to eat anything doesn't help. You guys seems to be a pretty inspiring group! I excited!
Old 03-11-2010, 10:15 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for your support 7sisters and rbs... yesterday after the weigh in I didn't exercise. Need to do it at least five days a week. I just finished exercising. I must admit I feel better and have more energy.
Good luck to all the new people joining. Keep track of food and exercise. Each week try to push the exercise a little harder. Don't let the scale depress you. Sometimes there is water gain to the muscles in the beginning. If you are watching your food and exercise just keep doing it and you will see the weight drop. Just give it a few weeks and it will.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.