Notices

30 Pound Club?

Old 05-26-2010, 03:18 PM
FitDay Member

fletch,
i do also go through weight gain around my period, but that is not true weight gain. it is period time's crazy water gain that i hate, but you know it will be over soon and you'll see the scale moving in the right direction once again. hang in there Fletch, so far you have done an awsome job, just continue your food log and get back to your exercise when you're ready again and you will be fine.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:00 PM
FitDay Member

Thank you so much vicky and farah! Your support is exactly what I needed.

vicky - I'll have to do better next month about keeping salt out of my diet. I thought taking a diuretic would be the magic cure and I wouldn't have to change what I ate, but (like with all things diet and exercise related) there is no magic cure! I'll work harder next month. Thank you for "listening" and taking the time to respond!

farah - Thank you so much for your kind words and reassurance. It's easy to forget how far I've come when the scale isn't going the way I want it to, so thanks for reminding me! =)

PS - Like you ladies predicted, I'm back down the 1.5 lbs I had gained. So, I might not end up with an overall loss for the week, but at least it won't end up a gain! This is why I shouldn't weigh myself daily.... =)
Old 05-27-2010, 12:43 AM
FitDay Member

Hello everyone well what can i say im up 2lbs this week and ive got to say its been a horrible week with my diet so it was definately expected!
Thankyou Farah ive just read your post you left me and i am putting it all behind me and starting afresh. I dont want my hard work to be wasted. Eating so much rubbish and not exercising was bound to give me a gain. I do walk quite alot but since been doing that a long time i need something different in my routine.
I am thinking how far ive come and ive still lost alot of weight but now i need to stay focused on getting to the finish line!
Old 05-27-2010, 04:12 AM
FitDay Member

I was in the same boat last week ladies. Don't let one poor week get you so down you don't feel motivated to continue this week. These are lifetime changes and we're going to fail once in a while. Let's go into the weekend feeling motivated and positive so we don't continue to make mistakes.

I weighed in this morning and I'm down 1.8 pounds since last week! The week before I had three really bad eating days and had my period so I didn't see a change on the scale. I really buckled down this week and it paid off!
Old 05-27-2010, 04:32 AM
FitDay Member

congrate avelina!!!!!! and keep up the good work!!!
tomorrow's my official weigh in day, i know i'll be happy to see the result tomorrow, since i have been very carefull and have worked hard toward my goal this week, so waiting impatiently for tomorrow's numbers!!!!
Old 05-27-2010, 02:42 PM
FitDay Member

Hey all! Can I join in? I need to find an active thread to join and this one is motivating to me. I joined fitday a couple weeks ago and have been keeping within the recommended calories to reach my goal but my total achievement is gaining 3 lbs.
I then decided to step up my exercise (recliner bike) and cut out alcohol completely (hard!) I also started the 100 pushup challenge/ 200 situp challenge yesterday which goes for 6 weeks. I was really shocked/ sad to find out my bodyfat % is 30% which is unhealthy. I'm used to being much leaner and I guess didn't realize how bad I got.
Do you guys focus much on your % of where your calories come from or just keeping under a certain amount? I'm trying to get my protein up and fat/ carbs down and I'm finding it hard. The only thing I can figure out to eat for low fat high protein is tuna.
Anyways I see in your sigs that a lot of you are well on your way to reaching your goals- amazing!

e: I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm up 3 lbs from when I started 2 weeks ago. Frustration.

Last edited by MetalPeaches; 05-27-2010 at 04:22 PM.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:33 AM
FitDay Member

Ok, i'm happy and excited! i have almost dropped 2 lbs since last week! 1.8 to be exact but 2 lbs sounds better, right?
and MetalPeach, don't get discouraged, since you have been loggin in your food, go through it and see what you have had and how much. when i reviewed my log in the begining, i found out i was having too much carb and not enough protein. i have changed it since. there are other threads explaining the ratios for carb/pro/fat, and also good low carb, low fat sources of protein, find and read those, very good source of information. i have been trying to keep a ratio of 40/40/20 and it seems to be working so far.
good luck!!!!!
Old 05-29-2010, 10:05 PM
FitDay Member

Smile

Hi Everyone
Welcome to 30pound club METALPEACHES i understand your frustration i also decided to give up the alcohol and it was tough at first to break the habit of fri and sat nights but its been 6months now and i wouldnt go back. The only thing for me is that now i dont drink i seem to snack more when i dont need to and my eight is going up and down I lose it through the week theb end up blowing it on a weekend and being back at square one! Im really trying though and i get so disappointed in myself for eating the wrong things so i know its my fault but also know its not easy breaking bad habits so im hanging in there and know i will get there and SO WILL YOU!! Stick with it and keep posted.
Well done FARAH you are doing so well and you inspire me to keep going.Keep up the great work!!!
As for me since my last post of gaining 2lbs ive been trying really hard to get that off and ive done ok this weekend. The kids are off school for the week so im planning on going for some outings with them so im not in the house. We going on a nice long walk in the woods tomorrow to the park with their bikes if weather nice.We also have a trip to the swimming baths planned which im looking forward to-I always feel better after some exercise and ive got all my meals planned so i can stay on track.
Good luck to all of you!!!
Old 05-31-2010, 04:10 AM
FitDay Member

Well, my weekend sucked. I ate without logging most of it, and completely overate. My official weigh-in isn't until Friday but I weighed myself this morning and I'm up 3 pounds. Boo! Now I have to work extra hard to get those three off, plus lose another pound this week. I know I'm not the only one who struggles with this. I wish I had more self-control on weekends. The only thing I did do right is not miss my workout. We'll see what happens by Friday.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:31 AM
FitDay Member

Forget the weekend for right now and jump back on track, avelina! You can do it!!!! Good job not missing your work-out...that's important! Next weekend, remember how you feel right now and use that as fuel to make better choices, log foods, or do whatever else you need to do to be successful. Let us know how it goes...we're right here with you!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.