Notices

30 Pound Club?

Old 05-22-2010, 08:33 AM
FitDay Member

Yay, farah! Just gotta stick it out through those tough days on the scale, and the good days on the scale more than make up for it. =) Congrats! Keep up the good work!

Avelina - Staying the same is much better than gaining, right? Especially since you ate a little bit more than you planned over the weekend. =)

It seems like a lot of ladies have "Aunt Flo" in town this weekend...that means we'll all have awesome weight losses next week, right??
Old 05-22-2010, 07:19 PM
FitDay Member

Yes we will! This weekend is going better already, but weekends really are hard aren't they? I wish I just didn't want to eat unhealthy food like pizza and cookies (tonights culprits) but I do. Portion control is the key, now where did I put those keys again?
Old 05-23-2010, 10:26 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Farah dont be too unhappy for the 4lb gain and like you added you have lost a pound since day before so the rest will come off!!
As for me my weekend was better then the others ive been having lately. Ive totally got my head in gear and i havent evening snacked for a week now. Feel much more in control and its paying off. Although i dont weigh in til wednesday ive had a peek and im 11st13lb this morning so far thats 3lbs but i do expect it too maybe stay at 12st come weigh day and i be happy as i understand that it changes throughout the week. Also this afternoon i had a medium bowl of icecream cos its so hot over here past couple of days (makes a change)! Did good with my other eating so not going to fret about it too much.
Heres to another week then the kids break up from school friday so i will need alot of willpower to help me not eat too much. Im making plans already to get me through!
Old 05-23-2010, 02:23 PM
FitDay Member

I feel like I am in the right place. I have been working on losing about 30-40 lbs for some time. I am 5'3" and 160 lbs. I have tried other websites but I always come back to this one. When is the weekly weigh-in? I am on a low calorie version of the DASH diet, which is low sodium. My blood pressure and cholesterol are both too high and I hate the medications. I am hoping that losing weight will help me to lower my blood pressure and cholesterol. Everyone have a great week. I am walking on my treadmill also. I'm up to 45 minutes at 3 miles an hour and I am 56 years old.
Old 05-24-2010, 03:11 AM
FitDay Member

Hello All, I'm back from vacation. I had a blast visiting family and now its time to get back on schedule. Hope everyone has a successful week!
Old 05-24-2010, 10:59 AM
FitDay Member

Default Can I Join You?

I just started a modified South Beach diet on Saturday. I'm 53 and 5'3" weighing in at 164. The first 3 days have been good but as they say "water weight" I guess. I'll take anything right now tho!

Terri
Old 05-25-2010, 08:57 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs down

Hi everyone im so dissapointed in myself-totally went way over my allowance and i havent been able to stop eating all day. Pure greediness(if thats a word!) theres no excuses. Ive been telling myself its okay and i will fix it but i worry that i wont be able! Just having one of them days.
I dont like that when ive had the wrong things to eat i feel so unhappy in myself but i suppose thats the lesson ive to learn.
Bad food=Bad Mood=Arguments=Bad Atmosphere=Upset Household!!!!
Extreme as it sounds just over a bad splurge of food for a day but thats how i am and i dont enjoy feeling like this. I beat myself up too much cos i know i can do better.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:38 AM
FitDay Member

welcome new members! we do not have a specific weigh in day, i know mine is friday, some other people have their weigh in different days of the week, so, but all with the same goal TO LOSE WEIGHT. so, welcome, we are here for you!!!!!

and Tracy, sweetheart don't be too hard on yourself, this does happen sometimes. but when you fell off the wagon, just make up your mind and get back on track! i love the qoute from Cassie's signature. it says" when you drop an egg, you don't say "oh, shoot" and drop the eleven other, do you?"
keep this in mind, ok, you went off, but now, it's time to get back at it! calm down and stop beating on yourself.
i had an almost bad weekend too, i didn't even realize it, since i didn't log my dinner, until after i had it and it put me way off my limit, and the worse part is i let it happen 3 nights in a row. but, today i logged everything, before even having it to make sure i make the right choices and don't go over my limit. hope you make sense of my nonsense!!!!
Old 05-26-2010, 01:04 AM
FitDay Member

Okay, ladies. I need a little support today! I've been at this for a little over 2 months, and this is the first really rough week I've had. I'm one of those people who weigh themselves every day (I know, terrible...) and I've been gaining 0.5 lbs or staying the same every day for a total gain of 1.5 lbs this week. Hang on. It gets worse...

I was really proud of myself this weekend. I set a goal to run 6 miles total, and even though it was harder than I thought, I did it! I also met all of my other weekend goals: drinking plenty of water, staying at 1200 calories, and making healthy choices even when going out. That makes it even more frustrating to see the scale going the wrong direction this week.

I'm sure part of the culprit is that I started my period yesterday. I was so frustrated that I started taking a diuretic for a few days, and it's totally not working. I took the day off from working out on Monday, and I only went to the gym yesterday because I had an appointment with my trainer and didn't have a choice. Today, I would much rather curl up on the couch with a bottle of Advil than even think about going back to the gym.

Last night, I was frustrated and had the (extremely rational!) thought that if I'm gaining weight anyway, I might as well eat something bad for me. I licked the spoon and measuring cup from the edible play-dough I'd made with the kids at work (ingredients: peanut butter, powdered sugar, and honey...healthy!!!). After that, I ate mini-marshmallows by the handful and a couple of handfuls of chocolate chips. Then I wanted something salty, so I ate about 8 saltine crackers. I managed to stop the binge after that, thank goodness. I wasn't going to enter all of those foods into FitDay, but this morning I realized that the only person I'm cheating by ignoring that binge is myself. So I entered every last ingredient. Total: 2,043 calories. Since I went to the gym, I burned about 2,000 calories total, so it could be worse, but of course I was up 0.5 lbs again today. I truly did feel sick after eating all of that crap last night - my body is definitely no longer used to that!

Sorry for the long, rambling post, but I feel a little bit better after writing that all down. Any words of encouragement, ideas, or commiseration would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:45 PM
FitDay Member

Fletch,

Please don't think of your hard effort as a waste of time because of a lousy scale. Your doing awesome. You had enough self discipline to stop yourself fom over binging, which , in itself, is great. Some people lack that part and with time they'll catch up to what you already know. Control. You could be gaining weight (like you said) because of your monthly period. If your like me, I gain as well (1.5-2.5) during my period. I found out it's the bloating or water gain. Try and eat less salty foods during this time. Salt tends to trigger some of that water gain. It's almost like being pregnant with swollen feet and high blood pressure and your doctor telling you to cut down on the salt. Same difference. If you don't really feel like working out you can try and do what I do when I'm bored. Clean the house or maybe one room. Next day, do it again and time yourself and try to beat your previous record. That always keeps me going. But it is always ok to feel lazy and sit around to help your body regain some energy to start again. I went through a lazy faze myself where I didn't workout for 2 weeks. But I'm back on track. Remember, us women have different moods. When your body says ok let's start again, go for it.

Don't give up. We're rooting for you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.