Notices

No weight loss at all :(

Old 08-05-2011, 03:31 AM
FitDay Member

Question No weight loss at all :(

So I've been doing really well for the past two weeks (when I started) eating no more than 1400 calories and working out (jog/walk and aerobics) and I have gained one pound since starting.
I really don't understand what I'm doing wrong.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:22 PM
FitDay Member

How is your salt intake? You could be retaining water.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:25 PM
FitDay Member

Just keep at it. I've been complaining for two weeks about losing the same 1.5 pounds, and how my body is doing random sabotage every day. I burned from 200-400 calories more than I ate for several days, while going to the gym every day, and still gained .8 pounds. Insane, right? After a while, I did come off, and then some more, so it all balanced out. Still, it's hugely frustrating and I can certainly sympathize. Just keep eating right and working out, and eventually the weight will come off.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:11 PM
FitDay Member

Hiya i agree to just carry on. Its times like this that have caused me to give up in the past only to end up more miserable and regretting it. The same as Apriltini said it DOES balance out in its own time.
Is it around that time of month cos this causes our bodies to retain fluid and blimey i can carry up to an extra 4lbs in the week before.
Also check your inch loss cos sometimes although the scales arent moving the way you want your body is still becoming trimmer.
Keep drinking your daily water cos this helps to rid your body of excess water and can reduce bloating.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:36 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you for the support. I lost 1 pound, not much but it's something. Your encouragement really helps to keep me going.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:28 PM
FitDay Member

Congrats! Even that little bit of progress can be a huge motivator. It can be a hard slog at times, but if you keep at it, you can beat the excess weight.

I weighed in a couple days ago and discovered I'd lost 1.6 pounds, all at once. So, yeah, it can happen suddenly. I also broke the treadmill at the gym. Oops! I consider that a small victory as well: I broke IT, it didn't break me. Heh.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:01 AM
FitDay Member

Well done on the pound loss. It all adds up and its better than a pound in the wrong direction. To some people in my world a pound doesnt seem alot to them but when they realise how much hard work goes into it they soon understand. Weight loss also varies on peoples age and weights so congrats on the loss.
My weight seems to be fluctuating alot this week especially after doing more exercise than i usually do. Maybe it will take a couple of days til i see the benefits on the scales.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:09 AM
FitDay Member

I'm convinced that hot weather makes me retaiting fluid. When it was really hot over the past few weeks here, I was careful with the diet and maintained my exercise, AND drank lots of water - and GAINED weight. So frustrating! This morning's cooler, and I'm down a few pounds (finally!). But I've also noticed the past several years that I tend to lose relatively easily in the fall. Hang in there - it'll happen!
Old 08-10-2011, 03:10 AM
FitDay Member

I totally agree with the water retention in hot weather. We dont get much of it here in England but when we do i swell up like a balloon- especially my legs and fingers. Doesnt help because i carry a good part of my weight on my thighs and look forward to seeing the inches come off them. Its hard work though, i was doing side knee lifts today and by the end i really srtuggled to get my foot off the ground. Im guessing it will get easier and of course will be worth it.
Old 08-16-2011, 02:21 AM
FitDay Member

I have had a similar issue with the scale not moving. I workout about an hour 3-4 days a week on the elliptical burning upt 650 calories, I take yoga classes 2 -3 days a week, and I walk my dogs between 2-4 miles ~5 days a week. You would think the weight would just be falling off of me. I started on Fitday at the end of June. It is now August- so it's been about 6 weeks. I've only lost about 3 pounds. My montly cycle totally sabotaged my weight goals. I am menopausal and that is really affecting things too. The good news is that although scale is not moving as quickly as I'd like it to - I HAVE gone down from a size 12/14 to a size 10/12 and that is very, very encouraging. Keep at it...it usually takes my body about a month of consistent effort before any weight loss shows up on the scale.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.