Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread starting 08/15/2011 >

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 08/15/2011

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 08/15/2011

Old 08-16-2011, 02:17 PM
FitDay Member

Tuesday Check In:

1. Keep calories under 1200. YES, YES
2. MINIMUM 3 fruits and veggies a day. YES, NO
3. Limit bread to 2 slices of 45 cal. variety. YES, NO
4. Drink 2-3 32 oz. glasses of water a day. YES, YES
5. Walk nightly. YES, YES 4 miles

Well, today I kept my calories in check but everything else went out the window! Ate too much bread instead of the fruits and veggies that I know I should be eating... will try again tomorrow.
Old 08-16-2011, 02:30 PM
Super Moderator

Quinn, I did the same today but like you said, tomorrow is a new day.
Old 08-16-2011, 02:57 PM
FitDay Member

$1200 for marching band????? You've got to be kidding! That's ridiculous! My daughter plays in marching, concert, pep and jazz... I sure couldn't afford it. That's really a crime. On college apps., the bigger schools are offering tuition assistance if you audition and play in their bands, not the other way around! We have no fee for participation in our Music Dept., thank goodness.

We have a pay for play for our sports too, but it's something like $50 per child, $100 per family.

Still pondering the whole daughter dilemma. I just feel badly that she came to me for guidance and I have no idea what to tell her. I keep hoping that something wise and insightful will come to me, but it's not. It's an unusual, intriguing, unique situation that she has found herself in... not one that most young women her age have had to deal with so she is going to have to take her "woman's intuition" out of her tool box and figure it out as she goes. Again, it's nothing bad, but I'm just afraid that someone with a great deal of power and influence could take advantage of her if she's not cautious and I hope that she continues to think with her head and not her heart. I know none of this makes sense... I'm just thinking out loud again... lol.
Old 08-16-2011, 03:40 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
$1200 for marching band????? You've got to be kidding! That's ridiculous! My daughter plays in marching, concert, pep and jazz... I sure couldn't afford it. That's really a crime. On college apps., the bigger schools are offering tuition assistance if you audition and play in their bands, not the other way around! We have no fee for participation in our Music Dept., thank goodness.

We have a pay for play for our sports too, but it's something like $50 per child, $100 per family.

Still pondering the whole daughter dilemma. I just feel badly that she came to me for guidance and I have no idea what to tell her. I keep hoping that something wise and insightful will come to me, but it's not. It's an unusual, intriguing, unique situation that she has found herself in... not one that most young women her age have had to deal with so she is going to have to take her "woman's intuition" out of her tool box and figure it out as she goes. Again, it's nothing bad, but I'm just afraid that someone with a great deal of power and influence could take advantage of her if she's not cautious and I hope that she continues to think with her head and not her heart. I know none of this makes sense... I'm just thinking out loud again... lol.
Quinn, it sounds like it will be a great learning and growing experience for her, at any rate. Hope all works out well. Think of how proud you'll be when she handles it maturely and gracefully!

The only comfort with the band money is that they do a number of intense fundraisers, not just selling stuff, washing cars, etc., that a number of students make close to all or a significant chunk of that. Our high school is only five years old, so I am sure they are trying to supplement its programs, buy instruments, uniforms, etc., and they also pay specialized instructors to come in and teach. At any rate, the marching is such a huge time commitment that it's very difficult to do both that and a sport, and with the level of his classes, he was not willing to commit to it, as he wants to do the tennis team. I have to respect his decision on that one; I really want a good experience this year!

I had withdrawals, too, this afternoon, from posting! Sometimes when it goes down, I jump over to their Facebook wall and see if others are commenting on it; there was an announcement on there today, so I figured something was up. I'm glad it got back up; need to post my goals and go to bed!

Last edited by cjohnson728; 08-16-2011 at 03:42 PM.
Old 08-16-2011, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator

Default Check in:

1. Calories 1200 max. 1187, 1211
2. Balance pie chart. A-, A-
3. 64 oz. water, at least. Yes, Yes
4. 25 g fiber, at least. 26, 28
5. Log absolutely everything. Yes, Yes
6. Exercise 7 times. None today, Cardio tennis in AM, walk in PM
7. Use journal to log thoughts/feelings/reasons for eating and assess choices. Not today, Some

Over my calories today by a couple cough drops, darn it!

I will probably have to take a pass on Saturday. I found out today that we're getting together with my husband's family to celebrate three birthdays. We'll meet halfway at either Bonefish Grill or Carrabba's. I'm not sure if either menu is online; must research it tomorrow.
Old 08-16-2011, 04:31 PM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone! I haven't posted for months, but I have good news, I'm 12 weeks pregnant! I've gained about 5 pounds so far and am feeling very comfortable with myself and am very excited!
Old 08-16-2011, 06:33 PM
FitDay Member

Congratulations Rubypeanut, hope you're feeling good and that you have a relatively easy pregnancy.
Started to reply to the posts but with not being able to get on after work yesterday I had so many to catch up on that my comments started to make no sense.
Anyway thanks to all who said kind things after my Muffin Monday, I know it wasn't a total binge but that muffin could have fed a family of four it was so big.

Quinn. You sound like a pretty switched on mum so I'm sure you have given your daughter the tools to deal with life and the knowledge that you will support her choices but be there if things don't quite turn out as well as she hoped.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:50 PM
FitDay Member

Default Tuesday check-in

My goals for this week:

1. Eat between 1200-1500 calories M-F. YES 1464/ YES 1272
2. Stay in control on the weekend.
3. Take my vitamins. YES/ YES
4. Drink 8-10 glasses of water per day. YES/ YES
5. Exercise 4 times. 1 down!

Well I tried and tried to check in last night and I couldn't get into the site. I notice I'm not the only one but being in a different time zone I couldn't wait for it to come back. I had to go to bed.

I went to last night's spin class and it was awesome! I also did really well on calories. I weighed in and was sort of happy that I stayed the same considering all the indulgences I had in London over the weekend but sort of disappointed that all my hard work over the course of last week didn't amount to a loss. It really is so hard for me to lose weight. Clearly my metabolism is out of whack or something. No matter how hard I work or how perfect my eating is, I never lose more than a pound. I was feeling pretty discouraged last night but this morning I figure all I can do is move forward and keep trying to get out of this vicious yo-yo cycle that I am in! It's becoming intolerable!

April, the spin class is really really fun and really really hard. I was getting through them okay in Canada but here in England the workout is way harder! Thankfully it goes by fast. Last Thursday when I went to the class, I was the only overweight person there and I felt pretty self conscious but once the music came on and the class got going, I felt better. Last night, there was a girl there who was about my size and it was here first class. She struck up a conversation with me afterwards. Her British accent is adorable and she clearly wanted to bond over how difficult the workout is. By the way, congratulations on your 45-pound weight loss!!!! That is amazing! You should really be proud of yourself!

Mike! I weighed in at the gym last night and I took a picture! BUT you can barely see the numbers at all in the photo and it's one of those archaic scales that you slide the slider thingy along the other thingy. The lighting in the locker room is pretty dim as you can see (which my thighs are happy about) so it's a super crappy picture. It actually reads 81 kg which means I am exactly the same as I was last Thursday when I weighed in. I'm just thankful my weekend in London didn't do too much damage! Anyway, as I mentioned I am going to Scotland on Friday and staying the weekend so meeting my 2-pound loss will be hard but I am up for this challenge again next week!

Rubypeanut, CONGRATS!!!!! I am super happy for you! A baby! How exciting!

So now that it's morning I gotta run to get to work and have run out of time to respond to everyone. Have a wonderful Wednesday, Everybody!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
weigh in.jpg (43.0 KB, 12 views)
Old 08-16-2011, 11:40 PM
FitDay Member

Tuesday Report

Fish oil and Vitamin D NO YES
Five servings veggies/fruits 5, 6
Calorie limit 1600 1238, 1497
Carbs less fiber limit 25g 23.5, 22.1
Sat fat limit 12% of total calories 11%, 10%
Cholesterol average 300mg per day 149, 273

Artificial sweetener limit 2 packets per day 2, 0
Sugar free candy limit 2 miniatures per day 2 1/2, 2
Water 64 oz. about 24-forgot YES
Exercise 5 days procrastinated until I was too tired, ditto

Last edited by Mern; 08-16-2011 at 11:55 PM.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:53 PM
FitDay Member

Rubypeanut! I'm so happy for you! Congratulations!

Cassie, you ought to call those 1211 calories green anyway. Congrats on a spectular Tuesday report! Enjoy your restaurant dinner with DH's family and just jump back on the wagon with us the next day.

Rose, you had a great Tuesday report, too. Glad you like the spin class. Big hug to you on the yo-yo syndrome while being true to your way of eating. Are you sure there are no hidden problems? I was doing that until Kumochi Mary mentioned about sodium nitrites in some processed foods and I found a lot in my fridge. As soon as I got off it, I started losing weight again. Maybe the more intense spin class will get your scale moving again.

Last edited by Mern; 08-17-2011 at 12:11 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.