Curtains in DS room no
Blinds in DD room no
stick to menu book yes
1 load laundry a day
2!
Old 08-16-2011, 01:30 AM
FitDay Member

Lizzie,

Don't feel bad. Here is a recap of my not so stellar Monday...

1. Keep calories under 1200. YES
2. MINIMUM 3 fruits and veggies a day. YES
3. Limit bread to 2 slices of 45 cal. variety. YES
4. Drink 2-3 32 oz. glasses of water a day. YES
5. Walk nightly. YES

AND THEN... after walking over 4 miles, I came home and ate everything that wasn't nailed down at 10:00 at night...ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why, oh why, oh why..... All that walking made me so hungry! I should have just gone to bed.

Oh well, today is another day. And, to top it all off, no one wanted my bikes... or my husband...
Old 08-16-2011, 01:43 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Oh well, today is another day. And, to top it all off, no one wanted my bikes... or my husband...
Goodwill at least will take the bikes...

Sorry about your 10:00pm eat-fest, it happens. You know it's better to do that then it is to wake up starving in the middle of the night. At least with a bedtime binge you usually get a good night's sleep.

Last edited by almeeker; 08-16-2011 at 01:46 AM.
Old 08-16-2011, 02:02 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie, if my notes don't work, maybe I should start posting my reports in the evening, too. Thanks for the alternative idea. I like the idea of notes on our DH's foreheads, but that wouldn't work for me for an evening fish oil reminder as he hibernates in the family room in the evening to watch The Golf Channel. What is "intent for for SS" ? This year our school district is having bad financial problems. Beginning this school year sports are pay-to-play at $500 per sport per student. Our senior granddaughter is on the track team. Good luck with the cardio tennis!

Aspikes, "2" what? Sorry--I'm a little slow today.

Quinn, yeah, I hate when I screw up a perfectly good day, too. But do what you tell us--put it behind you and look at each day as a fresh start. Big hug to ya!
Old 08-16-2011, 02:09 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Goodwill at least will take the bikes...

Sorry about your 10:00pm eat-fest, it happens. You know it's better to do that then it is to wake up starving in the middle of the night. At least with a bedtime binge you usually get a good night's sleep.
You mean Goodwill got rid of their "I'm So Mad At My Husband That I Could Spit" bin? Rats! What is it with men and their garages, anyway?

After reading my post, I realized what set it off. I've got a parenting issue that is weighing pretty heavily on me and for the first time "I've got nothin'", as they say. My daughter is looking to me for guidance, and I'm afraid to steer her the wrong way. It's not a horrible problem, mind you... probably one that others wish they had. I'm usually never at a loss, but this is a strangely unusual situation and I have no idea how to handle it and I have to come to a parenting decision by Thursday. I've asked the opinion of two family members and they gave me opposite advice, so I'm back at zero. I may have to let her make this decision on her own. Wouldn't it be great if, as parents, we had a crystal ball and could see into the future and THEN make up our minds??

Thanks Mern,

I'm going to pull it back together today. I give you credit for keeping on track with all that is going on with you right now... you have so much focus!!! I would have been heading for the nearest drive-through!
Old 08-16-2011, 02:11 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Well, I'm going to put a note on the fridge to remind myself to take vitamin D in the morning, and put a note in the bathroom to remind myself to take fish oil in the evening. Seems I just remember one or the other.
I used to forget all that stuff too, but now I use a pill minder. It's clear so I can see what's still in there, I leave it in the little shelf in the bathroom, got it for around $1 at Wal-Mart. Works so well for pills I bought one for the fish flakes, cause that 5 year old of ours is hit and miss on remembering to do her chores.
Old 08-16-2011, 02:26 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
You mean Goodwill got rid of their "I'm So Mad At My Husband That I Could Spit" bin? Rats! What is it with men and their garages, anyway?

After reading my post, I realized what set it off. I've got a parenting issue that is weighing pretty heavily on me and for the first time "I've got nothin'", as they say. My daughter is looking to me for guidance, and I'm afraid to steer her the wrong way. It's not a horrible problem, mind you... probably one that others wish they had. I'm usually never at a loss, but this is a strangely unusual situation and I have no idea how to handle it and I have to come to a parenting decision by Thursday. I've asked the opinion of two family members and they gave me opposite advice, so I'm back at zero. I may have to let her make this decision on her own. Wouldn't it be great if, as parents, we had a crystal ball and could see into the future and THEN make up our minds??

Thanks Mern,

I'm going to pull it back together today. I give you credit for keeping on track with all that is going on with you right now... you have so much focus!!! I would have been heading for the nearest drive-through!
Gee, I didn't know that Goodwill ever had a "I'm so mad at my husband I could spit" bin, shoot I missed out on that one! Actually if you can prove that he has difficulty in holding down a job they might take him after all.

And it's not just men and their garages. We don't have a garage so mine hides in the work shop in the basement or out in the shed. Any place he can go where there aren't 3-4 females cluttering up the place.

On the parenting issue you have to go with your gut instincts. Discuss it with her, tell her what you think, list out the pros and cons together and maybe it's time to let her make her own decisions. At the end of the day either you've raised a child you can trust to make good decision, or you still have some work to do. And yes a crystal ball would be a great thing to have as a mom, possibly as good as the eyes in the back of my head I'm still waiting on.

Last edited by almeeker; 08-16-2011 at 02:32 AM.
Old 08-16-2011, 03:18 AM
FitDay Member

Sorry Mern "2" was loads of laundry. I'm a little "quote challenged"!!! Hee hee
Old 08-16-2011, 03:43 AM
Super Moderator

Quinn, I have faith that you and your girl will get it sorted out. Maybe take a nice long walk and talk it out, hash out every possibility, then both sleep on it and see where you are the next day. Is there anyone who has been in the same situation that you or she could talk to, to see how the choice went? Just remember, there is such a thing as too much information; my husband refers to it as "analysis paralysis." When all else fails, as was suggested, go with your gut, and "I will support you as much as I can with whatever you decide" goes a long way, as you know.

Ashlee, I keep meaning to ask if you all have ever come north for a softball tournament at fields at Lost Mountain Park. That's really close to me and they have huge tournaments up there all the time, campers and trailers and pumped up teams...looks fun and exhausting!

Mern, I can't even begin to think what sports will cost. Am currently waiting on the demand letter for band dues. The letter of intent was for him to take the social studies AP exam at the end of the year. If the stuff is this confusing to me, I can only imagine how he feels.
Old 08-16-2011, 03:46 AM
FitDay Member

Hey folks, I know it's Tuesday, but better late than never, I suppose! I'm still unpacking - I've got books covering my entire apartment floor 'cause I was trying to organize them. I have WAY too many... Anyway, my goals are small this week:

1.) Under 1600 calories/day
2.) 64 oz water/day
3.) Go for a run

I skimmed the posts so far - the thread is hoppin' this week! Best of luck to everyone!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.