Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread starting 08/15/2011 >

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 08/15/2011

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 08/15/2011

Old 08-20-2011, 04:39 PM
Super Moderator

Ka-ching! You earned that dancing banana tonight, Mike. Congrats!
Old 08-20-2011, 04:42 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks Cassie. I think I may have another problem. That 6 mile walk is the longest walk that I've taken in a LONG time. I'd like to get in a 10 mile walk before the race but the race is so close, do I risk getting a blister before the race or risk going unprepared?

I will say that the 6 miles wasn't bad, in fact my time was getting better and better as I went, so I don't know. I think if I do 10 miles I need to do it in the beginning of next week so I can give my feet a chance to heal. Then again part of me says that I'm just walking it b/c my back won't let me run, so do I really need to "train" for it? Probably not.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 08-20-2011 at 04:45 PM.
Old 08-20-2011, 04:47 PM
Super Moderator

Oh crap!!! My banana isn't dancing!!!
Old 08-21-2011, 01:27 AM
FitDay Member

I saw your banana dancing, Mike. Wow, congrats on that walk so late at night! How are the shin splints doing?

Hey, I realized last night that although I still have nerve damage pain in my head from my fall last December, it doesn't wake me up at night anymore since I found the perfect pillow to use as I sleep in my recliner chair due to my bad back. I wasn't using a pillow before--just a sheet over the recliner.
Old 08-21-2011, 02:39 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Oh crap!!! My banana isn't dancing!!!
OMG I'm not even gonna touch this line with a ten foot pole... whoops! that might not have been the right phrase to use either..ten foot pole... your banana not dancing...hmm this is an unfortunate line of thought...

As for short jokes, I only pick on people of my own size. Psych!

Actually I'm shorter than you..and shrinking by the moment... but not my waist...

On another note (or maybe the same one, IDK), peanut butter sandies sound amazing...

Don't mind me. I am so punchy from lack of sleep. I am eating my fatigue... It is mid morning here and I have already eaten breakfast and lunch...at this rate, I will get to dinner before noon and will have to start on tomorrow's meals by mid afternoon.... I need to get some sleep... will someone please raise my DD so I can get some sleep? How `bout you, Amy? You won't even notice her amongst all those kids...she'll rarely be home anyway and then only to argue with you, take your car and leave wet towels on the floor (I suspect she might actually import other people's wet towels just to leave around here. Where the hell are all these towels coming from? And why are they all wet?) Can anyone say pass the peanut butter sandies please? Maybe a nap is in order before I start on brunch...

Last edited by canary52; 08-21-2011 at 02:50 AM.
Old 08-21-2011, 02:51 AM
Super Moderator

Yay, Mern, so glad you aren't waking up at night anymore. That's a pretty big deal.

Mike, are you in correct socks and shoes? What's up with the blisters? Several months ago I bought some socks I love...they're not cheap, but they're worth it...so comfortable, not a hint of a blister. They're called Thorlos.

Hope, I'll take your DD for a while; I always wanted more kids. I can't even imagine how she and my son would get along. It would either be like oil and water or "together we can rule the world."

Getting ready to take the boy shopping to have him involved in good breakfast and lunch options. I'm tired of him not knowing what he wants, but constantly asking what there is to eat. I figure if he's part of the process, it might be more successful. Then I need to come back here and get back to work on that report due at 9 AM tomorrow.

You would think the food hangover feeling would get old enough that I'd stop eating too much . Sheesh. Starting over, again.
Old 08-21-2011, 02:52 AM
FitDay Member

I was AWAL yesterday, but it wasn't by choice. Between DH and the kids, I couldn't get to the computer. Why is mom always the low dog on the totem pole? DH has a lab top, but he prefers to use this computer to read the paper and sync his phone, the kids have their own computer, but there are 3 of them and only one kid computer. That's it!!! I'm sitting on Santa's lap again this year and I'm going to ask him not only for a dining room set but a hot pink lap top with a picture of an excavator on it. Hot pink to deter the hubby and the excavator to deter the DDs. My SIL buys the most obnoxious girly farm boots money can buy (imagine hot pink leopard print with a feather boa stitched to the top), just to keep her boys from wearing them.

Lizzie you have it right on the blueberry image, if I don't already look like Virruka Salt, I will soon. I've been to the u-pik patch twice and eaten my body weight in berries both times. They charge $1/pound for the ones you carry out in the bucket, the ones you eat while picking are FREE. I try and put 30-40 quarts in the freezer and make 12-15 quarts (yes quarts, not pints or half pints) of low sugar jam, so I'll be going back there every morning this week. If you buy them at the market they are almost $3/pound, and that's the price for them in season !!! What they are going to cost this winter I can't even begin to imagine. I LOVE them and would probably still eat them if they cause heart attacks, but it's nice that at least one food I crave is actually good for me.

Cassie I know what you mean about feeling lethargic, I'm right there with you. However think I know what has been causing my problem, so I just need to figure out how to get back to my energetic self. For most of the summer I have not had a visit from Aunt Flo, and just about the time I was thinking I should choose a color to repaint the nursery and get a box of testing supplies, AF arrived like the perfect storm. I don't know that I was actually pregnant, but I think my body was considering the notion, I've had just a few symptoms but not the full contingent I normally have gotten. So now I need to pull out of this hormonal funk, and get back to business. The kids are headed back to school in a couple of weeks, and that usually gets me on track pretty well. Of course that's exhausting in it's own right.

Mike glad to see your banana is dancing. Sorry to hear that your back is flaring up again. DH has a similar problem, he hurts if he over does it, and he hurts if he doesn't do enough. So when you get done fixing up your yard, would you like to come and finish up mine? I need all that same stuff done. Holy Cow the weeds are crazy high in those flower beds. I need to get on all of that stuff.

Mern I'm so glad to hear that the GD has moved in. Maybe she'll be a good workout partner. How fun would that be? Anyway just reading your post made me feel tired and achy, and like I should get up off my butt and rent a steam cleaner. And here I had the nerve to try and kick your butt into a workout. Shame on me.

Cassie, David Cassidy was a hottie back in the day, I think it was his hair, now that he's clean cut it's not the same for me. I had a poster of his younger brother too, but my fave teen crush poster was of Luke Skywalker. I know, I know Han Solo was supposedly the heart throb in those movies, but my 13 year old self had a thing for Lukie, sigh.

Last edited by almeeker; 08-21-2011 at 06:50 AM.
Old 08-21-2011, 03:05 AM
FitDay Member

OMG, Hope you are cracking me up. Yeah, I'll take your DD, one more kid around here won't make that much difference. Typically I do really well with teenagers, even the argumentative ones. And I know exactly where all the towels are coming from . The secretly multiply inside the DD's swim bags . Thank heavens the pool has so much bleach in it, or the towels would grow enough toxic black mold to kill us all.

Now on the lack of sleep thing, I have insomnia too, but not when I exercise. If I get in a good workout, then I sleep and sleep well. The only problem is that if I don't get a good nights rest, I have no energy to workout, and the cycle continues. So my suggestion would be to put down tomorrow's breakfast and go for a long walk.
Old 08-21-2011, 03:10 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Getting ready to take the boy shopping to have him involved in good breakfast and lunch options. I'm tired of him not knowing what he wants, but constantly asking what there is to eat. I figure if he's part of the process, it might be more successful. Then I need to come back here and get back to work on that report due at 9 AM tomorrow.

You would think the food hangover feeling would get old enough that I'd stop eating too much . Sheesh. Starting over, again.
That's a really great idea on taking the boy shopping. I have one around here that might benefit from that practice. I'll try anything at least once.

I have a food hangover too, for breakfast yesterday I had not 1-2 muffins but 7!!! For lunch I ate about 150 lbs of blueberries and then went out for dinner, Italian no less where I ate a large order of bruschetta and a side salad with homemade super fattening dressing. Can you say C-A-R-B-S? My body hurts all over, but I know if there was a plate of pasta in front of me right now I would hork it back in a hot second.
Old 08-21-2011, 03:36 AM
FitDay Member

I am starting to get depressed... I am not losing any weight now, been stuck at the same weight for 11 days now. I am thinking of subtracting 250 from my calorie limit to see if it will kick start my weight loss again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.