Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread starting 08/08/2011 >

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 08/08/2011

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 08/08/2011

Old 08-14-2011, 12:48 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, I'm so glad your dogs finally set you free, but so sorry those shin splint things are bothering you again. You sure your new shoes fit right? Hope you get it figured out before the half marathon? When is that? I keep forgetting. You had a GREAT food and fitness report yesterday! And you get an an A+ for effort on your walk. I didn't even try.

My Saturday report

Fish oil and vitamin D daily NO, YES, No fish oil, YES, No fish oil, No again--keep forgetting to take it in the evening.
Five servings veggies/fruits daily 1, 4, 5, 5, 4, 4 or 5--too lazy to go back and look
Calorie limit 1600 608 (six hundred eight-crazy day), 1103, 1156. 1008, 1080, 1249
Sat fat limit 12%, 6%, 16%, 15%, 7%, 12%
Cholesterol average 300mg per day just 35mg, 126mg, 220mg, 102mg, 95mg, 99mg
Net carb limit (carbs less fiber) 25g 13, 26.5, 17.2, 25.9, 31, 25.9 It's those fresh garden tomatoes that are messing me up. Low carb for most people; but they're on my high carb list as far as managing blood sugar without meds goes. Normally I can control myself with just a slice or two of fresh tomatoes from the grocery store, but fresh from our garden is SO hard for me to resist. BUT the only REALLY bad day as far as blood sugar management goes was Friday at 31grams of net carbs.
Track protein 31g or 25%, 94 or 16%, 117 or 45%, 49 or 20%, 62g or 26%, 69g or 23%

Artificial sweetner limit 2 packets per day 0, 0, 0, 0, 4, 4
Sugar free candy limit 2 pieces per day 2, 2, 0, 2, 0, 0 but Saturday I had unsweetened baking chocolate with packets of artificial sweetener--same thing, really.

Water 64 oz. YES, YES NO, NO, NO, NO AGAIN
Exercise 5 days YES, YES, DAY OFF, NO, NO, NO

Last edited by Mern; 08-14-2011 at 01:04 AM.
Old 08-14-2011, 12:55 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Guys I've been reading this week but not posting much. ALSO NOT EATING WELL. Looks like I wanted to have my weight up before my holidays! I head off today to my son's then Florida. I may need to test my parenting skills next week when my 4 kids, 3 in-law kids, and 10 grandkids are all under one room. Add in Airplane trips and DisneyWorld and you have exhausted people. I'm going to start my own forum for my holiday as I don't want to gain while away and logging in will keep reminding me that it would be no fun losing my last 2 months losses. Mary
Old 08-14-2011, 01:07 AM
FitDay Member

Mary, I hope you have a wonderful trip and that things go smoothly with so much family around you all at once. Yes, Disney World is exhausting even under the best of circumstances. Also best wishes with your food and exercise. Great idea to log into your own forum for that added accountability.
Old 08-14-2011, 03:26 AM
FitDay Member

OK my goals:
1) no more than 1600 calories per day: 1470, 1660, 1173, 1622,2153, stopped counting at a gazillion
2) 64 oz water: 40, 56, 40, 48,40, 64
3) get more sleep; I could pack to visit Rose in the UK with the bags under my eyes: a bit more, still can't get a full night -stupid mind keeps waking me up, 6 hours or so of coma like sleep from sheer nervous exhaustion, some sleep4) more fruits and especially veg (I like Terri's idea; one with each meal, may try that):yes, yes, no, some not enough,YES, NOT ENOUGH SLEEP CAN YOU SAY STOOPID FROM EXHAUSTION?
5) write : a bit, mostly just journal stuff, same as yesterday prolly less, yes, eh,yes, yes
6) meditate : No, NO, yes, yes,no, no
7) gym or walk 4x this week: at least 2.5 miles, the longest I've done in years, short walk with DH, more like a frigging shuffle than walk I sleptwalked in other words, no, yes short walk,gym, no

I went to my foodie friends hungry: BIG MISTAKE. Then I just kept eating eating eating BECAUSE IT WAS THERE. I knew I wasn't hungry anymore. It was just like shovelling food into a big pit which turned out to be not so big. Because I felt it when I came home, that bloated ecccch uncomfortable feeling. Which is why I try not to do this any more. TRY being the operative word. I keep losing and gaining and losing and gaining the same stinking weight. What's that about doing the same thing over and over expecting different results? DUHHHHHHHHHH.....

Hi Mary. Have fun in Florida; I hope things go well with the family.

Joanna welcome back.

Terri you do have such wisdoma and innate kindness. How many people would do what you've done for that grad student? Not I, said the dog. Not I, said the cat. Not I, said the mouse. Oooops. Huh.

Mern I feel for you. You are going through so much. You are such a loving Mom and your kids are facing such tough challenges. I love the compassion and humor you have. I love your vision of your New Orleans experience. It cracked me up!!!

Cassie I also love hearing about your son. The honesty kid. My child would tell me she took her vitamin even as she was spitting it out in the garbage in front of me. She was always a great kid but nowadays to a paraphrase writer Mary McCartney about writer Lillian Hellman: "Every word she (says) is a lie including and and the."

And on that note...

Last edited by canary52; 08-14-2011 at 03:37 AM.
Old 08-14-2011, 03:37 AM
FitDay Member

Hope, congrats on your water and writing. Be sure to give yourself credit for each and every one of your accomplishments. I doubt there's any of us who could truthfully say we never went to a friend's house hungry and then "ate until the cows came home" as my raised-in-the-country husband would say. I hope your uncomfortable bloating is better. That sucks when it happens!

Well, as Terri said, this group is filled with loving moms (and dad) who go through tough challenges--including you. And all, including you, have compassion and humor. Wishing you stress relief--you need it more than I do.

After my post, Mike may disinvite me from New Orleans--afraid of going blind.

Have a great day! Huge hug to ya!
Old 08-14-2011, 03:55 AM
FitDay Member

Health/Fitness
1. log, Log, LOG! Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
2. 500 calorie deficit +581, -727, -1408, -986, -535, -1384 (week total -4459)
3. 80oz water daily Yes, Yes, Yes!, Yes, Yes, Yes
4. only one diet soda daily Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes,. Yes, Yes

Mike...I like your opinion. Don't keep it to yourself. Eventually we all say something that makes someone else mad. But if one person takes your advice and makes it useful then it was worth it.

I'm off to do more housework but just wanted to check in after logging yesterday. All that cleaning allowed me to have a cupcake and still have a kick ass deficit!! Woohoo!
Old 08-14-2011, 04:05 AM
Super Moderator

Hope, I've done the same, many a time, including to a work gathering of my husband's...I just could not leave the goodies alone! Unfortunately I've been doing it at home way too often. Tomorrow is back to strict rules for me. School starts and I've been treating every day like vacation . Also, I have work this week and I don't want to face my professional clothes! At any rate, the good-natured sarcasm you write in your missed goals always gives me a laugh; I feel the same way, but you put it into words better!

Mary, I hope you have a wonderful, awesome, fun-filled trip. I look forward to seeing you log in. Do the best you can but enjoy yourself some, too.

Mern, I haven't heard "till the cows come home" in almost forever. It gave me a smile this morning.

We just finished backpack shopping. I wanted something really sturdy (they say children should not carry more than 15% of their body weight in books...ROFL) because he has huge books this semester...19 pounds of textbooks for only three classes. Apparently, "ergonomic," "support," "cubic feet" and related terms are code for "pay us a week's salary."
Old 08-14-2011, 04:18 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
We just finished backpack shopping. I wanted something really sturdy (they say children should not carry more than 15% of their body weight in books...ROFL) because he has huge books this semester...19 pounds of textbooks for only three classes. Apparently, "ergonomic," "support," "cubic feet" and related terms are code for "pay us a week's salary."
ROTFL about the week's salary. DD's backpack was so heavy I actually had it weighed at the school nurse's office, which earned me the nickname "psycho-mom."

I also have not heard the expression "till the cows come home" in years. I love it. Yeah well the cows came home and went to bed and I was still eating.

Mern and Cassie, thanks for your encouragement.

Speaking of which, April, you're doing great!!! Kudos!!!

Last edited by canary52; 08-14-2011 at 04:21 AM.
Old 08-14-2011, 04:50 AM
FitDay Member

April, great job yesterday. Congrats on that wonderful deficit and woohoo on being able to enjoy a cupcake!

Cassie, you may be pleasantly surprised when you don your professional clothes tomorrow. We're often harder on ourselves than we need to be and sometimes we gain mostly water weight and the scale forgives us quickly. Yep, DH has a lot of country expressions, but some of them are not appropriate to share. LOL Golly, I've seen some of the prices on the better-for-kids'-backs bookbags. Some schools around here, despite the heavy books, will not allow bookbags with wheels. I'm not up with a lot of modern technology, but I saw on TV that some schools are encouraging tablets where students can download the textbooks. Not in my school district yet, though.

Hope, golly, you're so welcome for the encouragement. I get both motivation and encouragement from our group on a daily basis. That's hilarious that you earned the name psycho mom over a bookbag being weighed. But if you're like me, I am not often bothered by what people think of me. I do what I think I need to do and let people roll their eyes or laugh or scoff or whatever it is they wish to do. LOL Another LOL on eating AFTER the cows came home.

Last edited by Mern; 08-14-2011 at 04:53 AM.
Old 08-14-2011, 06:49 AM
Super Moderator

OMG cutting 2' tall grass in this heat sucks! 5 minute break for me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.