Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/1

Old 07-31-2011, 04:20 PM
Super Moderator

Default 7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/1

Who's in for another week?
Thanks everyone for keeping me in line, even though I was threatened with a whip.

This will be week 2 of my 5 week challenge (thanks Mary for the idea).
July 25- August 29?
5 weeks:
Only 5 cheat days: 1/5
Walk/run 50 miles: 10.57/50
Weight no more than 169#'s: ? still have plenty of time

I'll keep my goals the same for this week.
1) Eat clean 6 days (only 1 cheat day):
2) 3000 calories deficient for the week:
3) Weigh in on Monday and post a picture of the scale, myself & my weight goal chart:
4) Make my food log public: yes http://www.fitday.com/fitness/Public...?Owner=01gt4.6
5) walk/run 10 miles (or more if Quinn does more):
6) gallon of water a day:
7) work out 3 times:
9) daily:
fish oil x 2
vitamin
floss
10) no more than 2 servings of nuts per day (including peanut butter)
11) 5 servings of veggies a day (green veggies don't get logged)

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 08-01-2011 at 02:29 AM.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:28 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for starting us out, Mike. Glad I didn't need to use that whip--but I'm keeping it in the corner by my computer just in case....

I'm really pumped! Down another pound this morning since breaking my plateau.

Daily goals the same as last week BUT I'm putting two goals I grossly underachieved last week at the top of the list.

Fish oil and Vitamin D
5 servings fruits/veggies
Calorie limit 1600
Calorie deficit 900
Carbs less fiber limit 25g
Saturated fat limit 12% of total calories per day
Dietary cholesterol average 300mg per day

Artificial sweetener limit 2 packets per day
Sugar free Hershey/Russell Stover chocolate miniatures limit 2 per day
Stay sodium nitrite/sodium nitrate free (eliminating it broke my plateau)
Water 64 oz.
Exercise 5 days

Last edited by Mern; 08-01-2011 at 12:34 AM.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:36 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Mike and Mern Looks like us oldies and Mike are the ones to start this week. Or maybe it's the week of M & M's. I'm feeling motivated to work hard the next two weeks. I leave for Florida for 10 days on the 15th and know losing will be a challange then. My goal is to eat well and exercise for a total defecit of 5000 calories per week.

3 trips to the Y each week
Lots of Water
Sauna any day the temp is below 25C
Get back to doing my morning yoga every weekday.
Bike ride X 10 over the next 14 days.

Mary
Old 08-01-2011, 12:59 AM
FitDay Member

Good day everyone

Goals this week:

1. Stay under 1200 cals per day
2. Keep getting on that treadmill as often as possible.
3. Again with the protein increase, need to make list of all things high in protein and start eating.
4. More plain fluids daily.

General
1. Make appt to get my will sorted.
2. Find a zumba class nearby.
3. Catch up on some overdue correspondence.

Mern - wow great loss last week, you've shattered that plateau, now start heading downhill. I don't eat much meat but I do eat chicken, however during the week I tend to eat more carbs than anything, even with my salads I don't usually add protein.
I have 4 weeks until we leave for LA, then it's Vegas for a few days, Yosemite, Sonoma/ Napa Valley area, San Francisco, down the coast and finish in Santa Monica, staying in each for a few days.
I was laughing at you cutting your Hershey bar into small pieces, I do that with my half of a pizza, it really looks like more on the plate and if I pick up and eat each piece slowly I feel like I've had a full size one ( well almost).
I also have chocolates sent to me from a very fancy shop every two months and as they are so expensive and very rich I am happy to keep them for a special treat at weekends and to only eat two instead of a pudding. I also have to admit that I did buy a half price Phish Food carton on Friday but I only had a little helping on Sunday, there's lots left.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:44 AM
FitDay Member

I'm in! BAAAAAADDDD weekend, food-wise... but, on the bright side, I got in a ton of exercise so, maybe, the damage won't be too bad. Keeping my goals really simple this week because I have an out of town shopping trip planned with daughter, and I have to get through 36 pages of new college apps., hopefully, by the end of the week. I probably won't be around a whole lot until I get this done, but I'll check in as I can.

Luckily for me, I have a stead fast rule that I don't eat while I'm on the laptop. (That should be most of the week!)

* 4 fruits and veggies a day. (Can't figure out why this has been hard for me this summer as I was, pretty much, a vegetarian for 4 years.)

*Eat clean. (Simple enough.)

* Log foods and limit calories to 1200.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:47 AM
Super Moderator

Hi everyone! Mike, starting us off means you're motivated; sounds good!

I'm not setting goals this week...I'm on vacation and leave for the beach tomorrow morning. I'll check in till then and probably resume Saturday night when we get to the hotel on the way home. I don't think I have internet at the condo at the ocean.

I had a few too many goodies last night, so I'm going to be careful today. Hubby and I were planning to jog this morning, but the heat and humidity were already oppressive, so I'm going to lift weights now and we'll give it a shot later after the sun goes down.

Y'all's goals look great; have a wonderful day!!
Old 08-01-2011, 02:10 AM
FitDay Member

Mary, "Mike and Mern" sounds like the title of a comic book, doesn't it? LOL Wow, really strict goals this week with a lot of hard work this week. And I know you can do it. We oldies do pretty darned good! LOL

Lizzie, thanks for your encouragement. You have great goals this week, as usual. My friend lost 15 pounds just by joining a zumba class--didn't change her diet at all. She's really trim now. I'm sure your search of the Internet will give you a bunch of protein choices that you will be able to fit into your diet. Yogurt, cheese, nuts, beans (black have less carbs) and peanut butter are good choices other than meat. Aw, that's great that you just have 4 weeks until vacation. I thought it was just Vegas. Wonderful that you have other places you'll visit in the US. I've never been to that part of the US, but would especially like to visit Napa Valley and San Francisco. Unfortunately DH doesn't like to travel. But I've been considering paying for my daughter joining me on a really nice vacation in a few years. Funny how that trick of cutting food smaller and using smaller plates helps make the serving seem like more, even though our mind knows how much it is. Eating it slowly to make it last longer satisfies our taste buds and sense of pleasure. I think it's great that you let yourself indulge in the gourmet chocolates but keep it controlled. LOL I thought Phish Food was FISH until I looked it up on the Internet: "Ben & Jerry’s concocted a chocolate ice cream with chewy marshmallow nougat, a thick caramel swirl and a school of fudge fish in every pint."

Cassie, just enjoy that vacation! We'll miss you if you can't get the Internet! Have a great time at the beach and let us know each time you see guys ogling your new bikini bod. Wow, great job on doing weights just in case you can't go jogging as well. Yeah, I'm putting tips from Mindless Eating to good use. When DH comes back from golfing, I'm not serving him turkey chili--I'll serve him "Southwest Turkey Chili Seasoned to Perfection in a Sauce of Fresh From The Garden Tomatoes with Green Peppers and Black Beans" (but I won't say they're black SOY beans because most people don't think of soy as appetizing.) LOL that's one tip I don't think I'll use much, but I see Dr. Wansink's point. Wow, you did a SPLENDID job burning as many calories as you ate, even with the strawberry pie. But even if you had been up a little on unburned calories, you're on vacation, you enjoyed your food, AND you got good exercise for your muscles and heart. Way to go!

Mike, I think you did a good job, too. The fish is good protein, some Omega-3, and sometimes it just tastes best fried. And baking the French fries was a great idea to cut down on fat intake. Gee, you still came in at -530 for the day and exceeded your goal of a 3000 calorie deficit for the week by 427--plus you walked 3.4 miles! Congrats on that! Yeah, you're up a little in fluff, but give yourself kudos for jumping right back in there and aiming to reclaim that muscle ripped bod. How's your back feeling?

Cassie and Quinn, ah, there's your opening for a good jab: "I ate like a 'normal person...' " Granny here gives you permission to give Mike your best shot.

Quinn, like Cassie, in your great shape, you can afford to eat an occasional half o' pie. I'll bet that "stupid fruit" pie was delicious. Wow, congrats on that hike! Enjoy your food while on that shopping trip--just try to make it controlled cheats whenever you can. I have no doubt all your exercise will forgive you any over-indulgences anyway. Good rule to not eat at the computer--that can lead to a lot of mindless eating. Is your back still doing well with using the weights sitting or lying down?

I know Mike was just kidding about us being old, but I'll throw in my 2 cents worth: I weigh just 2 1/2 pounds more than I did ten years ago. I've reversed my pre-diabetes, quit smoking, and I'm exercising on a regular basis--exercised only occasionally until joining this group. And now I'm working on lowering my cholesterol and triglyceride numbers through diet.

Last edited by Mern; 08-01-2011 at 02:20 AM.
Old 08-01-2011, 02:35 AM
FitDay Member

I think it is my turn to get back into goal making. I have been slacking and my weight not dropping is showing it to me. I have been fluctuating between 288-290 for the past three weeks or so and I am not thrilled. I haven't been logging anything since a few months ago when I couldn't access the site anymore and got frustrated but know that I lost better when the facts were in writing in front of me to see. I am not the best at keeping up on all the posts so please don't see me as self-centered if I can't keep up

Health/Fitness Goals:
1. log, Log, LOG!
2. 500 calorie per day deficit
3. Exercise 30 min x 5 times
4. 80oz or more water daily

Life Goals
1. File home paperwork
2. Do water testing on fish tank
3. Spend quality time daily with hubby
4. Go through kids clothes

Congrats Mern on breaking your plateau! I am going to feed off of your energy and try to get mine broken as well!!

Quinn...I think you are doing great with all things considered! Keep up the good work. Your hard work with exercising will allow for those small food slipups while on your trip.
Old 08-01-2011, 02:45 AM
FitDay Member

I'm in!

1.) Stay under 1600 calories/day
2.) Drink 64 oz. water/day
3.) Start packing
Old 08-01-2011, 03:56 AM
FitDay Member

I have been bad but I after being absent for a week I cannot stay away any longer. I just read all the posts and everyone's goals look great.

Thanks Mike for starting us off!

Cassie, have an amazing beach vacation!!!!!

Mern, way to break the plateau! Woohoo!

Quinn, I have been much worse than you. I don't know why it happened. I still haven't figured it out but I slipped and fell and now I have to get back up. I think you are in amazing shape and since you have reached your goal, you know you have what it takes so just forgive yourself and keep moving forward!

My goals:

1.Eat between 1100-1400 calories
2. 30% protein daily
3. 8-10 glasses of water daily
4. take my vitamins
5. No Sugar!
6. Exercise 4 hours this week.
7. minimum 700-calorie deficit per day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.