Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/1 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/1

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/1

Old 08-02-2011, 02:07 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Well it's been said that the Louisiana state bird is the mosquito. They have been know to carry away small children and animals.

A mosquito truck goes through the neighborhoods spraying a fog of insecticide in the air to kill mosquitos. "Big Worm" aka "Big Perm" lost his job so it's not the same as the ice cream truck.

I know that I lost some of y'all here but someone will get it... I think.

Haha! Gotcha!!
Old 08-02-2011, 03:24 AM
FitDay Member

I was out all day yesterday, so did a ton of walk... but sadly did not keep track of what I ate. I stopped writing stuff down the last 2 to 3 days, so kicking myself right now.

Okay! Week goals:
1. Log!!!
2. Drink 12 oz. water.
3. Get an exercise routine and do it 3 to 5 times this week.
4. Eat at most 1400
5. Keep up with fiber
6. Keep up with calcium
7. Take Vitamins

Other goals:
8. Clean his room, so we can pay for our new bed soon.
9. Finish cleaning mine.
10. Start cleaning living room (where we have been sleeping)
11. Make cupcakes on my high days (making up my own recipes)
Old 08-02-2011, 03:41 AM
FitDay Member

I admire all you stay at home moms. The best thing I ever did was raising my children however there was now way I could have stayed at home with them and remained sane. Work was an escape where I actually got paid for all my labour! Of course you moms who work outside the house still have everything to do once you get home.

Being old and able to send the grandkids back is a luxury! I decided to celebrate my 65th birthday tomorrow by doing a bail hearing for a 77 year old who should not be in jail. I'd been going to take the day off then thought -- I want to celebrate the fact I can still work - and enjoy it. Of course I'm also doing dinner and golf. Mary
Old 08-02-2011, 03:52 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, we used to say the mosquito was the state bird of Alaska, too! Nasty little things... I used to live on a river in central Alaska, and I remember one time walking with a friend in the summer, and there was literally a cloud of mosquitos following us - she got so desperate, she jumped into the river!

April - I have a feeling my move-in weekend is the same as everyone else's! Now that's going to be a terror! Seriously, I know what you mean, though, about move-in weekend in a college town... hopefully it won't be too bad.

So, I'm experimenting to find the best fruit to go with Greek yogurt. So far I've tried blueberries, raspberries, mango and kiwi fruit. The winner is currently mango - something about the flavor and the texture just pair great with the thick yogurt. Anyone else tried anything that can't be beat?
Old 08-02-2011, 05:46 AM
Super Moderator

Default A day late, but I'm alive

Hi everyone! Mind if I join a day late? >.> <.< Things have still been really crazy at work but I think I can have the time to post some goals and catch up with everyone. Seems like we're off to a good start, that's great!

These past 2-3 weeks I've basically been doing ZILCH on the exercise front but have eaten well enough to maintain my weight - or at least it's been bouncing around between 170.5 and 172. I'm trying to tell myself that THAT IS GOOD because it means that my food-oriented lifestyle really has changed, but I've made no progress on the loss front, and I'm very ready to be in the 60's. I think my switch got turned down from 10 to a 6 or so due to all the stress (and the eating out, constant eating out and brainstorming sessions...), but I can feel it flipping back to where I want it to be.

I know if I make a huge exercise goal I won't stick to it; I need to ramp up because for me it has to be a habit, or I won't do it (and I'll just frustrate myself if I don't do a big goal). Also, I hurt my knee yesterday (slight hyperextension) so I won't be exercising today. Maybe tomorrow if it's feeling better. So these goals are probably going to change from week-to-week as I dip my toe back in the water for real and figure out what my body needs at this stage. It'll also be good for me, I think, to sit and type them out and really think about it! So here goes:

Weekly Goals:

1) Deficit of between 4,000-5,000 calories by Sunday
2) 96 oz. water daily
3) Multivitamin every day
4) Exercise (anything, just move!) twice this week. Bonus points if I go to the gym.
5) Log everything (this habit has sadly slipped)
6) Make an effort on my appearance every day
7) Eat at least one fruit or vegetable serving with every meal
8) Get rid of my fat clothes!!

I'm thinking goal #8 will be really motivational. I'm hanging on to my biggest pair of jeans and my "go-to" fat shirt to sentimental and comparative purposes, but there are a lot of clothes clogging up my closet that I never really want to see again!

I've missed you all very much, and I hope the day is finding you well! I will catch up soon!

~Terri
Old 08-02-2011, 05:52 AM
FitDay Member

Mary, really healthful food and exercise. Kudos to you. Wow, you are such a wonderful person, doing that bail hearing on your birthday and being thankful you are still able to work. Enjoy your dinner and golf!

April, great job yesterday. I hope you get the quality time with DH today.

Ann, great job yesterday. Running and eliptical during lunch break! Whew, major kudos on that! I tried to do the eliptical a few weeks ago and started it on the heart program, programming in my weight and age to get what my heart rate should be. After just .16 (not 1.6) miles the program terminated and told me I had gone over 100% of my peak heart rate. I joked that it may as well have yelled, "Get off, old lady, before you KILL yourself!" LOL But there are plenty other exercises at the Y that I can do. Cooking ahead is a great idea--really does help keep one on track.

Amy, so sorry! Sometimes that carmel corn just jumps down people throats before they can stop it. (Chocolate covered doughnuts attack me like that occasionally.) But I have no doubt you can make up for that 654 calorie surplus. Did you remind your Mom of her shipping you off to grandma's house for a couple weeks each summer?

ChibiSub, congrats on the walking yesterday. No problem starting the food goals a day late--you can still report a really great week.

Joanna, I've never tried Greek yogurt. But it sounds delicious with fruit.

Last edited by Mern; 08-02-2011 at 05:56 AM.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:08 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Well it's been said that the Louisiana state bird is the mosquito. They have been know to carry away small children and animals.

A mosquito truck goes through the neighborhoods spraying a fog of insecticide in the air to kill mosquitos. "Big Worm" aka "Big Perm" lost his job so it's not the same as the ice cream truck.

I know that I lost some of y'all here but someone will get it... I think.
Got it! Thanks. Must have been terrible to walk behind that.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:14 AM
FitDay Member

Mern, Thank you, I am determined to make this week a good one. Congrats on the loss sticking! Those nitrates were the ones being mean to you!

Mary, sounds like a great birthday plan!

Terri, you will get back on track in no time ! Have fun closet cleaning!
Old 08-02-2011, 06:39 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Mern! I fear we are in a bit of a rut. That's why I made it a goal. He did just come get me for a lunch out though. I couldn't refuse even though I didn't need the calories. Him making that effort was far more worth it than dieting. Don't get me wrong. We aren't that bad off, we are just having some money issues and too many irons in the fire at the moment. School clothes shopping needs done and etc, etc. Sometimes it just all weighs too heavily on a couples state of mind. That and this was my TOTM week too.

Mary..good for you for helping someone else out on your birthday! You seem so sweet!

Terri..nice to see ya back. I've not been doing as much as I should either and have decided to kick it up a notch. Despite the chinese buffet lunch I just had with the hubby.
Old 08-02-2011, 07:40 AM
FitDay Member

Well, I screwed up! DH has a union meeting with a buffet meal today so I don't have to cook. I was going to have leftover turkey chili for dinner (even had it logged) but then couldn't resist taking a bite of my granddaughter's leftover teriyaki noodles--and before you know it, one little bite turned into three good size spins around my fork. So I had to go back into my FitDay food log that I had planned out for the day and make some changes because the MOST important thing for my health right now is managing my blood sugar without meds. So I exchanged my planned dinner for a protein shake made thicker and more filling with 4 tablespoons of flaxmeal. I'll still be 1% over target in sat fat and 1 serving short of fruits/veggies, but it could have been a whole lot worse. Live and learn!

Terri, sounds like you've been doing VERY well on food under the circumstances and it certainly sounds as if your healthful eating has become a lifestyle just out of habit. That's great! I was just saying last night that I think it's "stupid" to push oneself on exercise with an injury. Better to lay low and heal and work back up very slowly--just don't overwork that knee if you do go back to the gym. Great goals--especially the one on getting rid of the fat clothes.

April, glad you got to enjoy lunch with DH. Oh, I understand those lean money years--been there, done that. Wishing you as much peace and patience as you can get as go through that.

Last edited by Mern; 08-02-2011 at 09:58 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.