Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/1 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/1

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/1

Old 08-01-2011, 01:38 PM
Super Moderator

oh Lord, 3 tonight? I'll see what I can do. It's about to rain.

[laces up shoes]
Old 08-01-2011, 01:47 PM
FitDay Member

Kumochi Mary--what day this month is your birthday?

Quinn, congrats on your walk. Tell Mike tomorrow that you walked 23 miles at the mall. LOL

Mike, it's really hard replying to everyone, but you do a great job. Thanks for your congrats on my weight loss. Shouldn't be tough for me to get in five servings of fruits and veggies since I'm a veggie lover-- and I DO log my green veggies. I've got some egg substitute (store brand like Egg Beaters) so maybe I'll start eating low carb veggie omelets for breakfast. I laughed aloud at the guy "treadmill dancing." That's hilarious! Glad your back is better. We have the rest of our lives to exercise--taking time off to recuperate from back problems is really smart. Those who risk further injury because they don't want to appear weak are just stupid. Hey, I'm gonna fry some fish tomorrow--not breaded, though. I have some delicious Swai fish that is great just seasoned with "Slap Ya Mama" Cajun seasoning (from Walker & Sons in Ville Platte, LA) and fried in butter and extra virgin olive oil. "Yes, I was joking about y'all being old... granny." Where's that #$%^&* whip?! LOL Just kidding--I really don't mind being teased about being old. I've never been to a high school reunion, but I have dinner every September with some college friends I met back in 1964. OMG, that was before you were even ALIVE! Go on, I hear ya laughing. Hope you enjoy your three mile walk and that it stayed dry for you.

I'm signing off and going upstairs to watch TV. Goodnight, everyone.

Last edited by Mern; 08-01-2011 at 01:50 PM.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator

Just my luck I'm walking right now behind a mosquito truck
Old 08-01-2011, 02:23 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Just my luck I'm walking right now behind a mosquito truck

I was going to tell you to take your umbrella, Ella... lol.

Mosquito truck?? Is that like an ice cream truck?? (Just kidding... lol)

3 miles a night, Pal, rain or shine...
Old 08-01-2011, 02:58 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
I was going to tell you to take your umbrella, Ella... lol.

Mosquito truck?? Is that like an ice cream truck?? (Just kidding... lol)

3 miles a night, Pal, rain or shine...
I won't have the time to do 3 miles a night but I'm off to a good start.

Old 08-01-2011, 03:07 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mern
Kumochi Mary--what day this month is your birthday?

Quinn, congrats on your walk. Tell Mike tomorrow that you walked 23 miles at the mall. LOL

Mike, it's really hard replying to everyone, but you do a great job. Thanks for your congrats on my weight loss. Shouldn't be tough for me to get in five servings of fruits and veggies since I'm a veggie lover-- and I DO log my green veggies. I've got some egg substitute (store brand like Egg Beaters) so maybe I'll start eating low carb veggie omelets for breakfast. I laughed aloud at the guy "treadmill dancing." That's hilarious! Glad your back is better. We have the rest of our lives to exercise--taking time off to recuperate from back problems is really smart. Those who risk further injury because they don't want to appear weak are just stupid. Hey, I'm gonna fry some fish tomorrow--not breaded, though. I have some delicious Swai fish that is great just seasoned with "Slap Ya Mama" Cajun seasoning (from Walker & Sons in Ville Platte, LA) and fried in butter and extra virgin olive oil. "Yes, I was joking about y'all being old... granny." Where's that #$%^&* whip?! LOL Just kidding--I really don't mind being teased about being old. I've never been to a high school reunion, but I have dinner every September with some college friends I met back in 1964. OMG, that was before you were even ALIVE! Go on, I hear ya laughing. Hope you enjoy your three mile walk and that it stayed dry for you.

I'm signing off and going upstairs to watch TV. Goodnight, everyone.
Yeah that fool on the treadmill is crazy. I mean... what did he think was going to happen? I've never heard of Swai, where is from? I've never tried Slap Ya Mama but I've heard that it's pretty good. Yeah 1964 is just a little before my time, that doesn't make you old though. As long as you don't need a hoveround, you're not old.
Old 08-01-2011, 03:17 PM
Super Moderator

I'll keep my goals the same for this week.
1) Eat clean 6 days (only 1 cheat day): yes
2) 3000 calories deficient for the week: -774
3) Weigh in on Monday and post a picture of the scale, myself & my weight goal chart: yes
4) Make my food log public: yes http://www.fitday.com/fitness/Public...?Owner=01gt4.6
5) walk/run 10 miles (or more if Quinn does more): 3.75
6) gallon of water a day: yes
7) work out 3 times: no
9) daily:
fish oil x 2 yes
vitamin yes
floss yes
10) no more than 2 servings of nuts per day (including peanut butter): yes(2)
11) 5 servings of veggies a day (green veggies don't get logged): yes(5)

Old 08-01-2011, 03:37 PM
Super Moderator

Ate clean and well today, weights in the morning and a jog in the evening with the hubby. Leaving for the beach at lunchtime tomorrow and then all bets are off. The plan is smart food for breakfast and lunch and then seafood dinners/boardwalk food in the evening, hopefully within reason.

It's been lovely seeing the family; I spent the day shopping with my mom today. For being 79 and using a cane, she sure got away from me fast, especially around purses . It was rather like having a toddler; I turned around and she was gone, lol. My niece did our family photo shoot yesterday, so I can't wait to see how those come out. The only downer is that I'm starting a cold; hope to nip it in the bud really quickly.

Looks like everyone's week is off to a good start! I'll sure miss you guys! Have a great week !
Old 08-01-2011, 04:03 PM
FitDay Member

'Preciate the faith, Mike. Way to work in the dancing banana... crazy little dude that he is.

Mern, you are always so encouraging! Thanks you!

1.) Stay under 1600 calories/day: Yes
2.) 5000 calorie deficit: -1191 (-1191)
2.) Drink 64 oz. water/day: Yes
3.) Start packing: ...
Old 08-01-2011, 04:28 PM
FitDay Member

Hello all,

My goals and Monday report.

1. Calorie deficit of 6000: 922
2. Drink 3 L of water: Yes
3. Stay away from baked goods: Yes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.