Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7/25 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7/25

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7/25

Old 07-27-2011, 05:47 PM
FitDay Member

Wednesday

1. Calorie deficit of 6000: 597, 788, 523(1908)
2. Drink 3L of water: Yes, Yes, Yes
3. Stay away from cheese: Yes, Yes, Yes
4. Stay away from cookies: Yes, Had one oreo. , Yes
5. Finish the lesson by Wednesday. Oh, did not happen.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:07 PM
FitDay Member

I hope the Magic Scale Fairy comes and visits me next Monday...

Cassie, I am generally not too drawn to cookies, but lately I have noticed they keep finding their way to my mouth. Luckily yesterday I was able to give away the rest of the pack. Hope you get much needed rest before your travels.

Muna, that sounds like a nasty fall, take it easy. Keep working towards your goals you will see the difference.

Mern. Congrats on so much green yesterday! Looks like you have balanced it out. I can read that you are MORE than thrilled on your granddaughter coming back!

Quinn, as Lizzie said, it is really great you are only playing around 4 pounds, and the most important thing is that you know what works for you, so you are doing great at maintaining.

Almeeker, sounds like your fair days were busy busy but also fun. Hope you get your exercise in tomorrow.

Lizzie, kudos on the treadmill! You got a lot of it done.

Joanna, I would also say that 1000 calorie deficit depends on each person. Some people have no problem doing it, but it looks like you keep your body guessing by having varying deficits, for me at least what matters at the end are the averages and that you get the proper nutrients.

Mike, great going on the plum! You are doing great, so much green!
Old 07-28-2011, 01:16 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, thanks--I looked online for ON Cookies and Cream and it came up with the protein powder. Hadn't noticed the Optimum Nutrition brand name--just saw whey protein and figured that must be what it is. I'm a snoop--I'll be peeking at your food log. LOL Glad you went back to sleep after the nuts. My only question on that was because I think nuts take more work for your stomach to digest, I wondered if you'd have trouble falling back to sleep. I didn't know one way or the other from experience. Yeah, my splurge was lite in calories, just heavy on cholesterol--although I'm not convinced that dietary cholesterol is all the danger it's reported to be. I'm going to let my blood test next month decide whether my "sacrifice" trading real eggs for Egg Beaters or Walmart's Great Value Liquid Eggs is worth it. I know the egg substitutes have egg whites, but they don't taste like whole beaten eggs. OH YEAH I WOULD HAVE FOUND THAT BUTTERFINGER IN YOUR FOOD LOG! Be afraid, man--be VERY afraid. LOL Wow! Congrats on choosing the plum--really, that took guts! I'm proud of you, kiddo! I agree some people feel better on more carbs. If it weren't for managing my blood sugar, I'd eat more carbs just for satisfaction, but my body is used to lower carbs. Lordy, that's a whole darned lot of water!!! Gotta ask--how many times did you have to get up during the night?

Quinn, thanks for your kind words about my granddaughter.

Joanna, fantastic job yesterday! I've just heard and read to not keep your calorie intake under 1200 calories for more than five days--that doing so can lead to starvation mode. I hadn't read or heard anything about a limit on the calorie deficit, but it does make sense that there should be a limit because we do need enough calories for our bodies and brains to work efficiently.

Cassie, so sorry you're not feeling good! Did you do a lot of the driving yourself? I've had the numbness (and tingling) in my hands when driving to my sister's house about 2 1/2 hours away. I hope you're feeling better by now and that you slept well last night. You're doing a really admirable job on your goals while on vacation so far! Congrats--but enjoy yourself, too, and allow yourself some treats so you don't feel like you're deprived. I read some of Mindless Eating at the park yesterday while my grandkids were playing. I have learned so much about myself from that book! Thanks for the recommendation!

Anyone interested: Mindless Eating by Brian Wansink, Ph.D. addresses why we eat more than we think and suggests "reengineering strategies" for overcoming our problem areas. Until I started reading it, I didn't think the book applied to me--it does.

Main80, great job again yesterday! Aw, I hope the scale fairy comes to visit you, too. You're working so hard--you deserve to see a lower number. You are right about my being MORE than thrilled about my granddaughter returning home to stay. I was not comfortable with her move at all--even more than missing her horribly, I didn't think the move was in her best interest. I was so worried about her that I was crying myself to sleep at night. But it's all over now.

Last edited by Mern; 07-28-2011 at 01:20 AM.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:42 AM
Super Moderator

Default Life has been CRAZY

Hi everyone!

I have missed everyone here this past week (when, I know, I basically disappeared off the map). To make a very long story short, the funding situation at work has imploded, and I've been spending the last week scrambling to do a lot of reading and writing. I've been logging my food (as best I can, though there have been a LOT of estimates since I haven't been weighing my portions) but I've had no time to get on the forums and say hello and catch up - and I've felt badly about it

I don't think I can participate in the thread this week - I am HOPING next week settles down (much will be off the plate starting August 2nd, the first of many deadlines) and I can re-join you all with the focus that this deserves!

But I just wanted to take this moment and give BIG HUGS to any and all struggling, and high-fives to those who are rockin' it this week. I'm looking forward to getting a good chunk of time to catch up and see how everyone is doing.

Much love,
~Terri
Old 07-28-2011, 02:56 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie. Hope you are feeling much better today, relax and enjoy as best you can.

Mern - wonderful news about your granddaughter. Do we ever stop worrying about our children / next generation of close family? Sounds like you had an instinct about this situation so it's great that you can sleep easy now.

I have just heard on the radio that they did a survey of which tourist destination causes the most weight increase over your vacation and oh no the US came out top ( and you know where I am heading soon). All inclusive Caribbean holidays were next, followed by France, Italy and Greece. Guess I have to prove them wrong by not gaining too much, they say the average is 8lbs over two weeks hols.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:26 AM
Super Moderator

Default That damn scale!

170.8 no freaking way. I'm going to make sure I have fesh batteries come Monday. If anyone wants to rent my magic scale, let me know.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:38 AM
FitDay Member

I would definitely take a turn on your scale Mike!

All joking aside I hope the readings are true for you though!
Old 07-28-2011, 04:24 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
I would definitely take a turn on your scale Mike!

All joking aside I hope the readings are true for you though!
I doubt it is true but we'll see come Monday. I may have to make my cheat day Saturday instead of Sunday, b/c of my Monday weigh in.

Heck If i can just hold out until Saturday that will be a big step in the right direction.

Oh and Mern, I'll glad that you're watching me like a hawk! I promise that I'll keep my log accurate. I'll even try my best on my cheat day.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:47 AM
FitDay Member

Just wanted to pass on a really great website for recipes. (If I'm not supposed to do this, Mike can delete it.) I've been using it a lot because it not only has the nutritional info included, (lower right... scroll down), but there are slider bars on the lower left that you can adjust to fit your dietary needs. (How cool is that???) I just came across it... maybe others are already familiar with it.

Recipe Search | Yummly
Old 07-28-2011, 06:28 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks quinn, looks good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.