Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7/25 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7/25

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7/25

Old 07-29-2011, 05:31 AM
FitDay Member

Oh no they have just announced on TV that in the store that I have to visit tomorrow morning, Ben & Jerry's is half price - disaster!!!!!!!
Old 07-29-2011, 05:52 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn - thanks for the recipe site. I saw a recipe for low calorie banana bread on there - may have to try it out with the bananas that are currently going bad in my pantry...

Today was the first day that I put on a shirt and thought that it's possible that maybe I see just a little tiny bit difference in the fit. I could be making it up, but there you have it

Off to weed the garden - I hate weeding. I have whatever is the opposite of a green thumb. One reason I'm happy to sell the house and get back into an apartment - no lawn to mow and no garden to worry about! Blech! Also, no water bill reflecting how much I had to water my lawn in the last month. Anyway...
Old 07-29-2011, 06:07 AM
Super Moderator

Mern, I counted it as a cheat at 3am. There's no 2 ways about it. Sat and sunday have to be clean now.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 07-29-2011 at 07:47 AM.
Old 07-29-2011, 06:54 AM
Super Moderator

Congrats on the treadmill, Lizzie! As for tomorrow, you can either be strong, or you can plan ahead. You have some time to think about it .

Joanna, sorry 'bout the weeds. Not my favorite chore, either. I'm glad the shirt seems to fit differently for you; I think it's probably real and I'm happy to hear your hard work's paying off.

Okay, so burrowing further back in the pantry I found the fake mashed potatoes, quinoa, organic whole wheat pasta, Wasa crispbread, and pretzel/cracker combo thingies.

And my mom's making the cake right now *headdesk*.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:13 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Congrats on the treadmill, Lizzie! As for tomorrow, you can either be strong, or you can plan ahead. You have some time to think about it .

Joanna, sorry 'bout the weeds. Not my favorite chore, either. I'm glad the shirt seems to fit differently for you; I think it's probably real and I'm happy to hear your hard work's paying off.

Okay, so burrowing further back in the pantry I found the fake mashed potatoes, quinoa, organic whole wheat pasta, Wasa crispbread, and pretzel/cracker combo thingies.

And my mom's making the cake right now *headdesk*.
Cassie,

I think I can top you... lol. I just got back from my mom's house and her pantry and fridge are really bad. I was thinking of you and so I did a little inventory of my own. In fairness, she has little appetite, so the doctor told her to eat whatever sounded good. So, here's a partial inventory:

Cheetos, 2 bags potato chips (sour cream and onion and cheddar), Twinkies, aerosol cheese whiz, Snack Pack Pudding, canned beef stew, canned creamed chicken... (gross), canned corned beef hash, cheese of every color and kind, a box of Whitman's chocolates, and let's not forget the freezer... corn dogs, ice cream, Banquet dinners (a ton of those), pot pies, mini cupcakes, frozen pancakes... well, you get the idea.

I cook for her often, but she prefers her food because "it's more to her taste". Can you see why I don't like to have lunch there???
Old 07-29-2011, 07:41 AM
Super Moderator

There's a thought...have to check the freezers. There's more than one. I know there are two kinds of ice cream and a box of ice cream sandwiches in the one in the kitchen; I'm afraid to go look downstairs.

And the child is not helping matters. All of the crap that's here, and he says to me, "Nanny doesn't have donuts this time." If he says it within earshot, I swear she will be in her car on the way to the store.

Despite this, I've had a good day food-wise. Also went for a run this morning. Just trying to do what I gotta do to hang on!

I hope your mom's doing okay these days, Quinn.
Old 07-29-2011, 10:09 AM
FitDay Member

I was so tickled tonight to find that my turkey sausage contains no sodium nitrate or sodium nitrite. I didn't see any preservatives listed on the package.

OMG, Cassie, I hope Mike's not looking for a dominatrix! LOL The strawberry pie sounds like a great idea, especially since there will be others there to help eat it. Headdesk? Does that mean you'll be so tired after the blood sugar plummet that your head will be on the desk as you fall asleep? Congrats on your good food day and on the run!

Cassie and Quinn, sounds like BOTH your moms are junk food junkies!

Quinn, I made the Italian Bake from that website tonight. Modified the low carb recipe to also be lower sodium by using less salt and less cheese and it was delicious. DH loved it and said it's a keeper. I'm going to look over more recipes later tonight. Thanks!

Mike, OK, I'll put the whip back. LOL

Lizzie, oh, no! 1/2 price at Ben and Jerry's! Stay away--stay FAR, FAR away. LOL I really was trying to urge you to commit to 5 minutes of exercise. Great that you stretched it into 30. Oh, yeah, that walk tomorrow will be plenty of exercise. Way to go! I'm not good at cooking and baking all the time. I do my share of convenience foods, but try to cook from fresh as often as possible. I "assemble" a lot--like tonight I made a dish with sausage, frozen spinach, egg, tomato, and cheese. The only thing fresh was the sausage and tomato. It's easier here during the summer and fall when we have great prices on fresh fruits and veggies or are lucky enough to get them from our own gardens or that of friends or relatives. I know you didn't say it, but I so often hear people say they can't afford to eat healthful foods--that convenience foods and fast food are cheaper. I find it's LESS costly to eat healthful foods.

Joanna, I'll bet the difference you see in that shirt is real. Funny that people haven't noticed I've lost 31.5 lbs. since before Thanksgiving--no one has said anything, but maybe it's because I lose so slowly that they don't notice. But I can see it in my face a lot. I always say I have a black thumb--can't grow anything.

Last edited by Mern; 07-29-2011 at 10:15 AM.
Old 07-29-2011, 10:34 AM
Super Moderator

I think head desk is like face palm? You can smack your head on your desk in frustration or do the same with your face and palm??
Old 07-29-2011, 10:39 AM
FitDay Member

Thursday

1. Calorie deficit of 6000: 597, 788, 523, +11, (1807)
2. Drink 3L of water: Yes, Yes, Yes, No
3. Stay away from cheese: Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
4. Stay away from cookies: Yes, Had one oreo. , Yes,Yes
5. Finish the lesson by Wednesday. Oh, did not happen. done on Thursday.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:12 AM
FitDay Member

Oh, I fell victim to chips and gummy bears yesterday, I am determined to have a great deficit today though. Should be able to report that later.

Mern, again thank you for your kind words. In spite of yesterday, I have a good feeling about next weeks weigh in. Congrats on your nitrate/ite free sausage and that one pound loss! Thats a very nice picture of you with a whip, btw When will you GD move in?

Terri, you have been missed! I hope you get some time to catch up! A big hug to you.

Lizzie! Holy, 8 lbs!?! But you will prove them wrong when you travel. My best wishes for the half price B & J! Get one and share it!

Mike, I wouldn't mind you sending me that scale my way. But seriously I hope the number maintains when you weigh again on Monday, maybe the original one was the wrong number? How is the rest of your day going?

Quinn, what a lovely FIL? A 9 lb cantaloupe? Wow! I am sure there is a way to make healthy zucchini bread. Congrats on your loss!

Joanna, trust your doctors scale, congratulations! And with your loss, surely your shirt looks different! For the record I once killed a cactus.... but now my basil grows really nicely.

Cassie, looks like you are doing well at your moms, that is seriously a lot of food, of very diverse kinds. Hope your strawberry cake has great reviews.

Muna, you are doing great! Good that your back is doing better.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.