Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7/18 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7/18

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7/18

Old 07-18-2011, 08:58 PM
FitDay Member

Hi All,

I am not going to post goals this week this week because I am going away for a couple of days.

Ahhhh, what the heck
1) don't go crazy with the food
2) try to walk

I'm gonna be with friends who love to eat. I'll let you know at the end of the week how it goes.

I just wanted to comment on a few posts and to send my regards to all.

Mike, besides the emotional component of what you are going through and the issues with the back, I want to also suggest that there is a glycemic or carbohydrate thing going on too. I have actually experienced a bunch of the reactions you have, including the mouth watering, the food obsession, etc. It can come from eating a lot of carbs. The more you eat, the more you want. Your body and therefore your mind starts to crave it. So the blizzards and even the jambalya, as well as all the stuff you've been going through combine to make it seem insurmountable. Plus you have spent your time being so disciplined to get where you are, it feels good to relax, to finally give yourself "a break." But in the end, you wind up feeling crappy, even if you're loving it while you're eating. My suggestion is simple: try to cut back on heavy sugars and lots of carbs. If you are too restrictive, though, it may backfire. So some fruit, even a slice or two of sugar free bread is OK but potatoes, rice, and certainly sugar, back away. See how you feel. I used to think of food CONSTANTLY but when I get the carbs under control, the obsessive and self destructive behavior goes away. Too much popcorn and sour candy and certainly chocolate at the movies (that's my thing) or elsewhere and it comes back. My two cents. Good luck! I won't even say you can do it because you have done it. We all hit bumps in the road. You know the difference in how you feel.

Rose, congrats, congrats, congrats!!!! How exciting!!!! You must keeep us updated!!!

Terri, you guys are cutie patooties. Your trip sounds like so much fun!!!

I am off in a few hours hours for a few days. I read DD's journal (Yes, yes I know) which she keeps leaving out and found that she read mine (funny, huh?). She thinks I hate her BF, disapprove of everything she does and can't wait to get away from her. I guess she didn't read the part that says I'm just tired of worrying about her and need a break. At least she said it was well written (how vain am I? Don't answer that!!!!)

In a few hours: the shore. Now: sleep.

Love to one and all,

Last edited by canary52; 07-18-2011 at 09:05 PM.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:54 PM
FitDay Member

Happy "29th" birthday, Quinn! Wishing you a great year ahead!
Old 07-19-2011, 12:13 AM
FitDay Member

Log everything, even if I have to guess YES
Calorie limit 1600 1564
Calorie deficit 900 per day938
Carbs less fiber limit 25g 27.3
Sat fat limit 12% of total calories 10%
Dietary cholesterol limit 300mg 204
Track grams of protein 108 or 30%

Fish oil and vitamin D YES
Five servings veggies/fruits FOUR

Artificial sweetener limit 2 packets per day YES
Sugar free candy limit 2 pieces per day YES

Water 64 oz. YES
Exercise 5 days YES
Old 07-19-2011, 12:33 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie, wishing you a much better day today with way less stress. I'll certainly keep you and your family in my prayers. Enjoy your new haircut. Cassie, of course you know yourself better than we do, but is it possible that your dissatisfaction with your bikini bod is just due to life getting in the way? For instance, it seems like you are so often a victim of having to eat in restaurants--that's hard unless you have the opportunity to go online and check your food log and find the nutrition facts of the menu selections before you order. Maybe you're being too hard on yourself and the reason you can't get a handle on your problem is because it's just accidental? Mike, on the other hand is just nuts. Just kidding, Mike. LOL

MAIN80 best wishes this week.

Hope, happy shore days! Try to think only about having fun those couple days.

Mike, that was some great input yesterday by the others about your overindulgences that seem to be overwhelming you. Geez, lot of good analytical brains around here! Since it started around the time of your PITA as Quinn wondered, it very well COULD be related to that and more easy to get a handle on and correct. Might very well be physically rooted in the relationship between your treatment, stress, and carb/calorie cravings. I'm sure now my suggestion of counseling or Overeaters Anonymous was way premature. Lots of things suggested for you to try on your own. So whatcha gonna try to see if you can work your way out of this bump in the road?

Joanna, you're off to a great start this week. Congrats on winning the fellowship! Wonderful! "Get a job" with that PhD to come. You are equally encouraging and inspiring. Glad to hear you plan to stick around with us.

Last edited by Mern; 07-19-2011 at 01:04 AM.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:40 AM
Super Moderator

HAPPY
BIRTHDAY,
QUINN!!!!!!

Enjoy your day
Old 07-19-2011, 12:44 AM
FitDay Member

Joanna....will you be attending PSU in State College PA? I am not sure which location they study your programs. Main campus is in State College though. I just wondered, because that is only about 1hr & 15 min from where I live. If you ever need advice on finding something to do or where to go feel free to hit me up. You should be very proud of all that you have accomplished!
Old 07-19-2011, 12:53 AM
Super Moderator

Here I am hoping to make it a better day today! The out-of-my-usual-plan food from yesterday is not sitting well in my stomach, so I will probably eat light today, which will be a good thing. Despite the discomfort, I'm going to get my butt to cardio this morning to get back on track. Thanks for the support, guys; I'm just really frustrated right now. I know exactly what to do; I just can't make myself do it. But, giving up is not allowed.

Mike, I had the opposite thought from Hope. Sometimes I think that the low carb diet causes a rebound. Unless there is diabetes or another condition, the body needs good carbs. I have the opposite experience from Hope; if my carbs are too low, I rebound into a carb binge. Just a thought; was it around the time you started low-carbing that your episodes happened? I hope you have a better day too...we seem to be in the same wavelength and it sucks!

Rose, congrats on your opportunity to spend three months abroad. I know you'll make the most of it and I'm glad you'll still be connected with us.

MAIN80, I really love your "scatteredness" goal! You'll do well this week; I know it!

Hope, have a wonderful time at the shore; total relaxation for you, I hope

Ashlie, welcome back! Hope the week is going well for you so far.

Mern, as always, glad you are here with your sage advice and voice of experience. You had a good goal day yesterday, Ellipti-Woman .

Terri, it's awesome to see you looking so happy and relaxed! I'm glad it was a great trip for you and hope that re-entry into reality does not suck!

Joanna, I know where you're coming from "thinking about packing." Hey, a goal's a goal, right! Good luck with your new endeavor. It takes time and effort but it is worth it.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Last edited by cjohnson728; 07-19-2011 at 12:56 AM.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:54 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning all! I'm so excited, yesterday was a successful day for me, stayed on track and got some stuff done too! My DD took lil kids to softball practice with her ? so i went home and completely cleaned out my closet! Now everything in there is in style and fits. Its a great feeling. I also started on BF's truck, its a mess. I was scrubbing and sweating like crazy, had to have burned up a few calories. Candy melted in there, drinks spilled, yuk. Gonna finish it today in time for his return to town tomorrow nite!

Fitness goals:
>1400 calories per day yes
minimum 3 bottles of water yes
cut down on carbs yes
outside activity each day yes
1 soda per day no, had 2
eat from freezer yes

Non-fitness goals
Clean/shampoo BF truck started
clean out half of closet all of it done!
trust more/question less[/QUOTE] kinda!

Mike, I know how you feel on the obsession with food, I have the same cravings and feelings sometimes. I get something I want in my head and feel like I have to have it. Its a very out of control feeling. Once I start binging I cant stop. The only solution I have found is to plan my meals as much as I can, and log my food in the morning, so I feel like I have to stick to it. Good luck to you....hang in there.

Cassie, I know you are looking forward to your vacation. It will give you a whole new outlook on life when you return! Good luck, I bet you already look great in your swimsuit!

Hope, I have a friend who has a plaque on her wall, it says "raising teenagers is like nailing jello to a tree." I've been seeing it up there for years but didn't totally understand exactly what it meant until the past year or so!! Just know you are not alone, and you are doing the right thing. I snoop, stalk, check up on, question my teen daughter too, we have to!! Kudos on being such a great mom! Its exhausing sometimes!!!

I hope everyone has a great week!
Old 07-19-2011, 12:59 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by aspikes
"raising teenagers is like nailing jello to a tree."
ROFL hysterically! This is a priceless quote! And mine's been pretty easy so far!

I'm glad you had a great day, Ashlie! We had a huge softball tournament right down the road from us not too long ago and I thought of you. What's up with your daughter volunteering to take the younger ones? Don't look a gift horse in the mouth, I guess!
Old 07-19-2011, 01:13 AM
FitDay Member

happy birthday, quinn!!!!! May it be the best ever!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.