Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7/18 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7/18

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7/18

Old 07-20-2011, 08:32 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
lol, Terri was in Australia a couple weeks ago!

I agree, there does need to be an adult version.

Well, a grownup version, at any rate.
In my family we had 2 or 3 copies of Judith Viorst (sp?) classic book that would be handed around to friends or family members who were having a terrible, horrible.... Each time you got handed the book the silent command was to go sit in a corner with your pout and read the book. No one ever got up from the corner still pouting
Old 07-20-2011, 10:15 AM
FitDay Member

It'll take me a while to catch up with all that goes on here lol.
Meanwhile
1. Stay under 1200 each day yes yes yes
2. Keep my weekend eating under control
3. One glass of wine only when I go out this weekend.
4. Walk at least 30 mins at least 4 times per week failing miserably

More generally
1. Book my hotel in Vegas to complete my holiday plans no
2. Start to sort my pension plans sort of
3 Make a will no
Old 07-20-2011, 11:02 AM
FitDay Member

Eating from the freezer is going well. By next week I should be able to find my salmon fillets and shrimp I know are in there. I had to buy an ice cream cone tonight. My mind told me it was okay because it was in a freezer - just not mine. I'm happy with a single scoop so the calories aren't too bad. So far so good this week although I ran out of cooler water, not a good thing in 33 degree weather. (90 degrees plus humididty. ) That's why I had to go to the store and rescue the ice cream. Mary
Old 07-20-2011, 11:31 AM
FitDay Member

OMG, I'm on the run again. Just sat down and DH needs the computer so told him to give me a second to quickly skim.

All I have time for at this moment is to send huge hugs to Mike and Cassie. Sending good vibes and best wishes to both of you.

Mike, it is amazing sometimes what can be recovered from whacked up computers.

Cassie, I had shoulder impingement syndrome--tendonitis and bursitis in my upper arm just below the shoulder a couple years ago. I cried with the pain but couldn't get an appointment any sooner than 3 days. By the time I got in to see the doc I was able to go with OTC pain meds and didn't require the cortisone shot the doc offered. The physical therapy worked wonders to lengthen the tendons to get them off the bone spurs on which they were rubbing. Don't remember what the doc said about the cause of the inflamed bursa, but the physical therapy exercises worked--all I needed to know, I guess. I'm happy to do stretching exercises three times a week for life to help prevent a recurrence. Easy alternative to filing down my bone spurs.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:02 PM
Super Moderator

Mern, I hope they can get it for me.

Today actually started off good b/c I was able to beat Cassie to the punch! I banned a spammer before she got to report it. I just knew it was going to be a great day
Old 07-20-2011, 12:24 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Today actually started off good b/c I was able to beat Cassie to the punch! I banned a spammer before she got to report it. I just knew it was going to be a great day
Excuse me, is my obsessiveness showing?

Mern, thanks again for your words of wisdom. It always helps to hear something from someone who's gone through it. The word surgery was not mentioned. I'm not sure if it's causal, but I do have a very small bone (forgot the name) on the top of the shoulder. I go to the dentist, I get told I have a small mouth (yah right), I go to the chiropractor, she says I have small hands. Now I have a small shoulder bone per the ortho. If my OB/GYN makes any comments, someone's going to lose a limb!

I did do tennis tonight but it's sort of achy. I think it's time for ice.

Mary, you're doing really well...for me, eating from the freezer is standing in front of it with a spoon and a carton of frozen yogurt.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:12 PM
FitDay Member

This should be the last day of our 4 day heat wave, today being the worst. Did my 3 miles last night in a light rain with an umbrella and you know what? It was really fun... and I got to cool off a little! Don't know why I've never done that before. I really enjoyed it! I'm kind of looking forward to the next rain!

This Week's Goals:

*Keep calories under 1200 995 (can't eat when it's hot), planned cheat day, 1168
*Keep BMI under 20. Y, Y, Y
*Walk daily, no excuses. 3 miles, 3 miles, 3 miles
*Eat, at a minimum, 4 fruits and veggies a day. N, N, Y
*Limit bread to 2 servings of 45 calorie variety. None, Y, Y
*Take multi-vitamin, flaxseed oil and vitamin e daily. Y, Y, Y
*Drink, drink, drink! Y, Y, Y
*Be more patient during heat wave... remember: EVERYONE'S HOT!!! Yes, much improved. Y, Y
Old 07-20-2011, 01:22 PM
FitDay Member

Mike, sometimes righting someone's wrong (i.e. reporting the spammer) brings great satisfaction and at least a temporary state of feeling good. Oh, and good going on the insurance good deeds! What was that they said about Superman: truth, justice, and the American way?

Cassie, I'm not so wise--just yacky and love to put in my 2 cents worth. I don't know anything about small shoulder bones, either. Just hope you get the inflamed tendons and bursa under control pronto. LOL on the small things--my dentist and hygenist tell me I have a small mouth, too, and my DH has said he disagrees. I wonder why. LOL On the OB/GYN comment, one could also fake that his/her making such a comment while down there would cause that knee jerk reflex that would net gyno a swift kick in the teeth. I like both the limb and the teeth idea. Oh, I hope your shoulder does OK after the tennis and ice. Big gentle hug to ya!

Quinn, glad you enjoyed your cooler walk in the rain. We're in for another week of the heat wave in Ohio! Yuck!
Old 07-20-2011, 01:41 PM
Super Moderator

Cassie, not at all. I was just glad that I beat you to it. It make me feel like I was on my A-game

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 07-20-2011 at 01:56 PM.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:57 PM
FitDay Member

Hope you don't mind some one starting in the middle of the week.
My name is Jeanette. I'm 60 years old.
Weigh in is tomorrow at doctor's office.

Goals
1. drink more water
2. stay within 1500 calories
3. go to gym
4. Take vitamins and supplements

Long term goal is to get hdl up to 60

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.