Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7/18

Old 07-24-2011, 09:24 AM
FitDay Member

Sounds like we all might be gald to see Monday. Myself I will be glad when Monday is over. I'm cooking comnfort food -- although I did pick low fat sausage so I won't do too bad.

Last Wed I made the mistake of taking on court appointment in a matter everyone else was refusing for Monday. I don't normally take these on and knew this one would be a pain. There were several reasons I made an exception -- a big one is the person has been stuck in custody way too long and his trial would have been adjourned if I didn't. He should be out win or lose.

Tommorrow will be a pain because there are a bunch of people with other agendas who will be disrupting the court. I'm taking my lunch with me -- left over comfort food! These people will be picketing outside the court and I only want to go past them twice even though I am on the side of the person they are supposedly supporting.

My rant for the weekend. I'm waiting for the waves to die down so I can jump on the seadoo and burn off some stress. I'll be out there tomorrow night for sure!! Mary
Old 07-24-2011, 09:29 AM
FitDay Member

Mike we are all going to be watching for your positive posts starting tomorrow. I know I will hit one of those periods when it's so hard to get back on track. I want you to show me how it's done. Good luck with the hard drive. Mary
Old 07-24-2011, 09:53 AM
Super Moderator

Quinn, that's awesome! How big was the bass? Any pics with it???

Mary, I'm so ready to get back to it, I say this while eating a blast BTW
Old 07-24-2011, 09:56 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, yes, I AM having a good day. Leave it to you and so many buddies in this group to help with that. That's your last Blast for a while. Right? Or are you giving yourself until midnight to indulge?

Quinn, congrats on winning the bass contest! Tell us what you had to do to win. Biggest or most bass caught or what? I'm glad you had such a good time at the party! I believe it would be a rather outrageous expectation to stay on track at such a party and reunion. So we'll congratulate you on your healthful choice of raspberries and lemons. LOL My husband's parents were from the mountains of Kentucky; both lived on the border of neighboring counties and went to the same one room schoolhouse. Just about everyone who lived there when his parents were young was descended from one of the three oldest families who first settled there in the early to mid 1800s. Marriages to second cousins were quite frequent in his parents generation. His grandmothers were blood third cousins of the same surname but his parents didn't consider that "kin." LOL

Mary, congrats on the low fat sausage and on control of the comfort food. Best wishes with your court case. I completely understand your wanting to avoid the picketers, even though you're on their side. You just don't know what they're all thinking. Hope you have fun on the seadoo! Is that like a jet ski?

Last edited by Mern; 07-24-2011 at 10:00 AM.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:12 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Mern It's the same -just a different brand. I'll dress my best for tomorrow cause these guys videotape everything! LOL Mary
Old 07-24-2011, 11:17 AM
FitDay Member

Wow, Mary! Kudos to you for venturing out on the Seadoo, then! Let us know if your pic winds up on the TV news or in the newspaper. LOL
Old 07-24-2011, 02:54 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Quinn, that's awesome! How big was the bass? Any pics with it???
The men are soooooo mad at me! I know very little about fishing, but I keep pulling out these nice Bass, somewhat effortlessly. For the past two years, I've done it in about 6 minutes, in a peddle boat, in heels, with a Smirnoff Ice in one hand and a fishing pole in the other. lol The rules are that there are two trophies; one for largest fish and one for most fish caught in a 15 minute period. Mine was a small mouth, somewhere around 14-15". Not huge, but big enough to beat the small pan fish that everyone else was catching off of the shoreline. There are lots of "beverages" served prior, so it gets pretty funny.

There are pics, but my SIL has them. The trophy will be proudly displayed at my husband's office with our 2010 trophy. lol

Mern,

My husband always jokes that he had to drive 25 miles to the nearest town to find a date because he was related to everyone at his high school. lol

I absolutely love the mountains in Tennessee and Kentucky. I have a favorite cabin that we rent in the Smokey Mountains. I'd love to go back again soon if things settle down around here. We had planned a trip to Costa Rica next month, but canceled because of my mom.

Hope your anniversary was wonderful!
Old 07-24-2011, 03:01 PM
Super Moderator

Hi everyone...I really appreciate you all keeping the thread hopping this weekend; it's been motivating me to stay on track. It's been a hot and busy weekend here but even to jump in and read a few posts while logging in the food has been really helpful .

Mern, what a fantastic revelation that you feel in control. That's power, lady! Compare that to where you were a year ago. You are doing so well. You are right, exercise is a great stress reliever...have you ever thought about boxing? Yes, the tourney is over, the boy won three, lost one, taking third place. Things went smoothly and it kept me out of the kitchen baking stuff, so that was a positive . I will get back to you about some of the things that struck me from the seminar; hold tight.

Quinn, congrats on being Top Bad-(B)ass another year! I am sure you had a great time. IMHO, calories consumed in fun that are enjoyed are infinitely more worth it than senseless calories, and if you can shrug it off and feel like it's worth it, then it was. I was thinking earlier today that I completely plan to splurge off my plan at the beach...it's the only place I ever get those foods and I'm definitely going to eat and enjoy it with no bad feelings, whereas those stupid chain-snacking, bingeing calories kill me emotionally. I know that you'll be right back on and can very quickly undo any damage, if there was any. I think I need to introduce my niece and sister to the concept of Jello shots mighty soon .

Mary, I hope things go well for you tomorrow in court. It's not a mistake if you feel like you're doing what you need to, and it sounds like you are. I have a bit of work stress from court tomorrow and Tuesday as well, but I can't complain because it's the first referrals I've had in July. Getting on a Seadoo sounds like a wonderful way to burn off stress. It's a shame it's not a real calorie torcher, but I'm sure sailing is.

Mike, can't wait till you are back at it! I'm desparate to save my laptop so I can take it with me on vacation and keep up with you. I know you can do this. Don't make me pull out the mom look and the wonky eyeball!

Chibisub, I've done that at restaurants, too. It's a sinking feeling but nothing you can't get back. You can do it. I'm afraid weight always bounces around, but the overall direction will be down, have faith. Fingers crossed for you and the job!

Rubystars, are you feeling better today after catching up on some sleep? Hope so!

Bojibridge, how are the moving plans coming?

Lizzie, hope you're doing okay today. Looking at your signature, it looks like you're on track to get your next goal; congrats on your progress!

Hope, now you made me hungry for pancakes . Thanks tons!! Tomorrow is another day; you can do whatever you want with it. Hope to see you!
Old 07-24-2011, 03:26 PM
Super Moderator

Wrappin' up the week:

1. Stay under 1300 calories. Nope, but 2 unplanned restaurant meals; I'm definitely over. WAY over, 1288, 1268, 1298, 524, 1201, 1265
2. Drink 64 oz. water daily. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
3. 25 grams fiber daily. Yes, 31, 29, 29, 11 25, 29
4. Exercise 7 times this week (3 runs). Stationary bike, Cardio Tennis AM & treadmill run PM, Cardio Tennis, Treadmill run, Weights, Jog in neighborhood with the hubby, Weights
5. 5 fruits and veggies daily. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Nope,Yes, Yes

6. Get hair cut off! ZOMG it's all gone Having our fam pics done on vacation next week and will post pics soon
7. Get basement closet cleaned out. Yes
8. Get second opinion from orthodontist. Yes, and it was MUCH better news. I knew something wasn't right!
Old 07-24-2011, 03:38 PM
FitDay Member

Saturday Sunday Report

1. Calorie deficit of 6000 853, 755, 474, 447, 794, 682, 405 (4410)
2. Drink 3 L of water Yes, Yes, No, Yes, No, No, NO
3. Stay away from the cheese Yes, oh Yes, Yes, Yes, Cheese Free! Controlled Cheese, Had some cheese.
4. Work on scatteredness A bit, some more yes, scattered day, scattered day, a lot better, it was good for the weekend

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.