FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   Help!! Pronto! Urgent! Ah! (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/4755-help-pronto-urgent-ah.html)

azazelsfyre 07-17-2011 02:38 PM

Help!! Pronto! Urgent! Ah!

Ok, girls, so mega problem! Peeling skin (that day at the beach really did a number on me, I rarely peel! And never like this!) and some discoloration, PLUS a cold sore -_- I have two days to get myself fixed up - and yes, I'm seeing my bf in less than 24 hrs, but I've given up on being fixed for that - but please any tips are soooo welcome! (I'm supposed to be making my first "real" appearance with his friends, after 2 years, it's about time!)

01gt4.6 07-17-2011 02:45 PM

Not a girl... but soak on a warm tub and exfoliate. Follow up with a good lotion... not one of the scented ones.

azazelsfyre 07-17-2011 02:47 PM

I've been slathering on the Lubriderm. I just hope my concealer and foundation are ready for this. AND I got a sty so whooopdeedo. But I think that's gone so I can at least wear my contacts

Rubystars 07-17-2011 06:04 PM

I've never allowed myself to get burned that badly but I have heard it's best to let the skin peel itself rather than trying to help it along.

azazelsfyre 07-17-2011 10:19 PM

It really wasn't a bad burn, no pain or anything. So I was a little surprise. And, needless to say, home cold sore remedies did not work. My lip is swollen up like a small acorn. :\

cjohnson728 07-17-2011 11:39 PM

If you can get to a doctor or even one of those drugstore clinics, you can get a prescription for Zovirax (they have pills and a cream); that clears it up pretty quickly. My son is prone to them so we always have some on hand and it really does work. Good luck!

almeeker 07-17-2011 11:47 PM

Aloe, aloe, aloe vera, lots of it, on the hour. In this heat it's going to be gross and sticky, but it works wonders. You can either use the plant or a bottle of the green goo, I swear by the Vaseline brand. I'm going to second the Zovirax. I don't get cold sores, but my mom does. That stuffs works in like 1-2 days. If you can't get a prescription there is one you can buy over the counter, but at the moment I can't remember the name, you'll know it by the price tag cha-ching.

azazelsfyre 07-18-2011 12:42 AM

I know it's lame, but I called outta work because of how bad it hurt and how big my lip was. My roommate gave me some tylenol, but I think this is a reaction to sun and stress. Maybe I should take it easy for the day.

cjohnson728 07-18-2011 12:46 AM

Cold sores are really painful. The over the counter stuff is, I think, called Abreva. It is quite pricey and I didn't think it worked that well, but it was about 7 years ago that we tried it. Stress definitely exacerbates these...take it easy!

azazelsfyre 07-18-2011 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by binatangmerah (Post 51208)
I can't remember the brand now, but I had success with a very expensive cold sore medication that was about $20 for a single application. I then discovered that the active ingredient (Benzalkonium CL 0.13%) was the same as that in Bactine, which is an antiseptic that costs about $7 for a big bottle. Since then, I've been using Bactine. If I start treating the cold sore as soon as it begins to form, it will disappear without a trace in 2 days. If I don't catch it that early, the sore will still develop, but stays small and is gone in about a week. Ice also helps in the earliest stages. Good luck!

I;ve been slathering it in abreva, and it's drying up, which is good. I feel like the homemade remedies would have worked if i didn't have so many/ it werent so damn big. There's a reason why I cover my lips in sunscreen when I go out, idk why I didnt do it this time.