Notices

7 Day Motivational Summertime Fun Thread starting 07/04/2011

Old 07-05-2011, 01:52 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks for all the welcomes. And Mike I haveabsolutely no problem eith a guy on th thread. We're all facing similar struggles anyway.

Well since it's nealy the end of the day I'll post how I did.

Goals:
Eat 1500 calories per day - Check!
Try to be more prepared in knowing the calories if I eat out so there aren't any surprises. :P - Did pretty good with that today.
Exercise at least 3 hours this week - Got in about an hour today
Try to get out for lunchtime walks 2 - 3 days this week - 1 walk down, 2 to go!

Other goals:
Do more house cleaning - Didn't get to that, too HOT in my house!
Put away the laundry on time this week - laundry Wednesday...we'll see
spend at least 2 hours writing Nope
do some work on my website Not yet, probably Thursday

Looks like I did better on my food goals today than my other goals, but I did get home from work at 7PM, cooked dinner, and walked my mother in law's dog.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:58 PM
FitDay Member

Poetstorm! Fantastic job on your food and fitness goals today! You did a lot after work! So congrats on that, too, even if it wasn't exactly what you had planned.

Goodnight, everyone!
Old 07-05-2011, 03:15 PM
FitDay Member

Tuesday check-in...

My goals for this week:

1. Eat between 1300-1500 calories per day... so far 1044 calories
2. Drink 10-12 glasses of water per day... 10 glasses
3. Go on walks 3 to 4 times this week... 5,265 steps, 2.49 miles, 142.1 calories
4. Take my multivitamins Not yes, but will
5. Increase my fiber intake... Yes
6. Take measurements... No
7. Weight myself daily and write it down... Yes

Other goals:

1. Clean the extra bedroom out... No
2. Take my bed out of storage and place it in extra bedroom... No
3. Empty out boxes for the bedroom... No
4. Apply for a new job... No, but got interviews
5. Keep boyfriend on track with his diet... Yes

Mern, my mom is only half an inch taller than me and my sister who is 5 years younger than me is like 4'9, lol.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:21 PM
Super Moderator

Wow, everyone's had a great day! I have so much in common with you all...that vicious cycle of slipping up, feeling like hiding, trying to regroup...it stinks! Quinn, you described my process exactly...get to goal, figure I have some room to play, then all bets are off! And it is so weird...I feel sooo much better in control than not, so why do I keep letting go of what works?

I had a really, really, really negative situation to cope with this evening but I am proud to say I did not stress eat! For the first time in about two weeks .

Hope, I know you will handle the situation with your daughter the best way you can. I shudder to think what her father would do! I'm glad you had better news on your fur kids, even if it couldn't be a clean bill of health.

Mern, hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow! You definitely deserve some spoiling .

Rose and poetstorm, you are doing fantastic on goals this week; keep it up!

Avelina, nice to see you back.

Checking in:

1. Keep calories below 1300. 959
2. Exercise 6 times. Weights
3. Log everything. Yes
4. Post daily. Yes
5. Drink 64 oz. water. Yes
6. Try 2 new healthy recipes.

7. Send invoices out. Done
8. Deal with the dreaded insurance situation.
9. Continue working on pics for scrapbooking.
10. Get oral surgery scheduled. All they will schedule now is a f/u visit - Done
Old 07-05-2011, 04:48 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Wow, everyone's had a great day! I have so much in common with you all...that vicious cycle of slipping up, feeling like hiding, trying to regroup...it stinks!
Not quite everyone. I went into a sugar binge today. One of my weaknesses... besides a blast are the big, thick sugar cookies that come in the plastic packages at the grocery store. You know the ones.... they are all standing up in their single file lines and it looks as if the icing was place right up top with perfection. Once you grab them between your fingers you can feel just how soft they are. Undercooked to perfection! So soft you'd swear they just came out the over. Then you taste it and you can just melt. The sweet, sugary delight just takes over your senses. Just when you thing you can hold back and take control, the icing hits your tongue and it's all over from there. Yeah I ate like 6 and I think they are 180 calories each!
Old 07-05-2011, 11:18 PM
FitDay Member

Wowgirl, isn't it nice when someone else notices that you are doing well? I'm happy to hear that your sister commented on your happiness. And we are all a bit crazy at times. At least I am so I like to believe it's not just me!

Avelina, of course I remember you and now that you mention it I remember that trampoline injury too. Yikes. I was never injured but I did stop running this past Winter. I tried to keep it up at the gym but I just can't get excited about the treadmill and although I noticed some hardcore runners out there in our Canadian Winter, I was not prepared to run through snow and ice, considering I fell just walking down the street, at least 3 times by Christmas. I got back into it, this Spring and I love it all over again!

Mern, thanks for the encouragement. You are such a great cheerleader and I hope your special day got off to a fabulous start! HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! xoxoxo

Cassie, thanks for the support! I also find it so weird that considering I feel so good when I am in control, why do I ever give in to temptation and fall off the wagon? This is what I am trying to figure out. I want so badly to start writing morning pages again. I did that when I had just turned 30 and I figured out so much stuff, it was amazing! I had followed a book called "The Artist's Way" by Julia Cameron and it did more to change my life than anything else I ever tried to do. It is an amazing book. I don't think I would have the career that I have today without it. Anyway the morning pages are a great tool to tap into your own inner wisdom. Basically you write 3 pages of longhand, just jotting down whatever comes to mind. It's a sort of brain drain, first thing in the morning. I remember it was truly incredible how many revelations I used to have in those pages. Hm, perhaps it's time to revisit them?

Everyone, have a great Wednesday!

Last edited by mtlgirl; 07-06-2011 at 02:18 AM.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:11 AM
FitDay Member

HAPPY BIRFDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRFDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRFDAY TO MERRRRRRNNN
HAPPY BIRFDAY TO YOU

Have a good one honey.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:15 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Not quite everyone. I went into a sugar binge today. One of my weaknesses... besides a blast are the big, thick sugar cookies that come in the plastic packages at the grocery store. You know the ones.... they are all standing up in their single file lines and it looks as if the icing was place right up top with perfection. Once you grab them between your fingers you can feel just how soft they are. Undercooked to perfection! So soft you'd swear they just came out the over. Then you taste it and you can just melt. The sweet, sugary delight just takes over your senses. Just when you thing you can hold back and take control, the icing hits your tongue and it's all over from there. Yeah I ate like 6 and I think they are 180 calories each!
OMG I'm getting a carb crash just reading this post. We bought a box of those for my mom's birthday, thank heavens there were 6 of us there when it got popped open or I would have been in a diabetic coma, and I'm not even diabetic.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:21 AM
FitDay Member

ChibiSub, you did a great job yesterday on food water, and exercise. Wow, that's great that you can drink so much water! You ARE a bunch of shorties. But you know what they say about us-- "the best things come in small packages." LOL I always joked that I was adopted because my younger sister is 5'6", my older sister was 5'8", and my bro is 6'4. Our Mom was short, though, at 5'2".

Cassie, congrats on avoiding the stress eating and for doing such a great job. Whoa--959 calories! Were ya not hungry or did it just work out that all your food was low cal? Thanks for the birthday wishes.

Mike, my mouth was literally watering reading your description of the cookies. LOL Our grocery store bakery sells them like that by the dozen--yep, undercooked to perfection but with a real buttery tasting, gooey icing.

Rose, thanks for the birthday wishes.

My Tuesday report:
Calorie limit 1600 2079, 1301
Sat fat limit 10-12% 20%, 10%
Dietary cholesterol limit 300mg 523.9mg! 220mg
Carbs less fiber limit 25g 23.5g, 16.4g
Protein--just track it 149.2g or 30%, 93.4g or 33%
Vitamin D & fish oil capsules daily YES NO

Limit 2 pks artificial sweetener per day I think it was 5, 0
Limit 2 pieces of sugar free candy 0, 2

Water 64 oz YES YES

Exercise: (green as long as I'm working up)
Work up to 2 miles on treadmill 1.6, 1.7
Work up to 2 miles on stationery bike OR take muscular strength/range of motion class for seniors 1 mile on bike, class
Look into seniors Cardio Circuit at the Y on M, W, F--decided I might put that off while I work up to 2 miles on the stationery bike.

Last edited by Mern; 07-06-2011 at 12:26 AM.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:47 AM
FitDay Member

Almeeker, thanks for the birfday song! LOL on stretching out the Mern.

If I ate six of Mike's cookies, I'd probably get really sleepy from the blood sugar plunge. But they are so yummy I'd just enjoy the sleep.

I'm really hoping no one buys me a birfday cake, but if they do, I'll just enjoy a normal size serving. Otherwise will try to keep to low carb today. Taking my 7 and 9 year old grandkids to see Mr. Popper's Penguins today and lunch will be at Chick Fil A where I can get a bunless grilled chicken sandwich and a side salad with toted-from-home low carb dressing.

Last edited by Mern; 07-06-2011 at 12:50 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.