Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Summertime Fun Thread starting 07/04/2011 >

7 Day Motivational Summertime Fun Thread starting 07/04/2011

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Summertime Fun Thread starting 07/04/2011

Old 07-06-2011, 03:02 AM
Super Moderator

Sure!

2 1/2 cups Rice Krispies (or brown rice cereal, or puffed rice cereal)
2 cups quick-cooking oats
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed (I use less; adjust to taste)
1/2 cup agave syrup or honey or any combination
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla (sometimes I add almond extract)
Dried fruit (raisins, cranberries, cherries, apricots, anything you like)
Sunflower seeds, chopped nuts (anything you like)

Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl; set aside. Melt peanut butter, agave or honey, and sugar in a saucepan; bring to boil. Pour over dry mixture and mix well. Press into a greased (sprayed) 9 X 13 pan, allow to cool, and cut into bars.

You can throw anything you want into these bars. I like to throw in a handful of chocolate chips at the end; they melt and it gives the whole bar a chocolately flavor.

Admittedly, these aren't much on nutrition, but I feel better about doing these than buying the stuff off the shelves with all the questionable ingredients.

I've collected a couple recipes for some bars with higher fiber and protein powder and will try one of those when the current batch of these is gone.
Old 07-06-2011, 04:09 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
ChibiSub, you did a great job yesterday on food water, and exercise. Wow, that's great that you can drink so much water! You ARE a bunch of shorties. But you know what they say about us-- "the best things come in small packages." LOL I always joked that I was adopted because my younger sister is 5'6", my older sister was 5'8", and my bro is 6'4. Our Mom was short, though, at 5'2".
Thank you ^_^ I pretty much cut out all of my pop/soda intake to drink all of that though I might have a diet drink at the end of the day to treat myself.

Also Happy B-day!

My other sister is like 5'4, but if you take her upper half of her body and compare it to mine, we are the same height. She just got long legs, which I have threaten to cut her legs off and switch them with mine, lol jokingly of course.

My mom's side of the family is Irish and French Canadian and my dad's side is Polish. This means we are short and super pale. I am pretty much a ghost with how pale I am, lol... I would make Conan O'Brien look tan.

Thank you so much for everyone welcoming me and the other newbies. It means a lot ^_^.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:12 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn, ya just gotta love when the DHs try to "help" huh?

Amy, I love the Mustang Sally comment and the suggestion that I give DD a colicky baby to attend to for a weekend. I'm thinkin maybe twins!

Cassie, thank you so much. This child does tell me she hears everything we have told her and that we should trust more. I'm tryyyyyyyyyyin'...And despite how I make things sound, she IS a good kid. Thanks also for the recipe. It looks really good! Now we just need Mike to eat it and describe it....

Wow80 myabe you just ended a release. We all get pent up at times. Except for me, of course, I never get upset. (rolling my eyes here. where is the rolling the eyes icon when you need it?)

Terri you accomplish so much. If we could ever harness the energy you and Amy have we would have no fuel crisis!

Last edited by canary52; 07-06-2011 at 06:16 AM.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:19 AM
FitDay Member

Fitness (same o'l, same ol')
1) 1600 calories or less, 1664, felt like a billion
2) stretch, yes, no
3) 64 oz of H2O sigh why is this so hard? 64, 80
4) gym or walk 2-3 times, does walk through town for fireworks count? no
5) avoid sugar yes, erhhh sugar free candy bbque sauce on pork
6) go easy on the carbs (exception: July 4th) no (hamburger bun and a little whole wheat pasta with pesto), nope

Other
1) remember to take fibro meds, yes, yes
2) do not get back to relying on painkillers (exception: July 4th), No, yes
3) ditto for sleep meds. one half a benadryl, yes
4) write at least one hour, no,class
5) meditate, no, no
6) schedule fun (museums, plays, dinner by the river, etc), talked about it, no
7) stop obssessing over DD, yes, no
Old 07-06-2011, 07:52 AM
FitDay Member

Hi again and thanks for all the welcomes!

So I am down four pounds which is great and I did a one-on-one session of pilates last night and really enjoyed it (except I can't sit up today - those tummy muscles might never work again) so I have signed up for a course of six lessons which will be fun. I tried yoga last summer but they were all really advanced (standing on their heads and stuff) and the teacher didn't seem interested in teaching beginners. The pilates person was lovely though.

I didn't have a brilliant day today, had a doctor's appointment this morning so had to fast from 8.00 pm last night - so by the time I got out of it - about 11.00 this morning I was starving. I find the little and often approach to eating so much easier and tend to snack on fruit a lot during the day, which keeps me on the straight and narrow. Oh well, tomorrow is another day!

Hope you guys are all having good days. It's nearly over for me now - a little hot cocoa and off to bed!
Old 07-06-2011, 10:01 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie,

Thanks for the recipe! I have two old standbys. One is fairly low in fat and calories and the other is soft and chewy and pretty calorie ridden. Both, however, need to be baked so I'm glad to have a no-bake version for the warm summer months.

Good luck with the teen boy issues. As I've said before, my boy was worse. lol Good kid, honor student, but he was a risk taker and the class clown. I was on speed dial with the principal's office who thought his antics were hysterical, and through his own laughter, would tell me that he still needed to be punished.

Now at 28, married, and working for an engineering firm, he's his wife's problem now! LOL The old saying, "I hope he has a son JUST LIKE HIM" couldn't be more appropriate!
Old 07-06-2011, 10:30 AM
FitDay Member

FITNESS:
  • Drink four bottles of water a day. Y Y
  • Eat only Lite n' Easy (Tuesday exception). N N
  • Gym six times. N N
  • Update goals daily. Y Y
  • Focus on 10% challenge. N N
  • Continue cutting back smokes. Y Y
NOT FITNESS:
  • Keep the new attitude. K K
  • Update blog every day. NY
  • Make an effort on my apperance daily. Y Y

I'm officially going to add "reply to everyone" to next week's goals. I want you guys to know, even if I don't comment to you, I do read all the posts and am thinking of you, good or bad situations.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MERN! Hope you have a great day, and people respect your lack-of-cake desire.

Thanks Terri, I know us women are kinda known for being emotional, but I've never been the poster child for feminine, so it's all a bit odd.

Have a good day everyone, I'll check back in tomorrow.

Last edited by wowgirl88; 07-06-2011 at 01:12 PM.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:48 AM
FitDay Member

Default Sweets for Mern

These won't go straight to your hips!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
greeting.jpg (54.8 KB, 9 views)
Old 07-06-2011, 12:34 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
Amy, I love the Mustang Sally comment and the suggestion that I give DD a colicky baby to attend to for a weekend. I'm thinkin maybe twins!

Cassie, thank you so much. This child does tell me she hears everything we have told her and that we should trust more. I'm tryyyyyyyyyyin'...And despite how I make things sound, she IS a good kid. Thanks also for the recipe. It looks really good! Now we just need Mike to eat it and describe it....

Wow80 myabe you just ended a release. We all get pent up at times. Except for me, of course, I never get upset. (rolling my eyes here. where is the rolling the eyes icon when you need it?)

Terri you accomplish so much. If we could ever harness the energy you and Amy have we would have no fuel crisis!
Better than twins, one colicky infant and a couple of toddlers in potty training. The stories I could tell... As a teenager I babysat for the family across the street. They had 3 boys all about 15 months apart. I can remember one day in particular where I had all three boys plus their very high strung toy poodle in the tub, rinsing one down from a spaghetti-o incident, his brother was in for using his dad's after shave as ammunition, the baby had urped up on me and himself, and well the dog had been partially involved in all three of the disasters. That dog was absolutely wild and jumped in the air barking and nipping non-stop. Why I thought adding a wild dog covered in spagetti-os and aftershave to a tub full of squealing soapy children was going to improve my day, I'll never know... Good times...

So rock back and forth saying "she's a good kid, she's a good kid", maybe that will help. I thought of you as I had strong words with my middle DD today, she was having a rather PMSy day. Good grief she's 8. How am I going to survive real PMS? My current plan is to go with deep meditation, or is that medication? Tomato tomaato.

Do we really need Mike to describe the yummy granola bars? I've still got the sugar shakes from the cookie read.

Speaking of energy, I want someone to come up with a gasinator for my SUV, if it could be made to run on the trash inside it, that would help me out on so many levels.

Last edited by almeeker; 07-06-2011 at 12:40 PM.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:52 PM
FitDay Member

Wednesday Check-in.

1. 1,500 calories, no more. 2,248, 1,497, 1,704
2. Exercise 6 hours. 0 min, 60 min, 45 min (total 1:45)
3. 96 oz of water daily. Y, Y, Y
4. Calorie deficit of 3,500 for the week. +391, -1,509, -783 (total -1,509)
5. Weigh myself and record it daily. Y, Y, Y
6. Take measurements. N, N, N

Other stuff:

1. Gardens, continue to weed & preen and buy 46-0-0 for corn patches. N, weeded and preened, N
2. Help kids get 4-H projects done. N, Y, Y
3. Work on church project 2 hours min. N, N, N
4. Call in-laws. N, N, Done
5. Call grandma. N, N, N
6. Housework
Monday, upstairs bathroom, down stairs bathroom, laundry
Tuesday, kitchen, hallway, stairs, laundry
Wednesday, living room, bedroom, laundry
Thursday, DD's room, dining, laundry
Friday, master bedroom, den, laundry
Saturday, basement, laundry
Sunday closets & cupboards (1 of each)

Okay I'm over my budget, but I can explain. I couldn't sleep last night and had a midnight snack. That sometimes happens when I have a really high burning workout. Anyway I started the day at 250 calories and I hadn't even eaten breakfast yet. It could have been worse, thank heavens there was only one serving of that chocolate velvet ice cream left. I also discovered a really nice snack that is super low in calories, 100g of frozen blueberries in a 1/2 cup of almond milk, the almond milk sort of freezes around the berries, it's less than 70 calories and although it's not quite ice cream, it's fixed my ice cream craving at least twice now.

I gotta get, my kiddos want me to read, we're on the last chapter of the Runaway Dolls.

Last edited by almeeker; 07-06-2011 at 11:30 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.