Community
Notices

Endometriosis and Weight Gain

Old 07-01-2011, 12:47 AM
FitDay Member

Default Endometriosis and Weight Gain

I have had endometriosis for 17 years, but was finally correctly diagnosed with it 3 years ago after many doctors not knowing what was wrong with me for all these years. I am currently in Stage 4 and have completed 6 months of Lupron treatments. I have gained 25 pounds since I started treatments and find it very difficult to lose any weight even with exercising daily and watching my diet. Does anyone have any advise?
Old 07-05-2011, 06:33 AM
FitDay Member

I also have endometriosis but I don't know what Lupron is. Is it helping?
Old 08-03-2011, 02:01 AM
FitDay Member

Lupron is a form of chemotherapy drug used to treat severe endometriosis. My doctor put me on it because my endo was spreading from my female organs upward and causing complications with my digestive system. Lupron worked in stopping the spread of endo and shrinking it. The drug has many side effects such as hot sweats, weight gain, trouble concentrating, and depression. For me it brought relief, but I would not recommend going on Lupron as a long term solution.
Old 08-04-2011, 03:22 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by HotMommy2011
Lupron is a form of chemotherapy drug used to treat severe endometriosis. My doctor put me on it because my endo was spreading from my female organs upward and causing complications with my digestive system. Lupron worked in stopping the spread of endo and shrinking it. The drug has many side effects such as hot sweats, weight gain, trouble concentrating, and depression. For me it brought relief, but I would not recommend going on Lupron as a long term solution.
You'll get much better advice for a specific drug-related problem like this if you speak to your doctor and/or a nutritionist about it. Ask your doctor if seeing a nutritionist would help you with this side effect of the drug and if he or she can refer you to one.