Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Whip Cracking Motivational Thread Starting 6/27/11 >

Whip Cracking Motivational Thread Starting 6/27/11

Community
Notices

Whip Cracking Motivational Thread Starting 6/27/11

Old 07-02-2011, 11:41 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Mern! Good to hear from you! Obviously, you can see you were missed.

Glad to hear you didn't gain and also that you joined the Y. Let us know how it goes.

Mike, yeah I tend to go AWOL on weekend too. But I am trying to stick with it! Plus it's good to touch base with you guys. Especially since stress (some of which looks a lot like my DD) is driving me to eat.
Old 07-02-2011, 04:05 PM
FitDay Member

Hey Everyone,

My eating has been pretty bad the past few days. Promising myself to get my act together tomorrow. I live in a very recreational, tourist driven area with lots of boating, water skiing, whitewater river rafting, etc. So the 4th of July weekend is one of our busiest of the entire year. Tons of water related parties, etc. with LOTS of food and drink. Tomorrow will be no exception.

On a more positive note, I've gotten in LOTS of hiking and walking during the past week now that the rain has cleared. (June was terribly cold and rainy for us.) Close to 20 miles logged in the last 5 days. Haven't gotten on the scale in a week or so, but I can tell I've gained a little from the 2-3 weeks that I had no time to exercise.

Well, if we can't lose weight over the holiday, let's try to at least keep the damage to a minimum... lol.

Hope everyone has a happy and safe Fourth!

quinn
Old 07-02-2011, 04:50 PM
Super Moderator

1) avg 65g carbs for the week: 28.3, 47.9, 37.6, 267.4, 44.7,13.0
2) 3000 calories deficient for the week: -770, -355, -764, +273, -797, -687
3) gallon of water per day: yes, yes, yes, yes, I think so, yes
4) workout 3 times: no, yes, no ,yes, no, no

Old 07-03-2011, 01:14 AM
FitDay Member

Default Saturday check-in

GOALS:

1. Eat between 1100-1400 calories per day: YES 1214/ YES 1337/YES 1252/YES 1254/NOT EVEN CLOSE 2492/ YES 1106
2. Exercise 4 hours: 40 min/45 min/95 min/30 min = 3.5 hours so far
3. Drink 10-12 glasses of water: DONE!/ DONE!/ DONE!/ DONE!/DONE!/DONE!
4. Take my multi-vitamin: YES/ YES/ YES/ YES/YES/YES
5. Eat over 30% protein: YES 34%/ YES 38%/ YES 44%/YES 40%/ YES 30%/YES 43%
6. NO SUGAR! YES/ YES/YES/YES/YES/NO!/YES
Other goals:

1. Hem curtains: 1 panel done/Another one done!
2. Water flowers: YES/ YES/YES/YES
3. Deposit check: YES
4. make pear salsa:

I was extremely active on Saturday. Worked out for over an hour and a half at the gym, rode a bike to the park, walked 3km home, and played with my friend's kid at the park. It was a beautiful summer day!

Hope, let us know what happened at the vet. I am hoping that you didn't get any more bad news and it was just depressing because of what happened last time you were there. Sending a (((hug)))

Last edited by mtlgirl; 07-03-2011 at 02:21 AM.
Old 07-03-2011, 02:03 AM
Super Moderator

Hi Hope and all...yeah, haven't been around, partly because of totally gacking a couple days and embarrassed, partly because of other diversions. We're at my in-law's now on the lake, had a nice homegrown fireworks display last night and going out for swims and See-Doos today. I ate well yesterday and hubby and I went for a jog last night, so so far, so good.

Hope, was the vet depressing because of what happened with your other baby, or did you get more bad news? ((hugs)).
Old 07-03-2011, 05:17 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie, don't be embarrassed; we all fall off the wagon. Your time at yur in-laws sounds like it was fun. Rose, you're doing withthe execise.

I want to thank both of you for asking about my babies. The vet, who may or may not be an alarmist, made it sound like my other two cats are at death's door. Jake, she says. has a terrible heart murmur and she recommended an EKG at nearly $700. Ginger, she says, is way too thin for her age and she supsects her of having kidney disease and recommends a CBC at nearly $300. I'm not sure what's going on with my babies so I'm gonna take them to another vet; I'm going to try to get em in this week. If they need tests or whatever, of course I'm gonna find a way to do it. Meanwhile I'm worried sick about them because I feel they are not well. What is going on with my cats?

My biological baby, my DD, has also been a great cause for concern and also stress between DH and myself. Health has not be 100% and many of my close friends are out of town for the holiday and/or vacay. But enough bitching! Time to smile more!!!! So sorry to be Debby Downer here!!!

We will being having a small barbeque with some other friends we really like. Then we're doing the whole corny watching the town parade, watching the town fireworks thing. Will even probably help collect money in town to fund it. Personally I could hole up in my bed with a book and a bag of chocolate.

Fitness
1) 1600 calories maximum (maybe more realistic): 1180, 1480,1298,1780 (so hungry lately), 2500 (gulp), 1185
2) walk or gym 4x this week- Yes at 10pm no less, no, no, walk, no,no
]3) 64 oz water minimum"] 72, 64,36?, 64,72, 72
4) stretch"] yuuuuuuuup, no, tried to fibro prevented movement, yes, yes, yes
5) cut sugar: yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
6) reduce carbs-yes, yes, no, no had pizza, no had big pretzel, yes
Other
1) write 1 hour daily- yes, had writing workshop, wrote all day, yes, yes, no just a bit of journaling
2) meditate-yes, no, no, no, yes, no
3) don't fight with DD- NO, Yes got along great, yes, NO fought yet again, how do we get into this?, yes but I was a bit nasty, yes tho I had good reason to lose it, I kept it together
4) find vet for other cats and bring em-researching, made appointment, left message for old vet for records, vet on Friday, went to vet, very depressing, vet after holiday
5) make vacation plans- trying, trying, TRYING, YES booked a trip
6) make plans to visit colleges-No, NO,NO, NO, ish, DD must take the incentive
7) listen-No, NO, yes, eh, yes, uhhhhhhhhh no
8) fix blocked ear (odd I know)yes

Have a great 4th everyone! Enjoy!!!!

Last edited by canary52; 07-03-2011 at 08:26 AM.
Old 07-03-2011, 01:08 PM
FitDay Member

Hope, it's good to be back. I was surprised to be missed--really hadn't realized it had been that long since I had logged in. Aw, best wishes with your babies. Good to get a second opinion. Diagnostic tests for pets cost almost as much as for humans. My DD and I were always at each other's throats when she was younger. Now that she's grown with four kids of her own, we're great friends. It'll pass--eventually, but I know it's stressful for you right now. Big hug to ya. Congrats on your food, fitness and other successes this week. The long weekend makes it harder, I think. So where ya goin' on vacation and when?

Cassie, holy cow, no need to be embarrassed with falling off the wagon--we all do it from time to time. Like my doc says, we don't need to be perfect, just better than we used to be, competing only against our past record. Sounds like you're having a good time at your in-laws. Enjoy!

Rose, you are having one super week on your goals. Super congrats to ya! Wonderful that you're also getting in extra physical activity!

Mike, you're also doing a good job this week! You're really getting the hang of low carb! Are you enjoying your food? And I see you just need one more workout to meet this week's goal.

Quinn, I'm so glad you are getting in some much needed recreation and partying. You'll be fine --I have no doubt you can keep "damage" to a minimum and quickly get back on track on food.

My report for today is like yesterday--didn't log my food but know from experience I did just fine. I don't plan to make a habit of not logging--just took a break from it this week--maybe will tomorrow as well. Enjoyed a 36 minute treadmill walk at the Y today--slower pace of 2.5MPH gave me a total of 1.5 miles which was fine with me as I'm taking baby steps to work back up to 2 miles again. Walking on the treadmill is so much easier on my back and hips than walking at the park on blacktop! Plus my new gym shoes may be helping--gel insoles to help with shock absorption. Found $65 Asics on clearance sale for $30. Tomorrow I may try the seniors (Silver Sneakers) group Cardio Circuit and Tuesday the 30 minute group cycling and/or Muscular Strength & Range of Motion class.

Last edited by Mern; 07-03-2011 at 01:11 PM.
Old 07-03-2011, 03:43 PM
Super Moderator

Mern, glad you are back and have been doing okay. Nice job on the exercise, the bargain hunting, and the success even with no logging!

Hope, here's to the new vet coming up with some fresh ideas. And I hope your human baby is doing okay, too!

Rose, your goals look awesome!! Congrats on a wonderful week .

Still at the in-laws; did some swimming today and satisfied the need for speed on the jetski. We had fireworks round two off the beach tonight after a long walk with the hubby. Eating has been on track other than sneaking a couple big oatmeal cookies...my favorite. DS is watching Man vs. Food and it's making me hungry! Gonna go stick my nose in a book for a little while. Hope all enjoyed their day and have a good long weekend tomorrow, for those of you who have it off .
Old 07-03-2011, 04:34 PM
FitDay Member

Mike, I am always amazed by your carb intake! Really 13g is Wow for me.

Rose, it is hard being back! I have been off all this week, looking forward to start fresh tomorrow.

Hope, I wish you the best for this new week with your DD and your cats.

Mern, happy to read you and that you are doing well. The Y sounds like a great idea!

Quinn, congrats on the walking and hiking these days! Hope you are enjoying the holiday.

Cassie, the lake sounds like fun! I love Man vs. Food, makes me very hungry too!

Best wishes for this upcoming week!
Old 07-03-2011, 05:38 PM
Super Moderator

1) avg 65g carbs for the week: 28.3, 47.9, 37.6, 267.4, 44.7,13.0, 17.0
2) 3000 calories deficient for the week: -770, -355, -764, +273, -797, -687, -1153 (-4253 )
3) gallon of water per day: yes, yes, yes, yes, I think so, yes, nope
4) workout 3 times: no, yes, no ,yes, no, no, no

I fell short this week by 1 workout, some water and just BARELY missed my carb goal!

I tried my very best but couldn't pull it off.

I beat my calorie goal by a long shot.

Tomorrow (well today since it's 12:30am will be a cheat day/ carb loading day for me. )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.