FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   Whip Cracking Motivational Thread Starting 6/27/11 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/4572-whip-cracking-motivational-thread-starting-6-27-11-a.html)

01gt4.6 06-27-2011 03:28 PM

1) avg 65g carbs for the week: 28.3
2) 3000 calories deficient for the week: -770
3) gallon of water per day: yes
4) workout 3 times: no

cjohnson728 06-27-2011 04:26 PM

Check In:

1. Balance calories in & out. Yes
2. Exercise 6 times. Ran today
3. Drink 64 oz. of water or more. Yes
4. Sleep at least 7 hours a night. 6.5

5. Don't buy new clothes, no matter how good the sales! Yes
6. Work a little on organizing photos for scrapbooks every day. Yes
7. Make final decision on bathing suit before Saturday; return others. Started
8. Gotta do it...smile more, bitch less! Yes-EVEN at the cell phone store, which took Herculean effort

Almeeker, as of now I have six pieces of bathing suits. I ordered tops and bottoms separately so I can go through the permutations; last week I returned/exchanged a few. I'm eventually only keeping one top and one bottom, but with free shipping, I figured why not look at all my options?

The thing is, it's made the whole process way more complicated than it needs to be.

Hope y'all had a great day!

mtlgirl 06-27-2011 11:01 PM

Report card for Monday

Hi Everyone!

I had a great start to the week. I went for an awesome early morning walk/run. The weather was perfect and I felt really great afterwards but it was tough to get through for some reason. Maybe because I ran on Sunday as well and I usually skip a day to avoid any injuries.

GOALS:

1. Eat between 1100-1400 calories per day: YES 1214
2. Exercise 4 hours: YES 40 min
3. Drink 10-12 glasses of water: DONE!
4. Take my multi-vitamin: YES
5. Eat over 30% protein: YES 34%
6. NO SUGAR! YES

Other goals:

1. Hem curtains: 1 panel done
2. Water flowers: YES
3. Deposit check:
4. make pear salsa:

HOPE: So nice to hear that you are getting the support you need. I know how much we grow to love our pets. They are family and Phoebe was one of the lucky ones because she had a lot of love in her life.

AMY: Have a blast in New York City! If you go to the Met to see the Alexander McQueen exhibit, (which is amazing) be sure to visit the museum's rooftop terrace. There are spectacular views of the skyline from up there and if you are there at sunset, the photo opportunities are incredible. (If ever you need any tips on where to go out to eat or shop etc, let me know!)

CASSIE: Hope you are enjoying your at-home bikini shopping! Let us know which one makes the cut.

EVERYONE: Have a fabulous day!

aspikes 06-28-2011 01:34 AM

Good morning, I hope to have a more "normal" week this week, so maybe that will help with the goals. On a positive note, I'm on day 18 of "no nail biting", I hope I have finally kicked that nasty habit!! Sad tho, my nails are just barely out of the quick....that's how short I had bitten them...ugh

Fitness goals:
>1300 cals/day Y,N
1 gal water/day Y,N
eat clean/low carb lunches Y,N
workout 3 times N,N

Lifestyle goals:
get blinds upstairs N,N
1 load laundry/day Y,Y
Do weekly menu book N,N
Trust more, nag/complain/question less N,Y
1 room cleaned/day - Mon-den N
Tues-DS room N
Wed- DD room
Thurs-my room
Sat/Sun-mop kitchen and dining room

Don't get me wrong, I make kids clean thier own rooms, however, they are going to bible school every evening this week, so I'm going to clean out some broken toys and junk while they are out of the house!!

Have a great week, fitdayers!

almeeker 06-28-2011 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by aspikes (Post 49477)
Don't get me wrong, I make kids clean thier own rooms, however, they are going to bible school every evening this week, so I'm going to clean out some broken toys and junk while they are out of the house!!

Have a great week, fitdayers!

Amen to that. I make the kids clean their rooms too, but there is a BIG difference between "Kid Clean" and "Mom Clean". I actually use a trash bag and throw some stuff out, the kids just pack rat the junk into every nook and cranny.

canary52 06-28-2011 09:26 AM

Fitness
1) 1600 calories maximum (maybe more realistic): 1180
2) walk or gym 4x this week- Yes at 10pm no less3) 64 oz water minimum-72
4) stretch-yuuuuuuuup
5) cut sugar-yes
6) reduce carbs-yes
Other
1) write 1 hour daily- yes
2) meditate-yes
3) don't fight with DD- NO
4) find vet for other cats and bring em- researching
5) make vacation plans- trying
6) make plans to visit colleges-No
7) listen-No
8) fix blocked ear (odd I know) yes

OK so I blew the no fight with DD almost as soon as I wrote it. And you know why? Cause I have a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggg mouth!!!!! (said in my best Ralph Cramden.) I did not intend on fighting with her. But she took my suggestion that she put in an online application for a place looking for people to work as a personal affront. IDK she says she wants a job but then friends call and... where'd she go? And where's my friggin' car? This is such unusual behavior for a teenager! My DH said he would talk to her about job hunting, why didn't I listen? Another goal gone out the window.

But I took a walk at 10pm when I was EXHAUSTED so that's good.

almeeker 06-28-2011 12:08 PM

Tuesday Check-In

1. 1,500 calories M-Th, a little more FSS (weekend trip). 1,454, 2,574 DD's birthday, I planned for the cake and ice cream, what I did not plan for was the double chocolate muffins she requested for breakfast. This after I'd just done 75 minutes on the elliptical. I ate FOUR!!!
2. Exercise 4 hours. 45 min, 1:15 (total 2:00)
3. 96 oz of water daily. Y, Y
4. Calorie deficit of 3,000 for the week. -1,162, -614 (weekly total -1,776)
5. Weigh myself and record it daily. Y, Y
6. Take measurements. N, N

Other stuff:

1. Get garden and flower beds weeded, Preened and fertilized. Garden is nearly weeded & fertilized!, NO
2. Help kids get 4-H projects done. a little, a little
3. Work on church project 2 hours min. N, N
4. Housework
Monday, bathrooms, living room, laundry
Tuesday, bedrooms, laundry
Wednesday, kitchen, dining room, den, laundry

Today was the youngest DD's 5th birthday, so most of the day was all about her. She got up this morning and requested double chocolate muffins, this as I climbed off a 75 min jaunt on the elliptical. I was starving and this turned out to be a very bad combination of events. The recipe said it made 12, only that must have been the large size, because I ended up with 20 in my regular sized muffin pans. Boy were they yummy, after I'd eaten 4, I put the ingredients through a recipe calculator and found out they were 205 calories each :eek:! I was thinking they were closer to 100 calories. I also had cake and ice cream at the birthday party, and a few chips later in the day. So not a great day calorie-wise, but not a complete spiral down in to the diet gutter either.

Now I'm exhausted, completely and totally rung out. Nighty night.

canary52 06-28-2011 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by mtlgirl (Post 49467)
HOPE: So nice to hear that you are getting the support you need. I know how much we grow to love our pets. They are family and Phoebe was one of the lucky ones because she had a lot of love in her life.

AMY: Have a blast in New York City! If you go to the Met to see the Alexander McQueen exhibit, (which is amazing) be sure to visit the museum's rooftop terrace. There are spectacular views of the skyline from up there and if you are there at sunset, the photo opportunities are incredible. (If ever you need any tips on where to go out to eat or shop etc, let me know!)

[

Thank you, Rose. She was a well loved cat and very happy. She did not have a long life but she had a good one.

I live in NY and yet I'm gonna take tips from you. I wonder if it is hard to get the Alexander McQueen tix. And I'm always looking for good places to eat.

Ever try Josies not far from the Beacon Theatre? Fabulous healthy food.

mtlgirl 06-28-2011 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by canary52 (Post 49534)
Thank you, Rose. She was a well loved cat and very happy. She did not have a long life but she had a good one.

I live in NY and yet I'm gonna take tips from you. I wonder if it is hard to get the Alexander McQueen tix. And I'm always looking for good places to eat.

Ever try Josies not far from the Beacon Theatre? Fabulous healthy food.

I've never tried Josie's! I will next time I'm there. My favorite restaurant in all of NYC is La Esquina, on Kenmare in SoHo. It's delicious and unique Mexican food, not your usual burritos and tacos. You have to call to reserve because the dining room is hidden beneath a diner and you have to go through the kitchen to get to it. It's awesome! We just don't have that quality of Mexican food here in Montreal. I also love Mexican Radio which is also in SoHo. There are so many amazing restaurants in New York, and frozen yogurt parlors. My personal fave is 16 Handles on 2nd Ave in the East Village. Damn, the yogurt is so good!

As for Alexander McQueen, you don't have to get special tix, just pay the entrance fee to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. After you get into the museum you may have to wait in a second line to the exhibit. It's been on for a while now though so I am assuming the lines won't be crazy anymore.

You're so lucky to live in NYC, Hope! ;)

canary52 06-28-2011 01:11 PM

Thanks for the tips, Rose! I don't live in the city and I don't go often enough. But the restaurants you mention and a museum day sound like good reasons to make the trip!!!