Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread starting June 13, 2011

Old 06-17-2011, 05:40 AM
Super Moderator

I'm so glad everyone thinks the gift idea is good!! The more I thought about it the more I liked it. I'm going to have to be sneaky about it and get a copy of the manuscript while he's sleeping this weekend, but I think I can do it. Cassie, I loved how you put it - it can either be something he has forever, or something he has not at all. That really motivated me, thank you

almeekerL LOL! A hip clip. Maybe I should! He'd laugh. I worked late yesterday too, but diligently called home to let him know about it

Mern: I guess my days are busy days, but I'd rather be busy than bored!! How wonderful for your sister. BF didn't get paid for his story, but it's a start, and SO proud of him for keeping up with it and trying. Writing is so hard.

Mary: That is awesome encouragement, thanks for sharing!

Cassie: Oh man, I want to know how that testing goes! Sounds super-interesting!!

quinn: If you're reading this thread, still in my thoughts

Thursday Report Card

Food, Exercise and Lifestyle Goals:

1) Achieve a 7,000 calorie deficit through a combination of eating and exercise M: -685 T: -1,160 W: -765 Th: -907 (Total: -3,517)
2) Week Average of 1200-1300 calories, with no one day going over 1450 cals M: 1,238 T: 1,015 W: 1,158 Th: 1,258 (Week Average: 1,167)
3) Do the 30DS six days a week (one day off per week is allowed): M: no (day off) T: yes W: no Th: yes
4) Two "extra exercise" cardio days per week M-Th: no
5) Week Average of 50% carbs or less M: 64% T: 36% W: 52% Th: 49% (Week Average 50.25%)
6) Week Average of 30% protein or more M: 21% T: 33% W: 15% Th: 23% (Week Average 23%)
7) 120 oz. of water a day M: no (104) T: yes W: no (96) Th: no (72 )
8) Take multivitamin and fiber pills every day M: no T: yes W: no Th: yes

Other Goals:
1) Make an effort on my appearance every day possible: M: Not possible, I was working with animals all day and dressed accordingly in scrub clothes T: a bit W: Meh... Th: yes
2) Do something nice for BF - he needs and deserves a good surprise M: Not yet... T: Haven't given this good thought. Presentation looming. W: Maybe have an idea Th: Doing it this weekend!
3) Budget out upcoming trip home M: No T: No W: No Th: yes
4) Clean the darn bathrooms (weekend goal) M-F: N/A

Stepped on the scale this morning to see 176.3. That's crazy! That's 4.3 lbs. since last Monday all of a sudden. I know I was plateauing there for awhile and the quick drops are probably a result of what I was doing during those weeks and being relatively steady this week -- but is it weird to say I feel like I don't deserve it? I'm happy to see the number but it just feels odd as all get-out. I don't know if 176.3 was a temporary low or what - I'll see again on Monday.

Busy day today with lots of really random projects - working on re-vamping a paper, and Parade Magazine contacted me for an interview (eek!), and I also need to get some literature together for my boss to read. Worked really late last night (hence the low water, I got out of my water routine) and am determined, today, to leave before 6:00 to get home and get some rest. And perhaps to the gym for extra cardio.

Happy Friday! Yay Friday!

~Terri
Old 06-17-2011, 03:43 PM
Super Moderator

So exhausted...I've been ready to crash since about 6 PM.

1. Daily calories 1300 or less. 1241, 1389 (honestly, was too hungry to fall asleep, so had a quick snack. Boo for me), 1297, 1357, 1327
2. Exercise 6 times. Ran at the park, Cardio tennis, Weights, Swam laps & exercise bike, Planned day off
3. Rest shoulder three consecutive days. Yes, Nope-tennis, Nope-but should be able to now, Probably not with the swimming, Yes
4. Log everything. Yes, Yes, Yes (though had to guess on the Chinese), Yes, Yes
5. Journal mood/reasons for eating. Yes, Yes Nope, Nope. I stopped due to some concerns with security of the website.
6. Weigh in daily. Yes, No, Yes, Yes, Yes

7. Get vacation plans nailed down. Narrowed it down, Ready to finalize tomorrow, Tried to finalize and now vaguely homicidal with the rental agent, as what was billed as possible per the website is supposedly not Yes!
8. Get new cell phone contract, or renew/renegotiate. Hubby's got the lead on this one; I've got the vacation legwork
9. Finish painting the last of the trim; touch up walls. Wait for weekend
10. Stay caught up with work. Somehow the less I have to do, the less productive I am!? On a good timetable today, On schedule! Still okay, but need to stay on it, Sort of, sort of
Old 06-17-2011, 11:33 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Everyone,

It's about 6a.m. and I'm just getting around to checking my email for the first time in about 4 days, so I thought I'd check in quickly before I shower and get back over to the hospital to let you know I'm still alive.

It's been a pretty touch and go week but, I have to say, that when I saw all of the wonderful well-wishes, I was really touched. Thank you so much for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers... you'll never know how much it means. Truly, you'll never know.

Without going into detail, here on the intertron, let me just say that it's been a pretty tough week. For those of you who have followed my story over the last year and a half, (you know who you are ) let me just say that my only blood relation, besides my mother, my brother, left to vacation in Europe for a week, while my mom and I awaited multiple biopsy results. To put it mildly, I'm not impressed. Once again, I'm left being a "one-man-band", which is alright, I guess... I just get tired of making excuses for him to my elderly mother who, at the very least, deserved a visit.

Luckily, my son and husband have, once again, stepped into his shoes. I'm really proud of my 28 y/o son. Maybe more than anyone, he can read me like a book, guards me against fatigue and picks up on the tiniest of cues when it's time for me to take a mental break. He's like a part of me... I can't fool him, and he knows it. He has tried to step up as "the man of the family" in my brother's absence, and I'm really filled with pride as a mom. He's going to make a terrific dad, one day.

As far as my health and eating, I'm doing well, surprisingly. On the second day, I found that our hospital has the best salad bar in town! Lots of wonderful, low fat choices, plenty of protein add ons, like grilled chicken, etc. It's sold by the pound. So, a HUGE salad with grilled chicken and tons of veggies in a take-out container has been costing me only about $2.00! Tons of low-fat or no-fat dressings to choose from as well. I'm seriously considering using the hospital as a go-to source for a "fast food" meal source, even after this whole ordeal ends. I've made it a point to weigh myself daily to make sure that I don't gain or lose... I just want to maintain good health and stamina, at this point. So far, I have done just that and stayed at the same exact weight.

Looks like about another week or so until this settles down. Again, thanks for your support. You guys are the best.

quinn
Old 06-18-2011, 12:50 AM
Super Moderator

Quinn, thanks for taking the time to post and let us know how you were doing. I've been thinking of you and I know all of us here are pulling for you and were hoping you were okay.

Sounds like, given the circumstances, you're getting through very well. It's definitely to your credit that your son is such a responsible and caring man and I hope the pride in that helps carry you through the stress of these times a bit. As for your brother, well, it's a frustrating situation, but probably falls under the "accept what you can't change" umbrella. I hear what you're saying, though...you can suck it up on your end, but when it affects someone you care about, it's still hurtful.

Big props on doing well with the food and hitting the jackpot on the salad bar! At least that's one worry that doesn't take extra time, stress, and coordination.

Hang in there, and I hope things get better soon. Give me a shout if you want my email to vent or kvetch or have a psychotic break (lol!). You're doing great!

Everyone else, hope you are having a wonderful weekend so far! I'm off to tournament again this morning, well, most of the day...check in with y'all later .
Old 06-18-2011, 03:43 AM
FitDay Member

I made it through foodwise yesterday except on the sat fat target. The overage there was from too much of both mayo based salad dressing and sugar free dark chocolate. And my exercise sucks this week.

Calorie limit 1600 1577, 1599, 2155, 1491, 1514
Calorie deficit 800 per day 961, 885, 219 deficit 961, 860
Carbs less fiber 25g 22.9g, 22.5g, 25.6g-not horrible, 20.5g, 18.6g
Saturated fat target 12% 15%, 9%, 11%, 8%, 17%
Dietary Cholesterol target less than 300mg 362mg, 354mg, 408.5 156.4mg, 118.6mg
Track grams & % of calories from protein 115.3g or 38%, 149.3 or 37%, 181.9 or 35%, 116g or 34%, 99.7g or 29%

Artificial sweetener limit 1 packet per day 0, 1, 0, 3, 2
Sugar free candy limit 2 pieces per day, which is one full serving 2, 2, 5, 4, 6

Water 64 oz. YES YES YES YES YES
Exercise 30 minutes, 5 days--no lame excuses YES, 20 Minutes, Day Off, 10 minutes, None

Be sure the day's custom foods in FitDay have sat fat & cholesterol listed. YES YES YES YES YES
Old 06-18-2011, 04:53 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, happy Father's Day!!

Quinn, so glad you had the time to check in. Wow, you certainly have every right to be proud of your son. You deserve a lot of credit for how he was reared--the values you and DH instilled in him... Wonderful how he looks after you. Kudos to you for maintaining your health and weight. Great that the hospital cafeteria is so accommodating to your eating lifestyle. Our local hospital, just on the border of a residential and commercial area, has such good, reasonably priced food, an outside entrance to the cafeteria, free and easy parking that many people DO use it for nutritious carryout meals on a regular basis. You and your Mom continue to be in my prayers. Big hug to ya.

canary, kudos to you for your posting this week, whether you met your fitness targets or not. Great job on the water, writing, meditation, and trust/worry issues.

Terri, I'd rather be busy than bored, too. I've never had a problem with that--even as a kid I could always find something to do. When my sister's craft article was published she told me the little bit of money she got paid ($100 or $200) didn't matter at all--it was being published that was most important to her. Wow, so exciting about the interview for Parade Magazine. "I know I was plateauing there for awhile and the quick drops are probably a result of what I was doing during those weeks..." Hey, girl! That proves you DO DESERVE the sudden weight loss. You EARNED it! Kudos to you!

Cassie, yeah, ten minutes is better than no exercise. Often doing just five minutes spurs me to do more.... Need to improve next week. I can make just about anything low carb, LOL--just that when I do, I often eat way too much of it. That's so cool about the hydrostatic weighing, resting metabolic weight and calorie burn reports. $25 is a bargain price for all that. Kudos on your calorie overages being so teeny. You have to be proud of yourself for such great control! Wow, you have a glowing report this week. I hope you got a good night sleep last night. Hope you can find a different place to journal where security won't be a question. Maybe you could just journal to yourself on your hard drive instead of on a website? Had a chuckle snooping on your post to Quinn. I know a woman who means to say she thinks she's psychic but she mistakenly says she's psychotic. I just smile and say, "I agree--I think you ARE." Takes so little to amuse me. LOL I hope the tournament goes well.

We're going to a Father's Day cookout with relatives this weekend. I'm going to try to be really good. I'm taking a low carb pasta dish (so delish that no one will know) and a fruit tray. Someone always brings a veggie tray, so adding a bunless meat will complete a filling low carb meal for me. I'll take some sugar free/low sat fat Werther's Original hard candies with me to help me avoid the dessert table. Also thinking about buying a low carb protein bar in case I find I need something both sweet AND chewy to avoid the dessert table. Well, I have good INTENTIONS--hope I can stick with them...

Last edited by Mern; 06-18-2011 at 04:58 AM.
Old 06-18-2011, 05:48 AM
FitDay Member

Well... so, I pulled the emergency brake on myself because I was just partying too hard and letting the summer lifestyle consume me.

Downside:
1. Kind of, almost got myself barred from my favorite bar because of drama. Lame.

Upside:
1. I've lost 9lbs in the last month.
2. I now measure as 37-31-37 (Saaay whaaaat?!)
Old 06-18-2011, 06:38 AM
FitDay Member

mhibdon, oh, drama. I was quite the drama queen in my younger days. Had to learn to not let people get on my nerves so badly. Took me until my very late twenties to learn I was sabotaging my own happiness. On the upside, wow, girl! You got CURVES! Congrats on your weight loss and hourglass figure!
Old 06-18-2011, 09:00 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks Mern. I went MIA yesterday, b/c I've been so damn busy this week. I'll post my numbers for yesterday and today later tonight.
Old 06-18-2011, 02:50 PM
FitDay Member

Went over on the calories today however had an active day so hope they balance out. It was worth it sharing ice cream cones and the sunset with my son and grandsons at Sauble Beach after a day filled with activities. Mary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.