Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread starting June 13, 2011 >

7 Day Motivational Thread starting June 13, 2011

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread starting June 13, 2011

Old 06-15-2011, 11:26 PM
FitDay Member

Quinn I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I'm sending a great big cyber squeeze your way. It's so hard to focus on your own health when everybody is pulling you in 10 different directions, good luck on that front as well.

Cassie, I hear you on the mirror, I used to own one, but that was several apartments ago. I think when DH and I bought this house it broke during the move, and I've never replaced it. That was 13 years ago. I eyed them a few days ago at the store, I know that it helps me, but it's so hard to face.

Mary, I'm cracking up over your post. Should someone your age take up a hobby that requires your health card and doctor's name? Darn tootin', they're the only ones that can afford a sailboat. LOL. You know my 65 year old mother just bought a new horse. He's a beautiful long legged palomino, nearly 18 hands high, but just barely green broke and a little high strung. When I first saw him I was like "um, mom he's a lot of horse for a little girl". She gave me that look, and said that she didn't buy him for the grand daughters, she bought him for the grandmother. I think if a hobby enhances your life, why not? Sounds like a ton of fun to me and a great way to relax and "get away from it all" for a few hours. What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger right?

Main, don't sweat a day where you didn't make all your goals. I have those all the time. Heck I have entire weeks like that. The important thing is to get right back on it and not give up.

Speaking of giving up, Canary, oh canary, where are you? It's very hard to nag someone on fitday if they don't log in.

Well I'm up and dressed and I have to get off-line and get my workout in or it won't happen. Have a great day everyone.

Last edited by almeeker; 06-15-2011 at 11:30 PM.
Old 06-16-2011, 12:06 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn: So sorry about your Mom, am sending prayers for you both

Terri: Very glad to hear about your bp

Mike: Hope you are feeling better, you did really well even with the Wendys

Cassie: You're doing great, stay strong, don't let the suits get you down

Kumochi: I heard 22 was "adult brain" for both boys and girls. Who knows? I teach college classes sometimes and they still seem crazy even in their 20s

Almeeker: I am back, bug away! I must say you are amazing, renovating a church on top of all the other things you do (just minding the kiddos as you call em is work enough.) Thank you for the rib help but sadly we will not be making them with the BF. He broke up with her last night, the night before her History Regents (for which she did not study at all.) Ironically he said he wanted to try dating "a good girl" but he just didn't have "those" kind of feelings for her. Plus DH is suffering from job and money woes. So it is pretty gloomy around here. But others have it so much worse. Your friend and her family sound like they are going through a terrible time. I hope they are OK.

Fitness
1) 1600 calories max: 1545, 2240
2) stretching every day yes, yes
3) walk or gym 3x a week minimum no, yes with DD
4) 8 glasses of H2O minimum: er 6, 8
Other
1) 1 hour "real" writing every day, not just journaling yes, tried but was totally blocked
2) 14 minutes meditation yes, yes and it was blissful
3) Trust. And worry less. yes, sadly no, not once DD came home so sad

Last edited by canary52; 06-16-2011 at 12:12 AM.
Old 06-16-2011, 12:44 AM
FitDay Member

I have been so worn down the last couple of days, whew! Thank goodness DD16 was home yesterday to straighten up the house. I'm also having some trouble with my new puppy, she is 10 weeks old and very high strung. My potted plants on my porch are not gonna survive her! Got out of the house for a couple of hours last night for some time with BF, it was great! Gonna be a long day today, cleaning out desks and closets at work and then parent program tonight at church with kiddies.

Daily fitness goals:
Eat clean (fruit/veggie) lunches. yep, tomatoes, yum Yes, rice and veggieschips and cheese dip, ugh
Three pink containers of water. yep, yes! yes
Walk/dance 30 minutes daily. dirtroad walk with kiddies,Nope, was lazy walked down riverbank with BF
No nighttime sodas. ugh, had 2!none!no sodas but a mixed drink

Non fitness goals:
No nail picking/biting. Yes!!, yes! (day four of no nail biting)yes! day five down!
Clean out daughters dresser.Not yetnot yet started!
Clean out kitchen cabinetsnot yetnone yetugh not yet
1 load laundry per day.nopedid 2!yep

I'm also gonna steal "smile more, bitch less" Monday was a bust on this one, better luck today!!happy all day!another good day

Quinn - praying for you and your mom, hope everything gets better, take care of yourself tho, you will be no help to anyone else if you dont.

Cassie - good luck with the bathing suit choices, a full length mirror is def a must!

Mike - Wendy's is a weakness of mine, I can pass on the fries (sometimes), but I love the cheeseburgers....
Old 06-16-2011, 01:45 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Mike, I'm sure being on the road didn't do much for your PITA. You take care of yourself, too.
Yeah, I didn't realize how uncomfortable my seat are until my PITA. I was in my office by my house all day but ended up having to run out to New Orleans to write some life policies. After exchanging a dozen texts with a friend on my pool league and me telling him that I wanted to sit out b/c I was in pain, he still scheduled me to shoot. He said he thought that I really wanted to shoot. I was like "dude can you effing read?" I ended up having to rush straight back from my appointment to pool league.
Old 06-16-2011, 02:59 AM
FitDay Member

Tuesday Report

Went nuts on skinnless baked chicken trying to keep away from all the ice cream, cookies, pastries, candy and other sweet stuff in the house. I made it through slightly over in low carb and OK on sat fat but went way over in cholesterol and calories. All food eaten was allowed on plan, just too much of it.

Calorie limit 1600 1577, 1599, 2155
Calorie deficit 800 per day 961, 885, 219 deficit
Carbs less fiber 25g 22.9g, 22.5g, 25.6g-not horrible
Saturated fat target 12% 15%, 9%, 11%
Dietary Cholesterol target less than 300mg 362mg, 354mg, 408.5
Track grams & % of calories from protein 115.3g or 38%, 149.3 or 37%, 181.9 or 35%

Artificial sweetener limit 1 packet per day 0, 1, 0
Sugar free candy limit 2 pieces per day YES YES No-five pieces, which is one full serving

Water 64 oz. YES YES YES
Exercise 30 minutes, 5 days--no lame excuses YES, 20 Minutes, Day Off

Be sure the day's custom foods in FitDay have sat fat & cholesterol listed. YES YES YES

Last edited by Mern; 06-16-2011 at 03:02 AM.
Old 06-16-2011, 02:59 AM
Super Moderator

quinn: Baby coyotes really DO sound like crying babies, it's kind of crazy. GREAT JOB on your BMI! Congrats, your hard work is paying off!! Sorry to hear about your Mom, my thoughts are with you both, take care and I hope that things turn out okay.

Hope: Heat affects some people with low bp and not others -- I just happen to have that effect. There's lots of different types of low bp, it's actually kind of interesting. Mine is considered chronic but non-serious, and my doc has been monitoring it pretty closely since I'm losing weight, making sure it doesn't dip into dangerous-land. So far it's been steady - I have an appointment at the end of June and I'll see how it's doing.

Classes are always great for keeping focus, and having a time and place seperate from family to get into that writing gear without feeling guilty, or like you're missing something else. I'd love to read your stuff! I hope you find your focus!

Mike: Thanks, my goals are always this ginormous list -- sometimes I think I try to be too specific! I hope you're feeling good as the week goes on; I have an idea for what to do with BF, but I'm going to let it percolate

Cassie: Woo-hoo on being close to bikini weight!!! That must feel so awesome! You're also right about it being an art to REALLY listen - oftentimes I wonder if I'm listening to my body, or just not giving it 100%. It's a balance. I don't want to use my low bp or bad ankle as crutches, but neither do I want to injure myself or make myself sick. Every day is a new day.

Mary: Totally true that the teenage brain is "re-wiring" -- actually what's happening is that the part of your brain that tells you "no, you shouldn't do that" isn't fully formed until after the teenage years, so teens unfortunately have a legitimate excuse Awesome job on getting that holiday weight off! And sailing sounds like a great idea!

Wednesday Report Card

Food, Exercise and Lifestyle Goals:

1) Achieve a 7,000 calorie deficit through a combination of eating and exercise M: -685 T: -1,160 W: -765 (Total: -2,610)
2) Week Average of 1200-1300 calories, with no one day going over 1450 cals M: 1,238 T: 1,015 W: 1,158 (Week Average: 1,137)
3) Do the 30DS six days a week (one day off per week is allowed): M: no (day off) T: yes W: no
4) Two "extra exercise" cardio days per week M: No T: No W: no
5) Week Average of 50% carbs or less M: 64% T: 36% W: 52% (Week Average 50.66%)
6) Week Average of 30% protein or more M: 21% T: 33% W: 15% (Week Average 23%)
7) 120 oz. of water a day M: no (104) T: yes W: no (96)
8) Take multivitamin and fiber pills every day M: no T: yes W: no

Other Goals:
1) Make an effort on my appearance every day possible: M: Not possible, I was working with animals all day and dressed accordingly in scrub clothes T: a bit W: Meh...
2) Do something nice for BF - he needs and deserves a good surprise M: Not yet... T: Haven't given this good thought. Presentation looming. W: Maybe have an idea
3) Budget out upcoming trip home M: No T: No W: No
4) Clean the darn bathrooms (weekend goal) M-F: N/A

Ugh. Had a killer day at work yesterday with one of those getting-ready-to-go-out-the-door emergencies that kept me there 3 hours later than I had expected. PLUS, I had texted BF that I was on my way -- and then was interrupted by a grad student needing assistance, and I left my phone on the desk of my office. Fast-forward 2.5 hours later, there had been a terrible thunderstorm, and I wasn't answering my phone because it wasn't on me -- also, because I had gloves on and was handling some pretty nasty chemicals. BF was worried, and had called like a dozen times (due to the storm and worrying about me driving in it). So when I got home I got a lecture about keeping my phone on me...

I ended up plopping in front of the TV and watching the Bruins win their first Stanley Cup in 39 years!! Definitely a mood booster, but suffice to say I did not work out, and I had a REALLY low protein day yesterday... dinner was sort of a mish-mash of leftovers (I need to go grocery shopping) and ended up being turkey dogs, some leftover salad and a couple tablespoons of frozen corn. I usually have a lot more protein with dinner than that.

Have a presentation on summer research today, I will be VERY happy to see that behind me. I always worry that my ideas aren't solid, but we'll see what the firing squad says today

Oh, and idea for BF -- he had his first short story published not too long ago - I was thinking of having the acceptance letter framed and the story manuscript bound for him professionally. I'm worried it's too late to be meaningful (it was published a couple of months ago) but he's recently picked up his writing again and I want to encourage him and remind him of past success (also, it's a great story!!). What do you guys think?

Happy Thursday!

~Terri
Old 06-16-2011, 03:07 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn, keeping you and your Mom in my prayers. Big hug to ya.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:12 AM
Super Moderator

Terri, I think that would be a lovely gift. Don't worry about the timing...It's something he'll have forever, and if you don't go ahead and do it, then he won't have it at all. Doing it now will also bring back the good memory of when it was accepted, so I say your idea is a win!

Mern, singin' my song, lady. Good food, just too much. I'm sure you'll be back on track today.

aspikes, ship one of those mixed drinks up here, would you?

Hope, sorry about the breakup. I know it must feel pretty powerless. I'm sure you'll help her get through in your loving and nurturing way!

Mike, apparently he can't read, or read between the lines. Take two inversions and get a good night's sleep!

Long day today; I'm trying to cram all my outside appts. in since the kid is in a tourney that begins tomorrow and another that starts Monday, so that knocks out some working days. Sometimes the schedule is a logistical nightmare. Hope everyone is doing well and I'll check in later this evening.

Thinking of you Quinn...hope all is well.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:57 AM
FitDay Member

Terri, it sounds like a great gift! Very thoughtful. And not too late, I don't think.

Cassie, thank you, as always, for your kind words. Yeah I felt pretty bad and tried to help but mostly in the way of listening (and stupidly offering to help her study for the Regents. Such bad timing to tell her the night before. He knew she had the exam because his sister had it too.) There was not much DD wanted to hear. And she certainly didn't want to study! But she got together with his sister after the exam (which they said was easy) and went out (for fast food; like me, she is an emotional eater ) But at least she went out. She was saying she was never going to care for anyone, not even a friend again. (a little dramatic maybe?) And I had worried that the BF reltionship was gonna affect the friendship, especially after the inevitable break up. So fingers crossed; this kid has been pretty miserable for months and BF made her happy. I was hoping that could last a liiiiiiiiiitttle longer. Oh well.

Congrats on the bikini: I could never wear one even when I was thin.

Last edited by canary52; 06-16-2011 at 05:59 AM.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:21 AM
FitDay Member

Terri I think that sounds like a great gift, very creative and thoughtful too. After yesterday maybe you should get him a hip clip for your phone too, sounds like he might appreciate that too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.