FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   I think I'm going crazy already... (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/440-i-think-im-going-crazy-already.html)

HGBilbruck 02-18-2010 01:52 PM

I think I'm going crazy already...

Ok so maybe I'm having a day 1 crazy moment, but does or has any one just looked at their food log see that their under their calorie limit and think to themselves hey I have room to spare what can I eat and get away with it? :eek: It doesn't help that I'm a little stressed right now cause it's the kids bedtimes and my daughter God Bless her little soul will not stay in her bed! So anyway I have like 200 calories left in my day and am sitting here thinking what can I eat? Not that I really think that I'm hungry, I know I didn't make the healthiest food choices today but today was an eat what's in the house day, cause the paychecks not here yet kind of day. Anyway anyone else crazy like me? oh yeah and I quit diet Pepsi cold turkey today. No caffeine at all today! Add that to the mix! HELP!!!!!!!!!

moondustt 02-18-2010 03:26 PM

been there almost everyday

no your not going crazy I am too having a day just like that, looking for a new job, gave up ice cream (my husband had to hid all the sharp objects in the house) I think your doing a great job its hard not to give in. I just wanted to let you know your not alone

HGBilbruck 02-18-2010 04:42 PM

Thanx Moondustt,
I did wind up eating a fiber one bar but more cause I hadn't had hardly any fiber today then becasue the calories were there. I still have a bigger deficit then I expected so we'll see what tomorrow brings. Nothing if I don't go to bed soon. Good Night.Thanx again.

mambogirl81 02-19-2010 04:57 AM

Hi HG, I have been there too. My latest snack that has helped me not to eat everything, is to pop a 100 cal serving mini bag of pop corn in the micro , then melt 1Tbsp of Skippy natural p.butter and pour it over the popcorn. It has 195 calories with the p.butter I use. It is really good, and makes me feel like I am having dessert. Wash it down with a big glass of water, and you should be full, or at least not starving :)

Gibby84ca 02-19-2010 05:50 AM

I think it is just as important to get all your calories in within your range, than it is to not go over your range. If you eat too little your metabolism slows down and you may hit a plateau. If you have several days in a row where you get to the end of the day and do not hit your calorie level, you will have to add a small snack earlier in the day, as calories should be spread our throyghout the day, I try to not eat at all the last 2 hours before I go to bed, but that can be a hard one to stick too!
Good job on the no caffeine, I tried it for a week once, and thought the headaches would split me in half! But I have cut down drastically.

HGBilbruck 02-19-2010 05:58 AM

Thanks for your support everyone. When I fianlly went back over everything from yesterday this morning I realized thanks to my little snack last night I hit my target calories right in the middle. I think my periods trying to sdtart a week early, what's up with that? I'm a strange cookie anyway. We'll just say it wanted to ruin the last of my vacation! I've got to try to get in some WATP today while my husband is sleeping. SSHHHH Don't wake the hubby.
Maybe if I weren't so heavy the whole house wouldn't shake! lol Thanks again!

Hill