Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/23/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/23/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/23/11

Old 05-23-2011, 04:36 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Cassie,
I did have a great weekend, thanks. I invited over some friends and had a big crawfish boil/ cook out. I was shocked that my scale came down a tad after eating all the crawfish. I'm sure I took in enough sodium to last me a month. Oh, almeeker posted a thread in the success area about posting up prgress pics. Tag, your next!
I saw that; I don't really have any "before" pics that I can upload. I've got some in photo albums, but nothing digital.

Your crawfish experience just goes to show that no matter how much you put into figuring it out, your body has a mind of its own; we can just make our best guess and learn to accept that sometimes things won't make sense . Glad it went in the downward direction, though!
Old 05-23-2011, 10:28 AM
FitDay Member

Hello everyone!

Mern, I actually like the idea of breaking it up in smaller intervals, but I really cannot use the excuse of I don't have 30 minutes to workout. I just haven't gotten my mind around it. But today was a better day! Hope you also manage a workout.

Cassie, good luck with achieving your goals this week!

Quinn, wish you success for the week! And that you enjoy the walks with your husband.

Terry, looks like you are working well through your "self sabotage", just keep writing it down until you figure it out. Looks like you kept last week loss and then some! Hope your body is recovered now.

Mike, good luck in your low carb week.

Goals

1- Maintain a 1250 weekly average.
2- Drink 3 L of water a day.
3- Exercise 5 times during the week.
4- Organize photos
5- Start and finish the report
6- Keep a clean Inbox
Old 05-23-2011, 12:01 PM
Super Moderator

MAIN80, some of your goals haunt me .

I need to organize photos and clean my inbox, too (emails, that is).

And reports are always an issue! Good luck with your goals; I may use you to motivate me to get some of them onto my list!
Old 05-23-2011, 12:45 PM
Super Moderator

thanks Main80!

Well I was doing good today but I'm been craving carbs!!! I've been good but the cravings are still there. I know in a few days the craving will go away, but I have a planned cheat on Wednesday (my New Orleans office is doing cake and ice cream for the May birthdays, seeing that that would be me and they are planning it around my schedule I kinda have to celebrate with them) so that'll probably screw things up. Other issue, just like last time is breakfast, I'm starting to hate eggs so I'm limited. I may have to start eating chicken or steak or something for breakfast. I was also reading up on that plan that I'm following and he said that green veggies are free and unlimited and you don't have to count them, so I may back them out of my log.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:51 PM
FitDay Member

Happy Monday everyone!

This week I only have two major goals because I have a lot of little personal goals that are day specific. (Ex: Tuesday: Beg for internship at MUSC)

And I'm off to an amazing start already because my week can only go up from here! I gave in to emotional eating and pushed my calories up over 2000! Granted, I know what I did wrong (I let myself get too hungry AND answered the phone when my exgf called) so I'm going take this as an opportunity to learn from my mistakes... and hope to high heaven that my body will respond as if I'm "Zig-Zag" dieting. If I cross my fingers and do 200 crunches a day will I get lucky?

On a different note: I bought stickers to motivate myself! Sparkly, rainbow colored, animal printed hearts for when I reach my weightloss goal for that week, and sparkly, rainbow colored stars for when I get my milage in! I figure that if I have a physical calender that I can put the stickers on, that it will be like high-fiving myself! Plus I need to be able to jog a 5k by the time that I get back to college in late August for crew. Win-Win!

Yeah Baby Yeah!
Old 05-23-2011, 01:03 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mhibdon
Happy Monday everyone!

This week I only have two major goals because I have a lot of little personal goals that are day specific. (Ex: Tuesday: Beg for internship at MUSC)

And I'm off to an amazing start already because my week can only go up from here! I gave in to emotional eating and pushed my calories up over 2000! Granted, I know what I did wrong (I let myself get too hungry AND answered the phone when my exgf called) so I'm going take this as an opportunity to learn from my mistakes... and hope to high heaven that my body will respond as if I'm "Zig-Zag" dieting. If I cross my fingers and do 200 crunches a day will I get lucky?

On a different note: I bought stickers to motivate myself! Sparkly, rainbow colored, animal printed hearts for when I reach my weightloss goal for that week, and sparkly, rainbow colored stars for when I get my milage in! I figure that if I have a physical calender that I can put the stickers on, that it will be like high-fiving myself! Plus I need to be able to jog a 5k by the time that I get back to college in late August for crew. Win-Win!

Yeah Baby Yeah!
don't stress over the emotional/binge eating. Just move forward. 1 pound in 1 week is good!!
Old 05-23-2011, 01:47 PM
FitDay Member

don't stress over the emotional/binge eating. Just move forward. 1 pound in 1 week is good!!
Thanks for noticing! I'm a big fan of the 1 pound per week kind of weight loss! One pound was my goal and I totally beasted it! In your face, Shark Week!
Old 05-23-2011, 01:49 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
MAIN80, some of your goals haunt me .

I need to organize photos and clean my inbox, too (emails, that is).

And reports are always an issue! Good luck with your goals; I may use you to motivate me to get some of them onto my list!
Cassie, sorry my goals are haunting you!

To me it seems I always have photos to organize and I fall in the trap of not replying to non-urgent emails quickly and then my inbox becomes work.

Let's see how it goes!
Old 05-23-2011, 01:51 PM
FitDay Member

*Monday*

Back To Discipline:
Food and Fitness

1200 calories/day 1282
Walk each day hubby is home this week (minimum 3 miles/day) 2 miles (raining)
LOG EVERYTHING! Yep. Not pretty, but it's logged.
Take multivitamin, flax and vitamin E daily Yes

Personal Baggage:

Don't let daughter push my buttons as she stresses during finals week Yes
Don't let hubby talk me into multiple restaurant visits while he's home Ate out tonight, but I saved my calories from throughout the day.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:53 PM
FitDay Member

thanks Main80!

Well I was doing good today but I'm been craving carbs!!! I've been good but the cravings are still there. I know in a few days the craving will go away, but I have a planned cheat on Wednesday (my New Orleans office is doing cake and ice cream for the May birthdays, seeing that that would be me and they are planning it around my schedule I kinda have to celebrate with them) so that'll probably screw things up. Other issue, just like last time is breakfast, I'm starting to hate eggs so I'm limited. I may have to start eating chicken or steak or something for breakfast. I was also reading up on that plan that I'm following and he said that green veggies are free and unlimited and you don't have to count them, so I may back them out of my log.
Mike,

Hang in there and resist those cravings, until cake and ice cream Wednesday of course!

Its a good thing the green veggies are free. Oh, I would have such a hard time in low carb...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.