Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/23/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/23/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/23/11

Old 05-25-2011, 08:58 AM
Super Moderator

THERE IS A REPORT CARD GOD AND HE/SHE SMILED ON MY CHILD!!

I am so happy and I'm definitely a proud mama today

Now I just need to stay away from frozen yogurt celebrations

Summer is here!
Old 05-25-2011, 09:00 AM
Super Moderator

thanks Terri & Mern.

Well I planned the day pretty well. I just logged the ice cream and cake and I'm right at 21% carbs. The rest of the day will be low carb so I'll probably be able to bring that down to 18% or so.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:58 AM
FitDay Member

Back later--gotta make some phone calls. But for now...

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Why is it that women always notice a man's eyes and yet I've never heard a man say, "WOW! Did you see that girl's eyes???" LOL
Maybe Mike knows. LOL Maybe because they're looking at her "rack" or "junk in the trunk" ?
Old 05-25-2011, 10:36 AM
FitDay Member

Terri, my daughter's best friends have always been male, too, but her boyfriend has a hard time dealing with that, even though her best friend got married a year and a half ago and now has a baby with his new wife. Soulmate/heartmate--good terms. I think they CAN be, but my soulmate is my best girlfriend. DH often hasn't got a clue to my feelings. I spent a lot of my younger life faking who I was--pretending to be someone I'm not and that often came back to bite me in the rump, kick me in the teeth, slap me in the face... Maybe I'll never know exactly who I am--maybe that changes as my life changes? I dunno--gives me a headache thinking about it. LOL Wow! I LOVE the story of how you and bf met! That would make a good chick flick on the Lifetime channel on cable TV. As the oldest member of our group, I officially absolve you of any guilt regarding your eating Mexican and Steak & Shake yesterday--you did quite well under the circumstances. And, HEY! KUDOS on no fries or shake and KUDOS for still having a calorie deficit! Way to go, Terri!

Main80, thanks. I had to force myself again today--told myself I had to get in at least one mile of aerobic walking DVD before I could eat lunch, but by the time I had one mile in I had the willpower to finish the two miles. Congrats on your calories Tuesday. Hard to do the water and exercise while traveling.

Cassie! Major congrats to you and "the boy." You certainly have every right to celebrate--maybe a small frozen yogurt if you can control yourself? I love the HE/SHE God comment.

Mike way to go on keeping the carbs that low even with ice cream and cake. You rock, man!

Last edited by Mern; 05-25-2011 at 10:38 AM.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:02 PM
FitDay Member

*Wednesday*

Back To Discipline:
Food and Fitness

1200 calories/day 1282, 1641, 1191
Walk each day hubby is home this week (minimum 3 miles/day) 2 miles (raining), 2 miles (elder care issues today), 1 mile (poor weather)
LOG EVERYTHING! Yep. Not pretty, but it's logged. Ditto. Ditto.
Take multivitamin, flax and vitamin E daily Yes, Yes, Yes

Personal Baggage:

Don't let daughter push my buttons as she stresses during finals week. Yes, Yes, Yes
Don't let hubby talk me into multiple restaurant visits while he's home. Ate out tonight, but I saved my calories from throughout the day. Ate at home all day. (except for a frozen yogurt) Had lunch out, but combined breakfast and lunch to do it.

Mern,
Thanks for my laugh for the day!!!

Cassie,
What a wonderful feeling to have a successful end to the school year! Congratulations! Our schools don't let out until June 3rd!

Mike,
How in the world do you control yourself around cake??? I'm good with ice cream, but put a birthday cake in front of me and all bets are off!!! I seriously can't have cake in the house or I won't stop until it's gone.
Old 05-25-2011, 04:33 PM
Super Moderator

Nice job with cake, Mike, and good on you, eating out for lunch, Quinn. Sounds like two days in a row you were out of your usual lunch (and lunch calories) routine, but you handled it!

Two miles, Mern, when you didn't want to do any . Most excellent work today!

MAIN80, looking forward to that story when you get it. Sorry you're out of your routine also; you'll snap back in soon.

I kinda tanked at the end of the day. I ate way more than planned but I can honestly say that every time I ate today, I was growling-tummy hungry. I am taking a small victory that I kept it below what I burned (not by much) and didn't go off on an all-out face-stuffing fest. Baby steps.

1. Calorie limit of 1300/day, one day exception. 1307-close enough, 1296, 1658
2. Drink 64 oz. water daily. Yes, Yes, Yes
3. Exercise 7 times. Tennis match, Cardio tennis, Treadmill run
4. Sleep 7 hours a night. 6.5, 7, 7-by golly 2 in a row!
5. Journal situation and mood and related thoughts while eating. Yes, Yes, Mostly

6. Get teacher cards and gifts sent out. Yes
7. Choose end of year gift for the boy. Yes
8. Second coat doors in office. Yes
9. Family room trim done by end of weekend. Not yet
10. Smile more, bitch less . Woohoo, no bitching at all today! Little bitchy w/Mr. Impatience at the oral surgeon's office, Just a tiny bit trying to get him out the door this AM
Old 05-26-2011, 02:33 AM
Super Moderator

Mike: Awesome job on the cake and ice cream! I hope it was delish.

Mern: I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who had trouble settling into their own skin! I think I've been wrapped up in others' expectations for a long time. There are few things I felt "in control of" -- and instead of going one way and being SUPER in control of my body, I went the other way and let it go, simply because I could. Weird the things we do to ourselves!

Haha, I don't know if our relationship is a chick flick, but thanks It sounds more exciting to write down than it was. There were a lot of moments of WHAT AM I DOING?! and realizations that I'd moved in with someone without knowing much about how he lived his life. The first three months were HILARIOUS, but luckily we're both extremely laid-back people in terms of "rules around the house" and we just went with the flow.

Woohoo! Official absolution from Mern! Thanks for the kudos. I was pretty suprised when I logged it to see that I had a deficit, and I kept double-checking to see if I'd missed something. I know it's always a guesstimate when eating out, but I'll put it in the "win" column.

Main80: Traveling is tough - you're doing well, just keep your eye on one goal at a time! Water is really hard when you're away from your "drinking routine" or so I've found - Tuesday I only drank 64 oz., which is like half of my usual because I didn't have my normal "fill up times" etc. Creatures of habit we are!

quinn: Great job on getting a little bit of walking in every day!

Cassie: WOOHOO to the report card god(s)!!! You SHOULD be a proud mama bear, I hope you had a great celebration! I think you should count yesterday in the win column!! I have those days too, where I'm just tummy-growl all day and I am like "Why am I so hungry???" but even if I have a high-cal day those days, it feels better to know I was eating TRULY because I was hungry for whatever reason, and my body needed it.

Wednesday Report Card

Food, Exercise, Lifestyle Goals:
1) Achieve a 7,000 calorie deficit through a combination of eating and exercise M: -1,501 T: -359 W: -910 (Week Total: -2,770)
2) Do not skip exercise two days in a row M: 45 minutes HIIT T: Day off W: roughly 45 mins lifting/machines (no cardio)
3) At least 120 oz. of water daily M: yes T: no W: yes
4) Weekly carb average of 50% or less M: 41% T: 46% W: 47% (Week Average: 44.6%)
5) Weekly protein average of 30% or more M: 32% T: 21% W: 20% (Week Average: 24.3%)
6) Do not eat out more than twice for lunch and twice for dinner M: Lunch out T: Lunch AND dinner out W: No eating out (Total 2 Lunches, 1 Dinner)

Other Life Stuff
1) Research Memorial Day deals - buying our first washer/dryer this Memorial Day weekend!! M: N/A until the deals are out!! T: Narrowed down to likely candidates W: No further progress
2) Make an effort on my appearance every day M: No T: yes, and got compliments all day W: yes, though brief
3) Journal or talk about my anxiety. Don't self-sabotage. M: Long convo with best friend, BF T: More talking with BF W: Journaled/talked
4) Read articles every day. Come up with summer research plan. M: No, but I did finish all edits to Book #2, so I kept my head in the science game all day. T: No W: Yes

Had a rip-raging fight with BF in the morning yesterday that started out with arguing about something silly (phone etiquette) and culminated in a really good talk. We don't often have screaming-match fights (we're both pretty mellow - even when we disagree, it usually amounts to grumbling and maybe a few scoffs, but not yelling), so I'm just glad something productive came out of it. Other than that it was a pretty mellow day. Got back to lifting weights, which I haven't in a couple weeks, and my back, shoulders, and hamstrings are feeling it this morning. It's a good thing, though. We'll see if the scale has budged at all tomorrow!

~Terri
Old 05-26-2011, 02:41 AM
FitDay Member

Wednesday report:

Calorie limit 1600 1477, 1553, 970
Calorie deficit 800 per day 1062, 986, 1569
Carbs less fiber 25g 19.1, 25, 24
Track grams & % of calories from protein: 111.9 or 31%, 142.3 or 37%, 72.4 or 31%,
Track % of calories from saturated fat (10% target) 13%, 11%, 12%
Track mg. cholesterol (300mg. target) 334.6, 61.6, 275.5

Artificial sweetener limit 1 packet per day 0, 3, 0
Sugar free candy limit 2 pieces per day 2, 0, 2

Water 64 oz. YES YES YES
Exercise 30 minutes, 5 days--no lame excuses YES YES YES
Be sure the day's custom foods in FitDay have sat fat & cholesterol listed. YES YES YES

Quinn, great job yesterday!

Cassie, you are always so encouraging. Thanks. Congrats to you on your calorie deficit and controlled eating. Two nights in a row of 7 hours sleep! Woohoo!

Last edited by Mern; 05-27-2011 at 12:35 AM.
Old 05-26-2011, 03:27 AM
FitDay Member

Terri, you're getting your mind and body on track faster than I did. At 27 I was so immature--I shudder to even think about it. It wasn't until years after I met and married DH that I realized how shallow my life had been. I deserved an Oscar for all the acting I did pretending to be someone I wasn't, though. DH still thinks I'm nuts, and he's probably right, but we won't go into that. LOL Anyway, back to you: now you're in control of your body in a GOOD way and striving to get to know the real you better. So kudos on that.

With "pre-DH" living downstairs in the same building, I could see how he lived long before we got an apartment together 24 days before we were married. We had really crappy metal doors in our old place so when I got home from work I just slipped my credit card between his door and lock--took only two seconds for my "breaking and entering." I'd have dinner on the table when he got home from work. Sad to say, but my apartment was always messier than his. Since he's retired, we share the housework.

So cool that you and Cassie both had a deficits yesterday, you with eating out and her with her hungry-growling tummy.

Last edited by Mern; 05-26-2011 at 03:30 AM.
Old 05-26-2011, 03:46 AM
Super Moderator

Default what a PITA!

I'm just waking up, I took a pain pill last night that put me on my butt. I've been having a odd PITA for almost 2 weeks. More like in my hip I guess, behind my left cheek. It feels like a nerve or something b/c it's very sharp and I feel it when I bend over or squat down. That hasn't stopped me from doing my workouts or killing the squats.

Yesterday I was able to keep my carbs to 21%. Believe it or not, what killed me was some home made vegetable beef soup that I whipped up. I think it was the carrots, corn and tomatoes that did me in. I survived the cake but the veggies killed me, how crazy is that? Besides cake and ice cream my day was clean.

Cassie, congrats on the report card God!

Quinn, The cake was decent (thank God), if it would have been better I wouldn't have been able to stop myself. Your numbers are looking go, now stay home and eat for the rest of the week.

Terri, sometimes a fight can do some good. If nothing else it helps release all the anger that's been brewing. Good job on getting back to the weights. Everything is looking good but you better get cracking on the protein. You're also reaching your limit on eating out! Maybe you should go to Quinn's house and y'all can stay home and have a nice meal.

Mern, as usual your goals are looking great. Plenty of green, I like seeing that. Keep up the good work.

Health & Fitness
1) eat clean for 6 days yes, yes, no
2) average 20% or less in carbs for the week (Will report at the end of the week. Cheat day can't be too bad to do this!)
3) drink a gallon of water a day yes, yes, yes
4) take daily:
vitamin yes, yes, yes
fish oil yesx2, yesx2, yesx2
glucosamine yes, yes, yes
5) 2000 cals deficient for the week -589, -755, -345
6) floss 7x yes, yes, no
7) Lifting workouts 3x yes, no, yes
8) cardio 3x no, yes, no
9) log food every day yes, yes, yes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.