Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/23/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/23/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/23/11

Old 05-29-2011, 03:43 AM
Super Moderator

I know this is off topic, but this is for the ones that want to smile more and bitch less.
This a old pic of when Mytsie first learned how to fetch a stick. She came running back all happy so I had her stand there while I took the picture. This is her "hurry up dad and take the damn picture!" look.
Old 05-29-2011, 06:37 AM
Super Moderator

helllllooooo.... is anyone out there?

I've decided not to lift weights today. I'm going to go lay out by the pool and maybe do some cardio. At least my day won't feel like a today waste.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:13 AM
FitDay Member

Hello!

Mike, your Sunday plans sound great! Loved the dog picture, she is giving some serious attitude!

Mern, you are green all over! You have done great all week!

Cassie, glad you could upload them in the end. Hope your willpower is carrying you throughout the afternoon! I know I need some of that too!

Terri, congrats on the jean size and the new washer/dryer!!

Saturday

1- Maintain a 1250 weekly average. 1232
2- Drink 3 L of water a day. Yes, No,Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
3- Exercise 5 times during the week. Yes, No, No, Yes, No, No
4- Organize photos. No, No,One folder down, another one, more photos sorted out, some more but I might need another week to finish this
5- Start and finish the report. Started, still at started, Did not even open the file, Again nothing, not looking good, Nope
6- Keep a clean Inbox. Sort of, decent, Yes, It's ok, it's still ok, Yes
Old 05-29-2011, 08:27 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
helllllooooo.... is anyone out there?
I'm here, not sure whether I'm doing more cursing or more painting. Thanks for the picture and the reminder to smile more and bitch less! Enjoy the pool!
Old 05-29-2011, 09:22 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by MAIN80
Hello!

Mike, your Sunday plans sound great! Loved the dog picture, she is giving some serious attitude!

Mern, you are green all over! You have done great all week!

Cassie, glad you could upload them in the end. Hope your willpower is carrying you throughout the afternoon! I know I need some of that too!

Terri, congrats on the jean size and the new washer/dryer!!

Saturday

1- Maintain a 1250 weekly average. 1232
2- Drink 3 L of water a day. Yes, No,Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
3- Exercise 5 times during the week. Yes, No, No, Yes, No, No
4- Organize photos. No, No,One folder down, another one, more photos sorted out, some more but I might need another week to finish this
5- Start and finish the report. Started, still at started, Did not even open the file, Again nothing, not looking good, Nope
6- Keep a clean Inbox. Sort of, decent, Yes, It's ok, it's still ok, Yes
Calorie average looks good! Exercising 5x a week can be a lot, you should be able to get in 3 though.
You should see Mytsie now that she's learned how to walk on a leash. She prances around like she's the queen. I did have a guy a few blocks over make a comment about me walking her with a pink leash and collar.

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
I'm here, not sure whether I'm doing more cursing or more painting. Thanks for the picture and the reminder to smile more and bitch less! Enjoy the pool!
Paint sucks, well cutting in (or whatever it's called) the trim and ceiling is what sucks.
Old 05-29-2011, 01:47 PM
FitDay Member

Mike the Mytsie pic is precious, and I'm glad you're secure enough in you manhood to walk her on a pink leash. That's sort of funny that a guy said something to you about it. Maybe you need a shirt that says "tough enough to wear pink".

Cassie it's too bad you live so far away, I actually like to paint, and I'm rather good at it too, although I usually end up covered head to toe in the stuff (which DH swears is typically a sign of a lousy painter ). The girls have a 10 foot long plum colored guitar painted diagonally across one of their pink bedroom walls, and a bunch of swirls, I painted it freehand.

Quinn, come on over I think we have 9 tubs of ice cream still, 4 for you, 4 for me and we'll split the last box of cookie dough. Deal? Worse than the ice cream are the muffins I've been working on. Do you know how many muffins you can stuff down in the name of "designing a new recipe"? Too many to count. And I just did a calculation on the last batch, OY! 210 calories each!!! I ate 3 thinking they were closer to 100 calories.

Okay so I've been way off plan for about 10 days. I've gained a few pounds, but I'm putting together a plan to get myself motivated starting first thing Tuesday morning. Earlier I downloaded a bunch of Netflix workout videos to the instant que, and I'm going to work my way through them. This is going to sound really shallow, but I got motivated earlier this evening. We went to a graduation open house tonight where I saw a bunch of the women I went to high school with. All of them were smaller than me in High School, but that isn't the case anymore...
Old 05-29-2011, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator

almeeker, if you have any good recommendations for Netflix exercise, let me know. I gave the boy that for one of his end-of-the-year nods for a job well done, and we activated it on Wednesday. I'm not sure where to start, but knowing I could do some exercise shows was indeed a factor in that decision.

Thanks for the offer; I like to paint, too, and I've done what boils down to two whole houses...but I loathe trim. I hate semigloss and I hate all the grooves in the windowsills and doorways. I would rather do ten walls to one room of trim, but that's what I've got left, unfortunately. The ceiling I did last weekend wasn't fun, either, but it's done. The only thing motivating me at this point is that I can't pick out new carpet till the baseboards are all done, and in between the age of the house, the barfing cats, and the barfing child, I sorely need new carpet!

Well, I'm at my calorie limit and still want to eat. Maybe celery will help stave it off (sure, right...). I really need to get back on track; this past week was not good for me and it's bathing suit time here .

Hope you all enjoyed the weekend so far, and do likewise with the extra day off tomorrow!
Old 05-29-2011, 02:28 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by almeeker
Mike the Mytsie pic is precious, and I'm glad you're secure enough in you manhood to walk her on a pink leash. That's sort of funny that a guy said something to you about it. Maybe you need a shirt that says "tough enough to wear pink".

Cassie it's too bad you live so far away, I actually like to paint, and I'm rather good at it too, although I usually end up covered head to toe in the stuff (which DH swears is typically a sign of a lousy painter ). The girls have a 10 foot long plum colored guitar painted diagonally across one of their pink bedroom walls, and a bunch of swirls, I painted it freehand.

Quinn, come on over I think we have 9 tubs of ice cream still, 4 for you, 4 for me and we'll split the last box of cookie dough. Deal? Worse than the ice cream are the muffins I've been working on. Do you know how many muffins you can stuff down in the name of "designing a new recipe"? Too many to count. And I just did a calculation on the last batch, OY! 210 calories each!!! I ate 3 thinking they were closer to 100 calories.

Okay so I've been way off plan for about 10 days. I've gained a few pounds, but I'm putting together a plan to get myself motivated starting first thing Tuesday morning. Earlier I downloaded a bunch of Netflix workout videos to the instant que, and I'm going to work my way through them. This is going to sound really shallow, but I got motivated earlier this evening. We went to a graduation open house tonight where I saw a bunch of the women I went to high school with. All of them were smaller than me in High School, but that isn't the case anymore...
I'm very secure but you will never, I repeat NEVER catch me wearing pink. Oh, you won't catch me driving a new VW Beetle either. No offense to anyone if your man does either but when I see a guy wearing pink or driving a new Beetle I have to ask myself "why???" Now don't get me wrong, the old school beetles are cool, I'd rock one of them any day!

BTW I don't think that sounds shallow at all, I think that's a great way to get motivation.
Old 05-29-2011, 02:57 PM
Super Moderator

My kitchen is closed! Here are my final numbers for the week.
Health & Fitness
1) eat clean for 6 days yes, yes, no, yes, yes, no, yes
2) average 20% or less in carbs for the week (Will report at the end of the week. Cheat day can't be too bad to do this!)yes - see pic below
3) drink a gallon of water a day yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
4) take daily:
vitamin yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
fish oil yesx2, yesx2, yesx2, yesx2, yesx2, yesx2, yesx2
glucosamine yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
5) 2000 cals deficient for the week -589, -755, -345, -189, -64, +650, -730 running total -2022
6) floss 7x yes, yes, no, yes, yes, no, yes
7) Lifting workouts 3x yes, no, yes, no, no, no, no
8) cardio 3x no, yes, no, no, yes, no, yes
9) log food every day yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes

Old 05-29-2011, 03:27 PM
FitDay Member

Mike, the pink leash is Mytsie's of course! She is a girl, it is "customary". I for one loathe pink and therefore have made my dog a bit of a tomboy. But if Mytsie is happy then that's all that matters. Amazing job on the 17% carbs!

Almekeer, I don't think it is shallow, we do things to feel good about ourselves and sometimes the comparisons are unavoidable. Great you have a plan for the coming weeks!

Cassie, hope you get your new carpets soon! And that the trimming is gone!

I will also call it a night since my calorie limit is almost gone

Sunday

1- Maintain a 1250 weekly average. 1244
2- Drink 3 L of water a day. Yes, No,Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
3- Exercise 5 times during the week. Yes, No, No, Yes, No, No , Yes, Thanks Mike for the motivation!
4- Organize photos. No, No,One folder down, another one, more photos sorted out, some more but I might need another week to finish this, Did not touch them
5- Start and finish the report. Started, still at started, Did not even open the file, Again nothing, not looking good, Nope, Carrying this one over,
6- Keep a clean Inbox. Sort of, decent, Yes, It's ok, it's still ok, Yes, yes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.