Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/16/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/16/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/16/11

Old 05-18-2011, 11:27 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Almeeker, "Yes, on Sunday we are nudists LOL" Wow, you must have a very open-minded pastor at church! LOL Truly, I could easily walk to my doctor's office if we had sidewalks on our busy highways--we have paved road with just deep gullies on the sides, no walking path, sidewalk or shoulder. Wow, you're doing a super job this week! Kudos to you!
I was just joking of course, we don't go to church naked and I don't think Father is going to change that, especially given that he must weigh close to 500 lbs (no joke). He's also really tall so his robes are massive, seriously they are big enough to cover a car. On Easter he wore one that was hot pink, no lie, and proceeded to joke that when it's not Easter he lends it out to a hot air balloonist.

Last edited by almeeker; 05-19-2011 at 11:14 PM.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:39 AM
Super Moderator

Default Wednesday Report

Bad day yesterday; I let the stress and the time constraints get to me. I created the perfect storm by being too busy to eat well during the day and being under time pressure at night to get a report done, so of course I ate my way through the hours of 9 till 1. The work stuff is now caught up; still out in the evenings with end of the year school and sports events, but I am hoping to get back on track and have a very clean day.

1. Get through the week. So far, so good, Still here, Barely
2. Make good decisions about eating. Fair to good, Fair to good, Not just no, but heck no
3. Exercise when time permits. No time today, Cardio tennis, Cardio tennis
4. Don't self-sabotage. Check, Check, Fail

For the most part, it was good food, just much more than necessary. Didn't even see it coming, that's what's frustrating. I think it's probably time to go back to the journal.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:02 AM
FitDay Member

Wednesday Report

Limit 1600 calories 1014, 1553, 1437
Calorie deficit 7000 for the week 1465, 1143, 1042
Carbs less fiber limit 25g 14.1, 23.9, 23
Protein: trying 100-110g--just tracking to see how it affects my weight loss 111.8g or 45%, 96g or 27%, 104g or 31%

Four servings of veggies per day YES YES YES
Artificial sweetener limit 1 pack per day YES YES YES
Sugar free candy limit 2 pieces per day YES YES YES

Water 64 oz. YES YES NO

Exercise 1/2 hour 6 days per week NO YES NO
Old 05-19-2011, 01:25 AM
FitDay Member

Main80, special congrats on your food and water so far this week! Way to go! Are you hungry with so low calories?

Almeeker, I knew you were joking. LOL on Father's hot pink robe.

Cassie, sometimes life gets in the way of doing what we know is best. Kudos to you for going over in good food for the most part. I think sometimes my protein is what saves my scale numbers from rising. Not like a jelly doughnut is cancelled out by a hunk o' lean meat, but if I went over in good food and had a good amount of protein, the scale is more forgiving. Let us know if returning to journaling helps--sounds like you already know it will.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:54 AM
FitDay Member

Don't feel bad, Cassie.

Yesterday was pretty bad for me as well for all of the same reasons... not enough hours in a day to get through the list of things which must be accomplished. I did pretty well, until the dessert table at the awards ceremony last night. No time for supper combined with an event planned over our usual dinner time set me up for a bad fall from grace. At least 20 kinds of bars, 6 types of cheese cake, chocolate covered Oreos, mini lemon and chocolate tarts... I caved. Then, when we returned home, I helped daughter with a huge, end of the year project which was due in the morning... UGH!!! Note to high school teachers... please don't assign these projects during finals!!! (Or have 3 nights of awards programs during finals.) How stupid.

Combine my lack of sleep with a class project, an awards program that ran late, elder care, the remnants of some respiratory bug, a track meet and an out of town doctor's appointment Friday (that I'm pretty stressed about and dreading) and I ate my way through the evening.

Friday will be another bad eating day as well. If I get good news at my appointment, I plan on eating at my favorite Italian restaurant. If I get bad news, I plan on eating at my favorite Italian restaurant... well, you get the picture.

...And yes, Cassie. It IS the same restaurant as last year!!! LOL I just never learn!

Last edited by quinnesec; 05-19-2011 at 01:56 AM.
Old 05-19-2011, 03:14 AM
Super Moderator

Mern: I suppose so! I had a really great doctor when I lived in MA (I miss him).. He was just a perfect doctor for me. Concerned but not overly touchy-feely, a straight-shooter without being blunt or rude, and above all he really *listened* when I told him things. He didn't assume I was a stupid patient, but rather treated me as the major person in my own recovery. He used to say "You should be your own doctor - you see me a few times a year, if you depend on me to do everything then you're going to have a really rough time of it." That really stuck with me. I realized that managing myself is the best thing I can do (with help from the experts!).

Looking forward to getting back to my "real" goals, but I'm viewing this week as a little mini-vacation to be good to myself

Mary: Go go go! Cheering you on!

almeeker: You are doing awesome this week, lady!

Mike: Great to hear (read?) that you're feeling so motivated. Sometimes a change of pace or a little break to re-focus is all that we really need.

Cassie: Aww, don't hate on yourself too much. Work sometimes takes over everything - life, sense, reason, and good intentions be darned. It's like a little monster, and sometimes you need to push through it just for the day, no matter what. It was only four hours that you were "bad" -- four hours is nothing, and you played tennis yesterday! Just let it go out with the wind and start fresh whenever you can. We're all rooting for you

Mini-Goals

1) 3,000 calorie deficit over five days W: -624 (Total -624)
2) At least 96 oz. of water every day W: yeah
3) Exercise at least once this weekend (twice ideally) W: N/A
4) Back to a normal sleeping routine - at least 7 hours of sleep each night W: yes, but I went to bed too late...
5) 5 servings of fruits and veggies per day W: somewhere between 3 and 4
6) Don't overdo it W: Eased in
7) Weigh on Friday and see if anything stuck! W: N/A

I did pretty good yesterday - my appetite is definitely back with a vengeance now that I can actually eat. I had mushy cereal again for breakfast, some chicken, rice (my old enemy is less intimidating now!) and steamed mixed veggies for lunch (cauliflower, broccoli, and carrots) and some more baked chicken with roasted red potatoes (with a light chive-butter sauce) and a ear of corn on the cob for dinner. I still need to incorporate more fruits and veggies into breakfast! I should have put fruit in my cereal. It was a lot of chicken on the day, I counted it at 10 oz., but it felt good, and I did splurge a little on the chive-butter sauce. I had had like NO fat on the day though, so I thought it was OK!

Today (Thursday) I feel like I have a little more energy, and I made sure to incorporate fruit into breakfast (I had some greek yogurt with peaches). Had a "fine" time at the grocery store yesterday -- check out what was on buy one/get one this week:

Chips Ahoy cookies
Doritos
Club Crackers
Store-brand ice cream containers.

And yes, I bought them.

However: They're not for me!!! They're for BF, and now we probably don't have to buy junk for a month for him - it's worth the saved money since the crap is so expensive. Out of all of those, the only things likely to "get" me are the Doritos. I've never been a cookie monster so the cookies won't tempt me. I like Club crackers, so since all types were fair game I bought the ones that were the healthiest (they have a multigrain/low sodium variety I don't often see, but I was in luck yesterday!). I sometimes eat crackers with a little turkey or leftover chicken right before going to the gym, and again, they're not a HUGE draw for me, so having them in the house will be ok. And I don't eat much ice cream. Even the triple-chocolate-fudge variety I bought for him.

The Doritos, however...snack-ville. BF and I both love them. He has hidden them somewhere. I went for a 5-minute walk while he hid them. I did a cursory glance around the house for hiding places I might find myself looking at in the course of the week, but couldn't find them, so I'm satisfied that I won't get into them. He's a VERY good hider.

A couple of months ago I would have dreaded having any of that crap in the house (especially the Doritos and crackers) but now I'm trying to look at it as a challenge of having the option and just not going for it. We'll see if I succeed or crash and burn
Old 05-19-2011, 03:19 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn, at least you can say you don't eat your way through dessert bars every day. This was an exception under trying circumstances. I hope you enjoy all the school programs, though. Best wishes for that out of town doctor's appointment. Big hug to ya. And enjoy the Italian restaurant. Maybe a CONTROLLED cheat? Hint, hint. Yeah, well, that's like someone wishing me a CONTROLLED cheat at a Chinese restaurant. Wouldn't happen.
Old 05-19-2011, 04:05 AM
Super Moderator

Health & Fitness
1) eat clean for 6 days yes, no, yes
2) drink a gallon of water a day yes, yes, yes
3) take daily:
vitamin yes, yes, yes
fish oil yes, yes, yes
glucosamine yes, yes, yes
4) 1500 cals deficient for the week -883, +263, -521
5) floss 7x no, yes, yes
6) good/ productive work outs 6x sort of (yoga), no, no
7) log food every day yes, yes, yes

Non Health & Fitness
8) 2 random acts of kindness no, no, no
Old 05-19-2011, 04:48 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone!
Congrats Cassie and Quinn on your fantastic performers!!

Terri, what's the name of your book? I want to look at it! You are so accomplished!!

Things have been good for me. The scale ranges from 121-124 on a weekly basis. I have eaten full fat ice cream every day for the last three days and don't feel guilty.

I have a wedding this weekend and I am hoping to eat well, only have a few drinks, and not go overboard with anything related to food/alc. This should be doable! I just need to make sure I get in some exercise in the AM...helps me stay grounded.

Field season, incubations, final grades...plus lots of weddings/bach/showers have me feeling very busy! I do love it all, even though I had a minor meltdown/bitchfest last night to Lou and told him I might not be able to go to the wedding this weekend bc I feel so overwhelmed with my incubations. Poor guy.

Yesterday I was talking to a woman who is just coming off of maternity leave and coming back to work next week 35hrs per week at the EPA, and she said "I honestly feel like I'm copping out, going to work is soooo much easier than staying home with my kids." And this woman is a super productive and publishes tons. She even cranked out a paper or 2 over maternity leave. I have honestly been looking forward to having kids partly bc I think it would be so wonderful to stay at home, but really I must be kidding myself!
Old 05-19-2011, 05:20 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) drink more water-?, eh spilled a lot on myself that I'll say, not enough 40 oz maybe
2) stretch- a little, N, YES
3) walk or gym 3x this week- N, N, GYM YES
4) eat healthier, less sugar, more veg - until dinner where I went nuts on the Chinese food and then later had cheese (both no nos for me and don't I feel it now), YES I HAD TO and lost 3 pounds of sodium and water weight according to my notoriously capricious scale, YES
5) take my supplements (they help!) YES, YES, YES

Non fitness:
1) write - a little, went to class, wrote some notes
2) meditate - YES, no, no
3) don't sucked into DD's moods_ YES!!!! got a little sucked in but tried not to show it, YES
4) be kind - Yes, for me, yesish, yes
5) listen more - ? I tried, not so much, yes?

Cassie, I am so sorry you are having a tough time; hang in there girl. You always have such kind words for everyone; I know many people are rooting for you.

I haven't been able to read all the posts. Amy, did you have tingling and numbness? Are you OK?

Mern, isn't it funny how an act of kindness benefits the giver and the receiver? I am so glad you were on the receiving end. You deserve the good you are recieving!!! You seem like the type of person who is often on the giving end.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.