Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/16/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/16/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/16/11

Old 05-18-2011, 07:51 AM
FitDay Member

Catching up:

Rebel and Almeeker, I, too, find that protein and fat at breakfast give me a better start than grains and hold off the hunger longer. Depends on how much "dietary fat phobia" a person has...

Rebel, thanks for your support. "It's always good to know that even if we're not (yet) at our goal weight, it is possible to improve overall health. And to me that's the most important thing." I agree with that 100%.

Almeeker, "Yes, on Sunday we are nudists LOL" Wow, you must have a very open-minded pastor at church! LOL Truly, I could easily walk to my doctor's office if we had sidewalks on our busy highways--we have paved road with just deep gullies on the sides, no walking path, sidewalk or shoulder. Wow, you're doing a super job this week! Kudos to you!

Julie, thanks for your kudos on my health report. Have to admit I really AM proud (and full of) myself. I did notice you were MIA and figured you were just busy. Congrats on your successful non-binge weekend. Hey, I'm no expert, but I think at your weight, especially so close to goal, splurging is perfectly OK when it prevents a binge. Great job!

4phoenix, welcome! Wishing you much success, too.

campbellj2, good monday report on health and fitness.

Cassie, "crazy days"--struck me as funny coming from a shrink. LOL Great job so far on your end. I'm having some crazy days, too--just really busy with other family things--staying on plan and exercising, but having to force myself to make time to exercise on log in here. Wow, congrats on the no cake! That's a toughie under the circumstances! Glad to read you got some frozen yogurt! Hooray!

mhibdon, as long as you try to be pretty good when you eat somewhere where you don't know the nutrition facts of their menu, that's what's important. Good for you! Best wishes on your P90X aspirations! You go girl!

Terri, I'm glad your low blood pressure is considered a non-serious condition, but I'm sure that's because you use proper management and common sense as you apply it to your situation. "...people with hypotension often have/develop hypothyroidism..." I did not know that. Thanks for your kudos on my health report. Quite sensible goals for this week--you are so right to ease back into your goals before getting sick.
Canary, thanks for you compliments on my good health report. You have good goals this week--wishing you much success--and kudos for not getting sucked into DD's moods. I had to struggle avoid that when my DD (now 34) was younger and I now have to struggle with not getting sucked into her 9 year old daughter's moods. Surprisingly, her two teenage daughters are quite easy going.
Old 05-18-2011, 12:10 PM
FitDay Member

Goals for tomorrow: 1500 Calories, 45 minutes exercise, 80 oz water; 6 cups green tea. I need to get back on track. The last week has not been good for diet or execise. Mary
Old 05-18-2011, 12:35 PM
FitDay Member

Go, Mary! You can do it!
Old 05-18-2011, 01:38 PM
FitDay Member

Wednesday Report Card

Health & Fitness Goals:

1. Eat clean and kept calories 1,350-1,600, 50 push-ups for days I'm over. 1,490, 1,598, 1,591
2. Drink 96 oz of water. Y, Y, Y
3. Exercise 6 hours. 60 min, 60 min, 70 min (total 3:10)
4. Calorie deficit of 3,500 for the week. -835, -989, -692 (total -2,516)
5. Carbs 45% or lower, Protein 30% or higher. 43c-36p, 47c-31p, 45c-32p
6. Log food and report every day even weekends. Y, Y, Y
7. Fix elliptical. N, N, YES!!!

Non-Fitness Goals:

8. Get coupon binder sorted out. N, N, N
9. Call the autobody place and change loaner car arrangement. N, N, YES!!!
10. Clean out DD's dressers. N, N, N
11. Smile more, bitch less. Y, Y, Y
12. 1 hour of cleaning in the basement. N, 10 min, N
13. Get veggie garden started, weekend project.
14. Housework:
Monday: down-stairs bathroom, up-stairs bathroom, laundry
Tuesday: kitchen, stairwell, hall, laundry
Wednesday living room, bedroom, laundry
Thursday dining room, bedroom, laundry
Friday den, master bedroom, laundry
Saturday, front porch, basement, laundry
Sunday, 1 closet, 2 cupboards.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:14 PM
FitDay Member

Almeeker, way to go on your health and fitness goals!
Old 05-18-2011, 02:45 PM
FitDay Member

Wow, I was on the receiving end of a random act of kindness just a few minutes ago. We have our cell phone turned on only when away from home and use it for only necessary calls. Until tonight we had a really old Verizon cell phone prepay plan where we paid in just $15 per month and any unused minutes were rolled over as long as we made our monthly payment on time. We had never been told, either by a human or in a voice mail or text message from Verizon that back before June 2008 a $100 prepay refill good for a whole year became available.

When I called to talk to a human tonight to be sure our new credit card number was in the monthly automatic payment plan, the rep told me about the $100 annual payment option. It was really heartwarming to me that the lady sounded as tickled to bestow me with the great savings as I was to receive it.

Last edited by Mern; 05-18-2011 at 03:07 PM.
Old 05-18-2011, 03:06 PM
Super Moderator

Mern, that's great news. I'm envious! Too bad I have to use my cell phone so much for work.
Old 05-18-2011, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator

Well I've been 2 days without doing a workout. I found a YouTube channel that I've never seen before and signed up for his Fatass to Badass program and I've been reading over everything (and was pleasantly surprised that he promotes FitDay in his program) and watching a bunch of his videos. I can say that I'm really feeling motivated. I think this little break is doing me some good. Today, my diet has been CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN. Like I said the other day, I feel like you are only as good as your last meal and maybe that's why I'm feeling so good about myself right now.
Old 05-18-2011, 03:30 PM
FitDay Member

Mike, I know how lucky we are that we really only need a cell phone for security in case of car trouble and to make only necessary calls to family members. Even at 30 cents per minute peak time and 15 cents off peak, we were spending less than $7.50 per month in minutes for many, many years so racked up a huge balance of minutes carried forward. Too bad you have such a necessary expense for work.

"Fatass to Badass" I'm really happy to read that you feel so motivated and so good about your clean eating. Keep up the good work, fella! You certainly DO have just cause to feel good about yourself.

Going to bed. Goodnight.

Last edited by Mern; 05-18-2011 at 03:33 PM.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:39 PM
FitDay Member

Wednesday

1. Keep a 1200 calorie weekly average Average 1158
2. Drink 3 liters of water per day. Yes , Yes , Yes
3. Take the dog to walk 4 times. No, No, No
4. Exercise 5 times during the week. No, No, Yes
5. Find three ways to do my hair. One down, No, Yes
6. Sort out all the things I took out of the closet. No, No, No
7. Clean two drawers. No, No, No
8. Keep a clean Inbox. Not bad, Yes , Yes

Another long day

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.