Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/16/11

Old 05-17-2011, 02:33 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks, ladies.

Quinn, wish you hadn't said the words "ice cream."

Today was busy. Just now had a snack and totaled my calories for the day and I'm sitting at slightly over 1200. And now I mourn missed cake opportunity . So fro yo may be in my future, as I'm going to be up working for a while.

Stay strong in the face of celebration, Quinn!
Old 05-17-2011, 03:24 PM
Super Moderator

Health & Fitness
1) eat clean for 6 days yes, no
2) drink a gallon of water a day yes, yes
3) take daily:
vitamin yes, yes
fish oil yes, yes
glucosamine yes, yes
4) 1500 cals deficient for the week -883, +263
5) floss 7x no, yes
6) good/ productive work outs 6x sort of (yoga), no
7) log food every day yes, yes

Non Health & Fitness
8) 2 random acts of kindness no, no
Old 05-17-2011, 03:31 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Thanks, ladies.

Quinn, wish you hadn't said the words "ice cream."

Today was busy. Just now had a snack and totaled my calories for the day and I'm sitting at slightly over 1200. And now I mourn missed cake opportunity . So fro yo may be in my future, as I'm going to be up working for a while.

Stay strong in the face of celebration, Quinn!
I think tomorrow may be my day of celebration, fingers crossed. We received a letter saying that daughter was going to be the recipient of an "Academic Honor and/or an Academic Departmental Award" at this years ceremony, but they don't tell you ahead of time for what. So, we'll find out tomorrow night. But, you're right... I generally reward with food, so I'll have to watch it.

Concert Band, Marching Band and Jazz were so wonderful for both of my kids! Here, they are a very "close knit" group, in school and out. In fact, five of the guys that stood up for my son at his wedding were old high school band buddies.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:00 PM
FitDay Member

Tuesday

1. Keep a 1200 calorie weekly average Average 1133
2. Drink 3 liters of water per day. Yes , Yes
3. Take the dog to walk 4 times. No, No
4. Exercise 5 times during the week. No, No
5. Find three ways to do my hair. One down, No
6. Sort out all the things I took out of the closet. No, No
7. Clean two drawers. No, No
8. Keep a clean Inbox. Not bad, Yes

It's been a long day!
Old 05-17-2011, 04:07 PM
Super Moderator

Sooo tired! I agree, today's been long.

1. Get through the week. So far, so good, Still here
2. Make good decisions about eating. Fair to good, Fair to good
3. Exercise when time permits. No time today, Cardio tennis
4. Don't self-sabotage. Check, Check

Well, snuck on down to have some frozen yogurt; had a scoop on top of a chocolate Vitatops..brownie sundae for 200 calories for the win. Probably not my healthiest choice, but I had a good workout today and it hit the spot and felt like a celebration (as well as a sugar rush so I can keep working on this stupid report).

Hope you all are well. Hugs if you need 'em; cheers if you're celebrating!

Last edited by cjohnson728; 05-17-2011 at 04:39 PM.
Old 05-17-2011, 05:04 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
I have this same problem, and have found that if I start the day with grain based carbs, it can and often does, spin out of control when the carb crash hits. So my advice would be to skip the cereal and try something like tuna, cottage cheese or eggs for breakfast and see if that doesn't help. On the days I go grain-less I have almost no cravings or out of control feelings. I don't go grain-less all the time, but 2-3 days/week I give it a whack.
I think this might be it. When I'm 'bad' and I have a bacon/egg/cheese breakfast sandwich I actually feel more full for much longer and like today - I didn't feel hungry again until like 1pm. So overall, I think if I get more calories, more fat and more protein in my first meal I can last a bit longer than if I have cereal and keep trying to fill up all morning. I'll have to experiment.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:29 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Rebel26
I think this might be it. When I'm 'bad' and I have a bacon/egg/cheese breakfast sandwich I actually feel more full for much longer and like today - I didn't feel hungry again until like 1pm. So overall, I think if I get more calories, more fat and more protein in my first meal I can last a bit longer than if I have cereal and keep trying to fill up all morning. I'll have to experiment.
I would be interested in hearing if it works for you too. I will warn you that after I've been grain-free for about 3 days straight, I would get on all fours to lick moldy bread crumbs off a dirty floor. So it's okay for the first couple of days, but after that WATCH OUT!
Old 05-18-2011, 12:54 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by almeeker
I would be interested in hearing if it works for you too. I will warn you that after I've been grain-free for about 3 days straight, I would get on all fours to lick moldy bread crumbs off a dirty floor. So it's okay for the first couple of days, but after that WATCH OUT!
Thanks for curing me of the munchies this morning, almeeker
Old 05-18-2011, 01:45 AM
FitDay Member

Got some catching up to do again on our thread. Hope to be able to do that today.

Report for Monday and Tuesday

Limit 1600 calories 1014, 1553
Calorie deficit 7000 for the week 1465, 1143
Carbs less fiber limit 25g 14.1, 23.9
Protein: trying 100-110g--just tracking to see how it affects my weight loss 111.8g or 45%, 96g or 27%,

Four servings of veggies per day YES YES
Artificial sweetener limit 1 pack per day YES YES
Sugar free candy limit 2 pieces per day YES YES

Water 64 oz. YES YES

Exercise 1/2 hour 6 days per week NO YES

Last edited by Mern; 05-19-2011 at 12:57 AM.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:49 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie, you are so funny! How are you? We can't pick on Amy too much she has all those kids around!!! I think she deserves a better snack than moldy bread crumbs tho!!! Somebody should invent a low carb low calorie delicious cake and serve it up to her with sparklers on it!!! And hey we should join her in enjoying it!

OK my.. er... progress thus far

Goals:
1) drink more water-?, eh spilled a lot on myself that I'll say
2) stretch- a little, N
3) walk or gym 3x this week- N, N
4) eat healthier, less sugar, more veg - until dinner where I went nuts on the Chinese food and then later had cheese (both no nos for me and don't I feel it now), YES I HAD TO and lost 3 pounds of sodium and water weight according to my notoriously capricious scale
5) take my supplements (they help!) YES, YES

Non fitness:
1) write - a little, went to class
2) meditate - YES, no
3) don't sucked into DD's moods_ YES!!!! got a little sucked in but tried not to show it
4) be kind - Yes, for me, yesish
5) listen more - ? I tried, not so much

Last edited by canary52; 05-18-2011 at 01:52 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.