Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/16/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/16/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/16/11

Old 05-17-2011, 11:35 AM
Super Moderator

Terri, are you in Florida? The seafood here in Louisiana is enough to spoil me too.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:49 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
Amy, THREE daughters. Bless you. How do you do it? How old are they?
Mern: CONGRATS! CONGRATS! CONGRATS! Bigtime. Isn't it great to get GOOD health news?
How do I do it? One very deep breath at a time, coupled with the occasional pub crawl. The DD's are 9, 7 and 4, and unfortunately a whole lot like their mom. OY what have I done? Here's the scary part, in addition to mine I watch an 8 year old boy, his almost 2 year old sister, a 7 year girl with special needs and a screaming infant. Never a dull moment.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:55 AM
FitDay Member

I have not really left myself enough calories for dinner, which is a problem. I'm contemplating going over just so that I don't wake up starving in the middle of the night, I need a good nights rest in the worst way. On the flip side I did the Bob Harper yoga for the Warrior abs this morning and every last bit of my flabby belly is on fire, come morning that's bound to be worse so I really don't want to have to do 50 push-ups in this condition. So I'm going to try and stick it out and eat after 8:00pm, hoping that can of tuna will hold me till morning. Wish me luck.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:12 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Rebel26
So yesterday wasn't that great. I brought food from home but after eating cereal for breakfast I was still STARVING, waited a while, had my yogurt - still hungry... ate some chocolate, waited a while - still hungry, and ended up eating my sandwich a bit early. So then I wasn't totally hungry when my normal lunch time came around, but an hour later I headed to the cafeteria anyway because I needed a break and had a bagel with some veggie soup.
I have this same problem, and have found that if I start the day with grain based carbs, it can and often does, spin out of control when the carb crash hits. So my advice would be to skip the cereal and try something like tuna, cottage cheese or eggs for breakfast and see if that doesn't help. On the days I go grain-less I have almost no cravings or out of control feelings. I don't go grain-less all the time, but 2-3 days/week I give it a whack.
Old 05-17-2011, 01:01 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Headed out to final band concert, award ceremony and reception...posting to hold myself accountable to report back any goodies that happen to find their way into my mouth at said reception...

Last night was the academic awards and land o' goodies. Spare me this time of year
Same schedule here!!! Music Departmental Awards tonight; Academics tomorrow and more "socials" than I can count! (Please make the cake, ice cream and punch bowls go away!!!! ) Then, add to the equation, 3 track meets and a photo shoot Saturday besides my usual weekly insanity.... ugh...

Doing pretty well with my single goal of eating clean, though... with the exception of a small dish of ice cream tonight, I think I did pretty well. The respiratory bug seems to be lifting pretty quickly, thank goodness. With a heavy-duty dose of Nyquil last night, I slept like a baby!

almeeker,

I'm going to give your grain-free breakfast a try for a few days... it makes a lot of sense to me. I'll let you know how I do.
Old 05-17-2011, 01:17 PM
Super Moderator

Default I give up. :(

I can't get motivated to do P90X. It's getting more and more difficult to bring myself to doing it. I think I'm just going to bite the bullet and join the gym. That's where I belong!
Old 05-17-2011, 01:28 PM
FitDay Member

Tuesday Report Card

Health & Fitness Goals:

1. Eat clean and kept calories 1,350-1,600, 50 push-ups for days I'm over. 1,490, 1,598 (fingers crossed)
2. Drink 96 oz of water. Y, Y
3. Exercise 6 hours. 60 min, 60 min (total 2:00)
4. Calorie deficit of 3,500 for the week. -835, -989 (total -1,824)
5. Carbs 45% or lower, Protein 30% or higher. 43c-36p, 47c-31p
6. Log food and report every day even weekends. Y, Y
7. Fix elliptical. N, N

Non-Fitness Goals:

8. Get coupon binder sorted out. N, N
9. Call the autobody place and change loaner car arrangement. N, N
10. Clean out DD's dressers. N, N
11. Smile more, bitch less. Y, Y
12. 1 hour of cleaning in the basement. N, 10 min
13. Get veggie garden started, weekend project.
14. Housework:
Monday: down-stairs bathroom, up-stairs bathroom, laundry
Tuesday: kitchen, stairwell, hall, laundry
Wednesday living room, bedroom, laundry
Thursday dining room, bedroom, laundry
Friday den, master bedroom, laundry
Saturday, front porch, basement, laundry
Sunday, 1 closet, 2 cupboards.

Quinn I would love it if you tested my grain-less breakfast theory, some feedback would be lovely.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with the P90X workout Mike. I'm starting to feel like I need to design my own workout program. Every morning I end up standing around waiting for this or that to load, and I could have been 3-4 exercises in to it already.

I'm dead tired and tomorrow looks to be much the same as today, so I'm off to bed, 'night everybody.

Last edited by almeeker; 05-17-2011 at 01:36 PM.
Old 05-17-2011, 01:37 PM
Super Moderator

No cake! No cake! I had NO CAKE! Yay!

(and I am also the proud mama of the Most Outstanding Brass Student for his past three years of middle school, so I am obviously hyper without sugar )!

Wow, what an emotional farewell evening. Gotta get to work now and not let the emotions and the stress send me into the pantry.
Old 05-17-2011, 01:39 PM
FitDay Member

Congratulations Cassie, on having a wonderful son and on your cake avoidance program. You're rocking it baby!!!
Old 05-17-2011, 02:27 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
No cake! No cake! I had NO CAKE! Yay!

(and I am also the proud mama of the Most Outstanding Brass Student for his past three years of middle school, so I am obviously hyper without sugar )!

Wow, what an emotional farewell evening. Gotta get to work now and not let the emotions and the stress send me into the pantry.
BAND GEEKS ROCK!!! (...especially brass players! )

Congratulations!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.