Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/16/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/16/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/16/11

Old 05-16-2011, 06:31 AM
FitDay Member

I'm tickled today! Just got test results back--have my pre-diabetic blood sugar down to just 104 with under 100 being normal and my A1C (average blood sugar over 3 months) is NORMAL at 5.8 (normal is 4.0-6.0). My new doc said she'd approve of my 25 net carb diet as long as my protein test came back OK and it did, too.

This weeks goals:

1600 calories
Calorie deficit 7000 for the week
Carbs less fiber 25g
Protein 100-110g or max of 35% total calories

Four servings of veggies per day
Artificial sweetener limit 1 pack per day
Sugar free candy limit 2 pieces per day

Water 64 oz.

Exercise 1/2 hour 6 days per week

Last edited by Mern; 05-16-2011 at 12:22 PM.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:05 AM
FitDay Member

Hello everybody, I just wanted to drop in and see what you all are up to. I started this thread in a rush, with a quick copy and paste from last week. It sounds like many of us had a really rough time with calories last week, and you can add my name to that list as well. I did well until Friday, and then I fell off the wagon flat on my face. It was ugly, on Sunday our middle DD made her First Communion which in my family means you have to host a little party and feed everybody massive amounts of food. Well normally when there is a need for a cake I bake and decorate it. Only this time DD was going to help me and it ended up that we needed to go shopping for a few things last minute and she saw this cake in the cooler of the bakery with beautiful roses all over it. And she was like "mom I'm getting really tired, let's just buy this beautiful cake and be done with it". And so we did. It was insanely delicious, had that whipped cream icing , and I ate like 4-5 pieces of it - no lie. Thank heavens it was so good, because now it's gone and I won't have to deal with any leftovers screaming at me.

I ate like a pig Friday and yesterday, drank no water at all just Diet Coke and beer and paid the price, all that indulgence made me feel downright sick. I was bloated and uncomfortable last night and woke up achy and tired this morning. And it occurred to me that this is exactly how I used to feel every morning, it was that sort of feeling that caused me to go on a diet in the first place. So I'm learning, albeit slowly and apparently the hard way.

Sorry to hear that you're sick Terri, I had a nasty bug like that last fall. It was awful, and I hate to say it, the 15 lbs I lost came right back on the minute I could keep food down, but maybe you'll get lucky and keep yours off. Fingers crossed for you.

Mern, way to go on all those tests results. Pretty soon your new doc is going to have you teaching classes on making lifestyle changes. You go girl!!!

Mike, I'm jealous of your trip to FL, the weather here has been pretty much what quin is complaining of, rain, damp, cold, yuck. Geez it's May, can't we get some sun already? Jealous of your Sonic experience. We have Sonic here in MI, but I've never eaten at one. We do however frequent Dairy Queen which has a Reese's Blizzard, I'm guessing it's similar?

Canary, I'm thinking about adopting your #3, don't get sucked in to DD's moods, only for me that's X3. Our oldest has been a PITA lately, whining about everything.

mhibdon, I'm liking the quote you have in your signature.

Last edited by almeeker; 05-16-2011 at 07:07 AM.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:20 AM
FitDay Member

OK. I'm starting afresh as of today.
This is my first post in the motivational thread so here goes:

1) 1200-1400 calories per day
2) Run at least 2 miles 4 days during the week
3) Workout at least 4 days
4) A limit of 1 CokeZero per day

Other goals:
1) Catch up on the ironing
2) Write
3) Take pictures

Thanks,
Jenny
Old 05-16-2011, 07:27 AM
Super Moderator

Mern, Thanks great news!!

Almeeker, yep they are about the smae, I love Blizzards as well as Blasts.

Jenny, Welcome to FitDay.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:51 AM
FitDay Member

Mern,

What incredible news! I'm so happy for you! Now, when you get discouraged and wonder if it's all worth it, you can point to your health and say that it is. Keep going... You're really inspirational!

quinn
Old 05-16-2011, 10:12 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone,

New week!

Terri, hope you have managed to keep some food down.

Mary, it is like confession, it is probably just water weight, no worries.

Mike, that Peanutbutter cup blast sounds so good. Vacations are good for that.

Quinn, best wishes for the busy weeks ahead.

Mern, excellent news about your test results!

Almeeker, its a new week and the good news is the cake is gone so no temptation!

Welcome Jenny!

Goals for the week:

1. Keep a 1200 calorie weekly average.
2. Drink 3 liters of water per day.
3. Take the dog to walk 4 times.
4. Exercise 5 times during the week.
5. Find three ways to do my hair (just recently cut it short)
6. Sort out all the things I took out of the closet.
7. Clean two drawers.
8. Keep a clean Inbox.

Old 05-16-2011, 12:10 PM
FitDay Member

Jenny, welcome! Great goals! I used to have about 2 diet sodas per day. After putting a limitation in my goals for just one per day, I THINK I changed it to one every other day (I may be wrong about that) but anyway, I now have maybe one diet pop per week. Funny you mentioned that--I started a Coke Zero yesterday and still have about 2 ounces left in that 20 oz. bottle. I'm totally over that addiction. Now I've got my artificial sweetener packet and sugar free candy addictions under control but still feel the need to report that in my goals. Best wishes. You can do it!

mhibdon, welcome back! I love the quote in your signature about the sore a$$.

Terri, wishing you and bf a speedy recovery from that nasty virus! Wow, 5 lbs. is a hefty loss from being sick!

Almeeker, I had to giggle--you get out of laundry on Sunday. Woohoo! I can't wait to scream with excitement when you lose those 1.2 lbs. to take you to 100 lbs. lost! I'm glad you enjoyed your binge this weekend, except for feeling so bad afterwards, but equally glad you're back on the wagon. So maybe you can take those lemons and make lemonade--sugar free, of course. Sometimes those binges wind up being good as a reinforcement of the knowledge of what we know is best for our bodies, eh? Oh, yeah, that would be cool--me teaching classes on lifestyle changes--peddling Richard Simmons exercise CDs and low carb diet menus. LOL Nice thing is, her office is less than a mile and a half, so I could WALK to work. LOL UHM, NOT!

Mike, wishing you a better week than the last one. Nice that you got to enjoy a vacation from your diet for just a short time and hope it won't be too difficult getting back on the wagon. How was the grouper? Does it taste similar to pollack, haddock or tilapia or is it stronger?

Myra, congrats on your renewed committment. You can do it!

Yo, canary. Welcome back!

Mary, sorry your scale yelled at you. That sodium will certainly cause that and my scale yells if I just skip one day of water, too. Best wishes on getting that water weight gain back off. I got a pleasant chuckle out of your likening FitDay to confession--sin and be forgiven. True. LOL

Quinn, very sensible approach--to just try to eat cleanly as possible in view of your busy schedule the next two weeks. OMG, never thought anyone would call me "inspirational," either! I did think about that this morning--not that I'll never cheat again, I know I will at times, but knowing what I CAN do may help me avoid at least SOME binges in the future by realizing that it IS all worth it. Thanks for your encouragement, too.

Main80, glad you're back again this week. Thanks for your encouragement. Best wishes on your goals!

Last edited by Mern; 05-16-2011 at 12:16 PM.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:17 PM
Super Moderator

Mern, the grouper was awesome. It's light, flaky & VERY mild.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:24 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks, that's exactly how I like my fish, Mike. Next time I buy fish, I'll look for grouper. Of course, I know it won't be as fresh as in Florida--I live in Ohio--hard to get really fresh fish here.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:34 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Almeeker, I had to giggle--you get out of laundry on Sunday. Woohoo! I can't wait to scream with excitement when you lose those 1.2 lbs. to take you to 100 lbs. lost! I'm glad you enjoyed your binge this weekend, except for feeling so bad afterwards, but equally glad you're back on the wagon. So maybe you can take those lemons and make lemonade--sugar free, of course. Sometimes those binges wind up being good as a reinforcement of the knowledge of what we know is best for our bodies, eh? Oh, yeah, that would be cool--me teaching classes on lifestyle changes--peddling Richard Simmons exercise CDs and low carb diet menus. LOL Nice thing is, her office is less than a mile and a half, so I could WALK to work. LOL UHM, NOT!
Yes, on Sunday we are nudists LOL, just kidding. There aren't many nudists here in MI.

And yes you could walk 1 1/2 miles. At a pace of 3mph it takes 30 minutes, which is something you do all the time in your living room, and if you're doing Leslie Sansome then her DVD has a pace of 5mph which means it would take you like 18 minutes to walk to the docs office. No sweat there girlfriend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.