Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/16/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/16/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/16/11

Old 05-21-2011, 01:32 AM
FitDay Member

Well, I found out Thursday I'm 5' tall, no longer 5' 1" so that changes my calorie deficits I've been recording for quite a while by 707 less per week because of fewer lifestyle calories burned. I'm not going to redo all my calorie deficit calculations, but Thursday and Friday are correct.

Thursday and Friday report

Limit 1600 calories 1014, 1553, 1437, 1604 (yeah, I'm calling that a GREEN number. LOL 1686
Calorie deficit 7000 for the week 1465, 1143, 1042, 991, 909
Carbs less fiber limit 25g 14.1, 23.9, 23, 16.8, 23.1
Protein: trying 100-110g--just tracking to see how it affects my weight loss 111.8g or 45%, 96g or 27%, 104g or 31%, 102.1 or 25%, 115.7 or 29%

Four servings of veggies per day YES YES YES YES YES
Artificial sweetener limit 1 pack per day YES YES YES YES YES
Sugar free candy limit 2 pieces per day YES YES YES YES 3 pieces

Water 64 oz. YES YES YES YES NO

Exercise 1/2 hour 6 days per week NO YES NO NO YES

Last edited by Mern; 05-21-2011 at 02:22 AM.
Old 05-21-2011, 02:02 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mhibdon
Any suggestions of how to remain friends with exes, yet not punch them in the face when you see them?
you don't.... or you will.
Old 05-21-2011, 02:22 AM
FitDay Member

Sort of talking to myself here, just to get my thoughts straight...

Oh, I answered my own question. I hadn't taken into consideration that my BMI is higher because I'm shorter than I thought, so that, too, affected my lifestyle calories burned and calorie deficit achieved. Never mind.

But my mini goal was to be under 200 lbs. by the end of June (which isn't going to happen) for the family reunion. The reunion was changed to August 7, so that gives me more time and is a more realistic goal anyway.

For now I'm not going to mess with my calorie and carb weekly goals or bump up my exercise. Will just see how it goes...
Old 05-21-2011, 05:35 AM
FitDay Member

Talking

Originally Posted by Mern
...The reunion was changed to August 7, so that gives me more time and is a more realistic goal anyway...
That's the spirit! Besides, now you'll have more time to pick out cute outfits and accessories too!
Old 05-21-2011, 05:45 AM
Super Moderator

Mern, You'll get there. You've made great progress thus far! Keep it up!
Old 05-21-2011, 05:55 AM
FitDay Member

Happy weekend everyone,

Terri, thanks for the words! I easily fall for the trap of I haven't been exercising during the week, so why bother now and lets try again next week. But you are right one time is better than no times. Hope you managed your Saturday morning workout.

Almeeker, 27 pushups are VERY impressive, I can't do 3 push up on my toes if my life depended on it.

Quinn, great your visit to the doctors went better than expected!

Mike, great that you are hitting the gym today.

mhibdon, sorry to hear the puppy got in trouble, I hope it does not become a big deal. And about the remaining friends with exes... I say stay away, really take your time to be apart from the person. If you were really friends before then with time you might be able to recover that, but when it's too recent I think its neither healthy nor real to "remain friends", just my opinion.., and congrats on a week of no emotional eating!

Mern, keep at it, you can make your goal!

My report:

Friday

1. Keep a 1200 calorie weekly average Average 1142
2. Drink 3 liters of water per day. Yes , Yes , Yes , Yes , Yes
3. Take the dog to walk 4 times. No, No, No, No, No, my poor dog
4. Exercise 5 times during the week. No, No, Yes , No, Yes
5. Find three ways to do my hair. One down, No, Yes , No, Done!
6. Sort out all the things I took out of the closet. No, No, No, No, half way there
7. Clean two drawers. No, No, No, No, No
8. Keep a clean Inbox. Not bad, Yes , Yes , No, No
Old 05-21-2011, 06:40 AM
FitDay Member

mhibdon,

I have to agree with Mike and MAIN80. In my opinion, although there are always exceptions, people who say that they have an awesome relationship with their ex are either delusional, lying or medicated. It's possible if neither of you are seeing anyone else, but once that happens, all bets are off.

What's up, Mern??? Losing weight in your height? LOL Just kidding! Sounds like you have a wonderful plan already in line. You're doing a great job!
Old 05-21-2011, 06:52 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
For example it may look like this for you:
27 push-ups in 34 seconds
34 second break
18 push-ups in 26 seconds
26 second break
11 push-ups in 20 seconds
20 second break
6 push-ups (by then you would have had MORE than enough)
Well I didn't figure the stop watch out, so I just counted slowly between sets up to the number of push-ups I did, meanwhile holding in downward dog to give my abs a break (did a brutal ab workout today). It was close enough for a trial anyway. I'm working on the directions to the stop watch today.

21 first set
15 second set
10 third set
5 forth set
5 more and then I almost fell on my face.

I followed that with some free weights. I don't use anything really heavy, usually 8-25 lbs, and I'm glad because I'm really starting to look like a bruiser. To help get the chin-up thing to happen I've been using a machine in the free weight area. It's a seat with pads over your thighs/knees, the weight is set with a pin through blocks, and then you pull a long bar down with your hands, sorry I don't know the name of it. Anyway I've been slowly working up to my weight, today I did 120lbs in pull-down position, but I could only do 8 of them and in chin-up position I dropped the weight to 110lbs and did about 6 more, my arms/shoulders are going to be useless tomorrow. So I figure that if I ever make goal I should be able to do a pull-up. I did find a bar low enough for me to attempt an actual chin-up and pull-up, but could not do either yet.
Old 05-21-2011, 06:57 AM
FitDay Member

Well, I got on the scale today to find that I'm about 5 lbs. up from a month ago...ugh. So, it's back to "losing mode" instead of "maintenance mode" for me for awhile. It all started with my "Cheeto binge" and kind of spiraled out of control from there. It's not showing up in the way my clothes fit, so I'm hoping it's just water weight from poor food choices.

So, I did a 4 mile hike this morning and am sticking with my goal of simply eating clean until Monday. Then, it's back to discipline before 5 lbs. turns to 10, etc.

With school wrapping up, I should be back on a better eating schedule soon. I've proven to myself, once again, that if junk is in the house, I will absolutely eat it. No doubt about it. The good news is that if I have healthy choices on hand, I'm just as happy (maybe happier) with those. So, I guess that's a win, of sorts.
Old 05-21-2011, 06:58 AM
FitDay Member

mhibdon, I'm going to follow suit and say that it's really difficult to stay friends with an ex, more like impossible, even if both of you are game. One of my ex's lives up the street, I think he and I could be friends easily enough, but his wife HATES MY GUTS, and that's putting it nicely. Does the ex know your dog? Maybe you introduce them?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.