Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/9/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/9/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/9/11

Old 05-10-2011, 07:58 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you for the welcome! So here's my report:
1. Exercise 6 days: N
2. Keep calories under 1200: Y
3. Drink 3 liters of water: Y
4. Clean my inbox: N
5. Clean the closet: N
Hope Tuesday is going well for all of you.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:03 AM
FitDay Member

Rebel, sorry your sprain took so long to heal!

Terri, I hope your boyfriend's injury heals quickly, too. Does the yellow vision mean he was close to passing out?

Not trying to divert attention to myself--my bonk on the head doesn't sound nearly as hard as Terri's bf's--and I'm probably closer than he to knowing the extent of my "head rattling," but I'm kinda scared about my doctor appointment tomorrow. I fell and hit the back on my head on the brick of my house December 17. I didn't go to the emergency room when it happened because I just got spinning vision for about 30 seconds and a lump on my head. I read on the Internet it could take two months for a hematoma to drain, but it took three months for the lump to go away. After five months I still have daily pain and a burning sensation, but I figure it must not be an emergency since I've not had any other symptoms besides that. My insurance company told me to make an appointment directly with a neurologist, but I couldn't find one who would take me without a referral from a primary care physician. I had decided to change my primary care physician, and tomorrow was the first appointment I could get, but I don't know what she can do besides order X-rays and maybe an MRI and refer me to a neurologist if something shows up. I sort of got used to the daily pain and burning, but I know something's not right. I'm hoping it's as simple as needing a needle aspiration to drain it the rest of the way and not something more serious, but I'm not real keen on the idea of a needle being stuck into my head if that's all it needs.

Last edited by Mern; 05-10-2011 at 08:57 AM.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:55 AM
FitDay Member

aww, Mern, sorry to hear about your burning sensation + doctor problems. I hope tomorrow's appt is easy for you. don't worry about needles or things like that, whatever happens will hopefully go by quickly! there is nothing your strong self can't put up with for a few moments. i'll be thinking of you!
Old 05-10-2011, 12:17 PM
FitDay Member

Tuesday Report Card

Health & Fitness Goals:

1. Eat clean and kept calories 1,350-1,600, 50 push-ups for days I'm over. 1,442, 2,477
2. Drink 96 oz of water. Y, Y
3. Exercise 6 hours. 75 min, 34 min (total 1:49)
4. Calorie deficit of 3,500 for the week. -1,135, +68 (total -1,067)
5. Carbs 45% or lower, Protein 30% or higher. 41c-37p, 48c-23p
6. Log food and report every day even weekends. Y, Y,
7. Grain free 3 days. Y, N

Non-Fitness Goals:

8. Get coupon binder sorted out. N, N
9. Call the autobody place and set up appointment. Y, DONE
10. Fix middle DD's dresser. N, 1/2 way there.
11. Smile more, bitch less and (stealing from Crimpet) instantly drop into a 2 minute plank for infractions. Y, Y&N
12. 1 hour of cleaning in the basement. N, N
13. 2 hours of gardening. N, N
14. Housework:
Monday: down-stairs bathroom, up-stairs bathroom, laundry
Tuesday: kitchen, stairwell, hall, laundry
Wednesday living room, bedroom, laundry
Thursday dining room, bedroom, laundry
Friday den, master bedroom, laundry
Saturday, front porch, basement, laundry
Sunday, Middle DD's 1st Communion Party, no time for anything else.

I did not sleep very well last night and so today I struggled with the urge to binge all stinking day. I've long been one to self medicate exhaustion with food, especially carbs, sugar and caffeine, and being sleep deprived left me with only enough oomph to do about 1/2 my normal workout. I did alright with calories through lunch, but then completely lost control and over-dosed on granola bars. It got ugly. It could have been much worse, thank heaven I didn't get into the candy drawer or make myself a pan of brownies . So I made myself come on here tonight to log and confess (normally when I fall off the wagon I wallow in self denial overnight and don't work up the nerve to log until the morning after). Tomorrow should be better, I've stayed away from caffeine since about noon, and now I'm absolutely beat. Getting to sleep and staying that way, should be easy tonight.

Cassie Mr. Screamy Pants was not here today, alleluia, that would have been beyond my sleep deprived mind. He's a part time baby, which is good and bad. If I had him all the time, he might actually be easier because I would have him on a routine and we would know each other better. I'm not really one to keep a child on a strict schedule to the minute, but I do find that some kids function better if there is a reliable rhythm to their day (and he's one of them).

Mern, now you have me worried about your doctor's appointment. Hopefully everything is alright with your noggin. Head wounds can be really scary, keep us posted.

Terri, it sounds like you're taking good care of the bf, good for you making him sit still and ice it. You probably saved his higher brain function or something. You tell him I said so.

Welcome aboard Main and rebel, this is a great bunch here.

That's all my brain can do.

Last edited by almeeker; 05-10-2011 at 12:24 PM.
Old 05-10-2011, 01:19 PM
FitDay Member

Monday:

Food and Fitness:

*1200-1400 calories. NO EXCEPTIONS! 1118
*Keep water bottle with me at all times. Y
*Clean, healthy food only! Y
*Have to make a bigger effort to walk, crummy weather or not. No time.

Personal Baggage:

*Smile more; bitch less. (Top Priority!) Y
*Balance checkbook. (Why do I hate this so much???) N
*Plan something fun for Saturday. Working on it.
*Try to enjoy a little "down time" this week, as the next coming weeks are going to be really over scheduled and stressful. No, another busy day.
Old 05-10-2011, 01:55 PM
FitDay Member

Terri,

Planning menus a week or two in advance is a great idea. I've done it for many, many years. I usually plan meals for two weeks at a time. I don't know which meal we will have which night, but I have all of the ingredients on hand. (May have to fill in a few fresh items here and there.) My BIL teases me about it all the time. "So, what are you eating a week from Tuesday???" It doesn't really work that way. I look at my list. Some things are easy to prepare; some are not. So, depending on how my day is going (and what I'm hungry for) I know everything is here and ready to go.

Mern,

I know you must be worried, but I'm sure things are going to work out. It's the "not knowing" that messes with our heads sometimes. I've got a yearly appointment at a major hospital coming up in a couple of weeks for a yearly breast cancer screening due to a strong family history that's messing with my head right now. I worry myself sick every year. This year is particularly bad because I'm very late for my appointment (months late...). It's with a new doctor that I don't want to see as my usual doctor is now with another hospital. Yuck. Let's pull together and we'll get through these dumb 'ol doctor's visits!

almeeker,

You and me, kid, in the "Sleep Deprivation Wagon"... I'm really dragging right now. I'm going to finish logging and crawl into bed. Granola bars are evil little critters. I keep a container of home-made ones on my counter for school lunches, but I dig into them when I need a chocolate fix. It could have been worse... it could have been bags and bags of Cheetos! (Talk about empty calories!!!) They were pretty tasty, though. lol

Mike,

Time to check off a random act of kindness tomorrow! I'm going to hold you to it! When my daughter leaves in the morning, I always tell her to "...do or say something nice to someone today and tell me what it was when you get home." Usually, I get a growl in return. lol Sometimes she does and sometimes she doesn't. But, at least, the idea has been planted.

Did I see something about Florida on your list? I'm jealous!
Old 05-10-2011, 11:15 PM
FitDay Member

Quinn and Terri. Kudos to you two on meal planning. I really need to do better in this department, it slips by the wayside when the kids are in sports, which these days is all the time. I go to the grocery store once a week (sometimes more) to reload on fresh veggies/fruits, bread and milk. But typically I only do a "big shop" once every 4-6 weeks. I'm a stockpiler, so there are just certain things I keep on hand all the time, which I think makes me feel like I can make whatever, but without a plan in mind it's a scattered effort at best.

Thank heavens yesterday's granola bars weren't homemade. Chewing through the wrappers on the store bought ones slowed me down a bit.

Right now I'm sitting here typing to keep myself from strangling middle DD. She's been up for more than an hour and so far she's managed to drench the bathroom in steam, use up my shower time and fight with both of her sisters. I've screamed at her at least 4 times, because speaking in a calm firm voice wasn't working at all, emotion coaching be damned. I've also threatened to take her to school wearing her damp bath towel since she can't seem to get dressed on her own and she too old for me to dress her. In addition to all that she neglected to get her homework finished last night, in spite of the fact that I told her to do it at least 6 times. Motherhood is making me gray this morning.

Last edited by almeeker; 05-10-2011 at 11:25 PM.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:27 PM
FitDay Member

Default Report card for Tuesday

Good morning Everyone!

I had a fabulous Tuesday. It was a gorgeous sunny Spring day here in beautiful Montreal and I had a glorious run in the morning to start my day. I was productive, and ate a delicious chicken salad that I made myself at lunchtime. It was really good! I had slivered almonds in there, cucumbers, cranberries, grated carrot, mixed greens and a carrot/ginger dressing. Delish!

Quinn, Almeeker, I'm hoping you two got a better night's sleep last night. I hate it so much when I'm drowsy all day and it certainly increases the cravings for carbs BIG TIME.

Terri, thanks so much for the warm welcome. It feels so good to be back. Now of course I'm just kicking myself for having stayed away as long as I did. As for your BF's injury, ouch. That sounds brutal but you certainly did the right thing by icing it. Also thanks for sharing the experience you had with your childhood dog, Jake. It's hard not to have regrets in a situation like that. My vet was intimating that Chico was too old to go through chemo and radiation, if needed. The way I feel is that if Chico is still happy and eating and enjoying his days, then I will do whatever I can to keep him alive. I just don't want him to suffer so if his cancer has spread, I will be facing the the same decision your family faced. With a 14-year-old dog, it's tough because if he must suffer through a couple of months of chemo to add less than a year of life, it's not worth the torture but if it can add a year or more maybe it is. For now, he is still really joyful and playful and enjoying his life and I am really really grateful for that!

Mern, dear Mern! Sorry to hear about your head pains. I sure hope it's nothing serious but please keep us posted. I will be thinking of you all day!

Rebel, just wanted to welcome you and tell you that I am impressed that you were able to log everything yesterday even though you had an unplanned munchy day. Good for you!

My goals for the week:

1. Eat between 1300-1500 calories per day: NO (1068) YES (1429)
2. Keep carbs at 35% max: YES 34% YES 32%
3. Take my multivitamin: DONE! YUP
4. Drink 10 glasses of water per day: DID IT! YES
5. Run 3X this week: 2 DOWN!
6. Circuit training 2X this week
7. Spin class 1X (or more) this week
8. Sleep 7 hours per night: YES YES
9. Log all my food daily: YES YES
10. Take a walk after dinner 3X or more: 1 DOWN

Last edited by mtlgirl; 05-10-2011 at 11:32 PM.
Old 05-11-2011, 02:38 AM
Super Moderator

Terri, good luck in the meeting. You are doing great on your goals but what's holding you back on the fruit & veggies? I know I mentioned this to Cassie and it was a 'no go' but do you like V8 juice? IMO it's a great way to get in a couple servings of veggies. Add a little vodka, a bean, some hot sauce and you have an awesome drink.

Health & Fitness
1) eat clean for 6 days yes, no
2) drink a gallon of water a day yes, no
3) take daily:
vitamin yes, yes
fish oil yes, yes
glucosamine yes, yes
4) 1500 cals deficient for the week -742, +639
5) floss 7x yes, yes
6) good/ productive work outs yes, yes
7) encourage/ push the next person to post oops, I forgot

Non Health & Fitness
8) 2 random acts of kindness no, no
9) post a YouTube update yep

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 05-11-2011 at 02:50 AM.
Old 05-11-2011, 03:20 AM
FitDay Member

Progress for Tuesday:

1. Enter foods for *every* day, including the weekends. - Yes
2. Keep calories under 2,000 - No
3. Physical therapy for my wrist 3x/day - No, stretching 3x, weights 1x

Tuesdays and Thursdays are rough because of class. I managed to log everything but I went over my calories - grabbed a chicken ceasar salad wrap (with fruit!) between work & class. I think it was a healthy choice, it was just twice as big as I needed, but didn't a way to put half of it away so naturally just finished it up. =/ Also, I only had about an hour and a half between class & bedtime so I did my wrist exercises once... but didn't think doing triple reps all at once was what my doctor had in mind.

I'm going on a date tonight, so that should be interesting, I'll have to kinda keep it light during the day so I have a little more leeway at the restaurant.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.