Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/9/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/9/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/9/11

Old 05-10-2011, 02:36 AM
FitDay Member

Sorry to hear you had a rough night quinn, I did too, but mine was self inflicted. I keep forgetting that the Crystal Light peach tea has caffeine. I drank it all day yesterday and then I couldn't get to sleep - go figure. What sort of fire alarms do you have that can be set off by lightening? I've never heard of that before.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:47 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Sorry to hear you had a rough night quinn, I did too, but mine was self inflicted. I keep forgetting that the Crystal Light peach tea has caffeine. I drank it all day yesterday and then I couldn't get to sleep - go figure. What sort of fire alarms do you have that can be set off by lightening? I've never heard of that before.
They were installed during the construction of our house... hardwired into the electrical system. They occasionally will go off (just long enough to wake you up and run down the hall ) if there's a power surge or severe electrical storm. Don't know why. They went off prior to the loss of power. Once the power went out, then the batteries kicked in until they died and started chirping. I came very close to ripping them off the ceiling last night!!!

Last edited by quinnesec; 05-10-2011 at 02:53 AM.
Old 05-10-2011, 03:02 AM
FitDay Member

Ahhh, hardwired that explains it. My parents had theirs go off from a lightening strike, but that particular strike hit the house and fried a bunch of electrical appliances which in turned smoked enough to set off the smoke detectors.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:09 AM
Super Moderator

Rebel26: Welcome!

Rose: Welcome back! I'm glad that Chico recovered from that attack - I remember you writing about it! So horrible! - I hope that the surgery on the tumor goes well for your little guy, and I'm glad that they're deciding to go ahead on an elder statesman as he is My childhood dog, Jake, got urinary cancer when he was 14. We wanted to treat him, but the vet was against it given his age, and thought it was better to "just say goodbye." My family regrets not getting a second opinion to this day. I guess it's a hard decision. I'll be thinking of you and Chico!

Mern: Maybe so - I think it's also my home computer. We've got it set up to be pretty high security and sometimes it has trouble with internet sites that want a lot of cookies like fitday does. My work computer never has the forums issues.

Luckygirl: How exciting, a wedding! Wishing you luck and the least stress possible!

Mike: Happy belated birthday!!!

Main80: Welcome!

almeeker: I'm like you, I needed an event of knowing I'll be seen AND need to look nice (best friend's wedding). Nothing else quite gives me that motivation - you know you can find a plan that works for you. You're so inspirational, you'll do it!

quinn: Sheesh, sorry about your rough night! I'd have been insane!

Monday Report Card

Food, Exercise and Lifestyle Goals:
1) Achieve a 3500 calorie deficit from food alone M: -784 (Week Total: -784)
2) Exercise 3x this week (health depending) and record exercise deficit here M: N/A
3) Achieve a 30% protein average for the week M: 27% (Weekly average 27%)
4) Carbs at or below 50% average for the week M: 44% (Weekly average 44%)
5) Five servings of fruits and veggies a day M: 2
6) Drink a gallon (128 fl oz.) of water daily M: No (120)
7) Report here each and every day M: Day after
8) No takeout food at all (exception: lab meeting always has pizza. I can't avoid this) M: No takeout

Other Life Stuff:
1) Handle stress directly and appropriately M: Yes, and I felt so professional!
2) Work on my embroidery for at least five hours M: No
3) Do not weigh all week, until next Monday M: Avoided scale
4) Try two new recipes M: No
5) "Smile more, bitch less" M: Yes!

I had a jam-packed day yesterday -- there's been some stress in the lab that has to do with how it's being managed by "the big boss" (aka the Principal Investigator) in terms of grant-writing and credit for experiments. It's definitely a lab-politics and ethics problem that I won't get into here, but the bottom line is that it fell on me (appropriately, I think it's part of my job) to take the first steps to bridge the gap in the issue, and I think that's been done, though it involved a lot of back-and-forth. It's a delicate thing, but meetings are being set up to discuss details and clear the air, and that's always a positive sign. So much happens because there's improper or one-way communication, and it's so easy to be offended, take things personally, or get emotional. I'm hoping to avoid a lot of that.

BF also had a scary work accident yesterday - he basically hit the back of his head/neck hard into a hitch setup on the back of a pickup truck that had been raised to rotate the tires. He got woozy and was seeing yellow haze, got sent home early. I went home to take care of him and make sure that his noggin was ok - there's some swelling on his neck and pain that was creeping forward on his head and down his arm, but I think that his brains are intact! It sounds like he just maybe hit some of the nerves in the back of his neck, giving a tingly sensation that faded with time. He kept telling me it was no big deal, but I kept ice on it and made him sit, and he went back to work today, even though it still looks swollen and he had a really rough time sleeping. Men are funny creatures - when they're injured, they tend to shake it off as if it's nothing, but when sick, it's like the world is ending! I'm trying not to worry. He's being a dear though, and texts me every once in awhile to let me know he's alive and soothe my worrying nature

Need to go grocery shopping tonight. I have a list and a plan of attack and a whole week's worth of meals planned out! I want to make that a new habit, since I'm sooooo slacker-ish on it usually. LET'S DO THIS!

Happy Tuesday all.

~Terri
Old 05-10-2011, 04:33 AM
FitDay Member

Monday report:

Calorie limit 1600 1398
Calorie deficit 1037 1298
Carb less fiber limit 25g 16.5
Protein goal 120g 148.5
Veggies four servings per day YES

Limit 1 packet artificial sweetener per day 1
Limit 2 pieces sugar free candy per day 0

Water 64 oz. YES

Exercise: 1/2 hour per day YES
Old 05-10-2011, 04:39 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome, Myra and Main80. We're always happy to have new members with whom to share this journey to better health.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:49 AM
Super Moderator

Terri, I'm glad you BF is ok. Head/neck injuries are scary, especially, I imagine, to a neuro person . Glad his vision cleared up, and hope he continues to improve, tough guy that he is!

Quinn, sorry about your rough couple days and last night. Insult to injury, it sounds like. Maybe you need a new "default" gift for holidays so the kiddos won't come bearing cheesy goodness. I was also out of control on Sunday. I'm working on filling in the journal this week because I can figure out why I keep sabotaging myself. It's very frustrating and disheartening.

Julia, I agree with your point of view. I think it's healthy to make a decision to be bad, but the key is to stop it before it gets too out of control. When you figure it out, let me know, okay?

Mern, good start to the week. Good to see you

Almeeker, you know, sometimes when you get a plastic spoon with frozen yogurt or something, you can fool yourself into thinking the taste stays on it. Maybe that would be a better option. Good luck with the loud guy today.
Old 05-10-2011, 05:05 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Cassie,
this weekend I'm heading to a bridal shower in PA and I'm also meeting friends in DE, so I know there will be lots of unhealthy food and alc. My plan to manage this is to allow myself to splurge on Saturday and to know that this entire week. I can still eat small treats this week, but really Saturday will be when I splurge. I hope to not go overboard.

I hope that by allowing minor treats throughout the week, and having this one day to look forward to and not feel guilty about will bring me success of not binging, even if I do go over my daily calorie allotment. I am really unhappy when weight issues become super stressful for me, that is not how I want to live! I'm working on finding a balance between splurges (not binges) and eating healthy--basically, how to make this "lifestyle" less stressful and emotional.

Also, I keep remembering that weight gain isn't permanent, I don't need to make a huge fuss over it. There are tons of wonderful things about my body and my life that are not related to gaining 2 lbs!
Old 05-10-2011, 05:31 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the welcome! I did actually sprain my wrist a while back and it just hadn't healed on it's own so now I'm doing PT in hopes of getting it back to 100%.

Progress for today:

1. Enter foods for *every* day, including the weekends. - Yes
2. Keep calories under 2,000 - Yes
3. Physical therapy for my wrist 3x/day - Yes!

Yesterday was a bit tricky, I left work early to pick a friend up at the airport and did a lot of munching with no real planned meals, but I'm pretty sure I got all of it logged in and still stayed under 2,000.

Today I have class so I'm out of the house from 7am - 9pm. I've packed a healthy lunch but will have to pick up dinner between work & class. It's really hard to find something yummy, portable & an appropriate number of calories at the cafeterias here. =/
Old 05-10-2011, 07:51 AM
Super Moderator

I've been super busy and haven't had a chance to read anything in here.

Health & Fitness
1) eat clean for 6 daysyes
2) drink a gallon of water a day yes
3) take daily:
vitamin yes
fish oil yes
glucosamine yes
4) 1500 cals deficient for the week -742
5) floss 7x yes
6) good/ productive work outs yes
7) encourage/ push the next person to post oops, I forgot

Non Health & Fitness
8) 2 random acts of kindness no
9) post a YouTube update yep

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.