Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/2/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/2/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/2/11

Old 05-05-2011, 03:42 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Almeekr, congrats!!! If you need a red dress, let me know.
Thanks, cause I'm gonna need a red dress. I promised jjeand that if she posted a pic of herself in her new red dress I would post one too. And well I only own 4 dresses, 2 are black and 2 are green. I did go shopping for one but came home empty handed.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:59 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by almeeker
Thanks, cause I'm gonna need a red dress. I promised jjeand that if she posted a pic of herself in her new red dress I would post one too. And well I only own 4 dresses, 2 are black and 2 are green. I did go shopping for one but came home empty handed.
If y'all post them up I'll post up a girdle pic.
I'm afraid to post pics now after Michael posted his pics. That dude is amazing!
Old 05-05-2011, 04:10 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jjeand
Congrats almeeker!!! You are my biggest inspiration on here. Everytime I think I can't do this because I've got too much on my plate already, I look at you and realize it can be done.

Today is my oldest daughter's 18 birthday. I'm sad and happy and amazed it's here already. How the heck did this happen?! We'll be out to a Mexican resteraunt tonight - something of a tradition since her b-day falls on Cinco de Mayo. Sent her a Willow Tree Angel and a balloon at school. She graduates in 16 days. Now I'm gonna sit here and cry. Two grown, two to go.
My daughter is 18 and graduates on Saturday, I turn 40 on Monday. I know the feeling. I think 'damn she's growing up, does that mean that now I have to?'
Old 05-05-2011, 04:19 AM
FitDay Member

My daughter is 18 and graduates on Saturday, I turn 40 on Monday. I know the feeling. I think 'damn she's growing up, does that mean that now I have to?'
Ugh... you guys are still pups! My oldest is 27 and I have no plans to grow up any time soon! I'm in better shape now and I plan on taking advantage of it! As a matter of fact, I would venture to say that I'm probably in better physical condition (BP, BMI, weight, etc.) than my oldest son. (Don't tell him that!) I think I'm just too dumb to know that I'm old! LOL

Congrats on both of your graduates, by the way! A time to celebrate, for sure!

Last edited by quinnesec; 05-05-2011 at 04:55 AM.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:20 AM
FitDay Member

CONGRATULATIONS ALMEEKER!!!

You are wonderful and riding out all the waves! Glad to hear you busted through the months long plateau!
Old 05-05-2011, 06:26 AM
FitDay Member

Almeeker, congrats on the scale moving again. I'm thrilled for you and am joining in the happy dance.

Terri, thanks for your encouragement. Looks like you're rockin' it this week. Keep up the good work! Wasn't TMI on the boobage for me--I'll bet Mike liked it. (giggle, giggle) At age 64 I reserve the right to bitch any time I want to--it's a retirement perk, you know. LOL

Jjeand, some of those milestones with our kids are hard to swallow, but then with time your life gets better and better--especially when grandkids come along and you hit retirement age. Chin up--the best is yet to come.

Mike, I can't tell Cassie where her head could have been--she's too much of a lady. Maybe Quinn could do it--she's bold like me.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:48 AM
FitDay Member

"Jjeand, some of those milestones with our kids are hard to swallow, but then with time your life gets better and better--especially when grandkids come along and you hit retirement age. Chin up--the best is yet to come."

I agree. When our kids become adults, it's a little aging and scary at first. And a little sad when they go to college, or whatever. But that is quickly replaced by a little extra spare time, less drama and "You're coming home AGAIN???" (...usually to do wash )
Old 05-05-2011, 07:01 AM
Super Moderator

If y'all post them up I'll post up a girdle pic.
I'm afraid to post pics now after Michael posted his pics. That dude is amazing!
Dang, if I find a red dress, will you do a girdle pic?

Do we have a thread where all pics can end up?

Only as old as you feel, y'all...I hear that 50 is the new 30. I'm in better shape now than when I was a teenager, and I'm determined to enjoy it!!
Old 05-05-2011, 07:05 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Dang, if I find a red dress, will you do a girdle pic?

Do we have a thread where all pics can end up?

Only as old as you feel, y'all...I hear that 50 is the new 30. I'm in better shape now than when I was a teenager, and I'm determined to enjoy it!!
yeah y'all I'll do it.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:37 AM
Super Moderator

I actually kind of like the red dress (or red shirt, or red shoes, or red leather pants) idea...sort of like the American Heart Association has the "wear red" day for women's health awareness every year. Maybe I need a picture wearing red on my fridge to remind me to make good choices when I open it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.