Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/2/11

Old 05-03-2011, 01:11 PM
FitDay Member

Just back from first zumba class. I 1/2 hours of moving - hope I can move tomorrow! Did well on the food intake -- holiday weight is on it's way off. If only the sun would shine in Ontario!
Old 05-03-2011, 02:27 PM
Super Moderator

Still early, I may eat more, if so I'll adjust my numbers.

Health & Fitness
1) Gal. of water a day yes, yes
2) workout 6 days yes, yes
3) 1000+ cals deficient for the week -172, -248
4) eat clean yes, yes
5) only 1 cheat meal no, no

Non Health and Fitness
6) do Business drop-ins 1x no, yes
7) make money no, nope
8) do 3 random acts of kindness yes, no

I did my workout today but wasn't able to finish. Plyometrics kills me. Some of you may remember me posting about an issue I have with my heat rate getting elevated, Plyo is a killer so I did all I could safely do today.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 05-04-2011 at 02:08 AM.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:45 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by lnbrock
OK, I'm going to apologize in advance, but the previous 2 weeks have been really bad in terms of health/fitness goals, and I've been really riled up by someother comments this morning, so here's my Monday morning rant and cry for help....

So, back-track to April 15th-ish...I was all on board with the "sign in and post over the weekend" challenge, and had had a pretty good week, all things considered. Then Saturday morning, we got news that bf's grandpa had passed away, and also that bf's family cabin was flooding, and we needed to go home. So, we packed ourselves into the car and went. We had already planned to go home for Easter, but this added about 5 days onto our trip. Problems?: #1 - McDonalds on the drive to home, because it's the most accessible roadside option...#2 - since they weren't doing a full funeral service, they instead planned a family gathering at home...which meant they needed food...which meant that I was requested to bake...which led to eating a lot of cookie dough and cookies all week. #3 - it was Easter as well as mine and bf's birthdays...so there was Birthday cake and Easter treats to be had.... I tried to work out at bf's parents' home gym...but only made it twice, which was not enough to negate all the garbage I ate. I came home about 3 lbs heavier.

Week #2: I only got one day back at work before I had to fly off to a conference. I had to go WAAAAY east, so my internal clock was (and still somewhat is) very screwed up. And of course, you get the standard conference food with that - continental breakfast (which is OK) and wraps/sandwiches, etc. for lunch...so making good choices was only so-so, simply because you don't know what's in the food, portions, etc. Dinners were on my own, and on the Atlantic coast you HAVE to have seafood, so I indulged in lobster and fish a lot. No problems there - pretty healthy actually. The problem? - I decided it was also a good idea to indulge in other ways: dessert and snacks. Saturday, I came home another pound or so heavier.

And this morning, what a gem. For anyone who was following my story from way back, I am a former professional cheerleader, and had recently tried out for a team in my new home city. I didn't make it, and requested that they provide me some feedback as to why. They dodged my question for weeks, but finally, after I had left them alone and assumed they weren't going to respond...they did. But I wish they hadn't. The reasons they provided me were completely illegitimate, and are just a cover-up for what they legally can't say: they thought I looked too heavy. They spun me some story about not smiling enough, needing to work on my cardio, and not being quick enough to learn the choreography - maybe I should take some more class? Yeah, right. I'm a former professional dancer and teacher, I take class several times a week as it is, I work on my cardio every day (minus the past 2 weeks, hah!)...what a lame story to tell me.

So...I'm beginning this week up a bunch - almost 5 lbs to be exact - from where I left off, and in a bad mood to boot. Might have to take up kickboxing or something tonight, just to pretend that I'm doing some real physical damage to these ridiculous people....ha! And, if you have followed all the way through this rant...thanks! - it was more just to get it all out e-verbally than to have anyone sympathize with me, but maybe it was an entertaining story too?!

Goals for the week:
#1 - log all foods every day - since I've been away from Fitday for 2 weeks, this should be a challenge enough
#2 - follow my nutritionist's advice. The consult I had mentioned before went quite well, and the biggest/easiest tip I took away in terms of food was 1 thing from each food group for each meal.
#3 - WATER!!!!! - 2 big blue bottles every day.
#4 - get back in the gym! 5x this week.

Non-fitness goals:
#1 - catch up on work email...sigh.
#2 - smile more, bitch less - I know this has been on other people's goal lists for awhile, and I have never felt I needed it...but I do this week! We'll start here! -
wow I can't believe I missed this one. I must admit... with all the cookie dough eating going on I'm a little jealous. Don't beat yourself up over the gain, it'll come right back off.

Originally Posted by traceymc1985
Hi everyone
After months of slacking off and not doing things properly- resulting in 1 stone of weight back on (that is so hard to admit) im back to basics and determined to reach goal.
Although im not happy with the gain im not going to get don about it and im just going to focus on what i know is needed for me to feel better again.

1st week goals are
# I will take advantage of the warm weather and walk as much as possible
# I will discipline portion sizes
# I will drink more water
# I will try and recognise hunger/satisfaction levels
# I will not eat family leftovers
# I will not eat out of boredom/stress
# I will stay positive
# I will have 1200-1400 cals a day-although i am new to calorie counting and not sure yet how many is right for me. Ive lost all my weight previously with weightwatchers!

Tomorrow is my sons 8th birthday and we are having a small family tea party at my parents (just 2mins away) an i am going to prepare a healthy pasta salad for when we get home for my main meal. This should help me stay clear of birthday cake and other bad foods. As the weather is going to be nice i think i should stay in the garden where the food isnt staring me right in the face!!

Tracey
welcome aboard Tracey. Staying busy and away from food staring at you can make things easier.

Originally Posted by kayvery007
1. Start each day with yoga and 10 minute Carb Killer workout (Love netflix!!!).
2. Water, water and more water....3 liters a day!
3. Work up to 20 minutes on eliptical machine by end of week.
4. Increase treadmill speed to 4mph with at least 5% incline for 30 minutes.
5. Make it to at least one fitness class during the week.
6. Focus less on weight and more on the inches being lost.
7. Keep the house clean--with two kids under 5 and less than a 1k sq ft, it's a battle.....
8. Stay caught up on laundry.
9. Be more patient.
10. Take ten minutes of personal quiet time every single day.
11. Work on eliminating negative people in my life.
12. End the day with yoga.

I am so happy I found this site! Getting on here and having a sense of accountability is a big help.

Mike--While I don't know you, what you are doing for that client is amazing! It goes above and beyond in the game of life

Terri-- I am 29 and have arthritis in my spine btwn my shoulder blades (genetics and 8 yrs of EMS) and doing yoga has been the best thing ever. If you have netflix, there are a lot of yoga videos available for instant viewing

Cassie--I try to pick up at night like quinnesec mentioned; I just get all the toys up and kind of pull it together. That way in the morning, everything is ready for the vacuum and the mop.

As for me....I managed to get up to 15 minutes on the elliptical, although I skipped the treadmill afterwards. My legs were jello and images of me flying off the treadmill kept running through my head lol I started and ended my day the way I wanted, got my quiet time (even if it was in the sauna at the gym), drank my water, kept the house clean, conquered Mount Clothesmore (which is already ready to be conquered again), and am working on patience and eliminating negativity.
thanks! It looks like you have some very strong goals going for the week!

Originally Posted by Mern
Sucky start this week.

Monday report:
Calorie limit 1600 1527
Calorie restriction at least 1037 952
Carbs less fiber limit 25g 30.4-over by a low carb flaxmeal muffin and NM peanut butter
Protein target 120g 106.5

Really watch the sodium this week NO
Limit one artificial sweetener packet per day 0
Limit one piece sugar free candy per day 2

64 oz. water YES

1/2 hour exercise NO

Stock up on low carb veggies DONE
Look for some new low carb veggie blends or recipes DID BOTH
Mern, Mern, Mern look at all the green you have going on. It could be much worse. Keep pushing and keep your head up.

Originally Posted by Kumochi
Just back from first zumba class. I 1/2 hours of moving - hope I can move tomorrow! Did well on the food intake -- holiday weight is on it's way off. If only the sun would shine in Ontario!
I've heard that Zumba is a good class. Have fun and I hope you can move tomorrow.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:58 PM
FitDay Member

almeeker,

The dress that you described wouldn't have been a problem for our daughter to wear to Prom as her father wouldn't have let her within 20 feet of the door in it! I've always been really lucky in that she's a total hoodie/ponytail girl... kind of modest. I attended the "Grand March" at our school as she was on court and, I have to say, the dresses were really beautiful... nothing overly sexy or suggestive. To my surprise, some of the dresses were very short, but classy. Hers reminded me of something from a 40's movie; simple, straight, red satin skirt, a little tiny train on the back and very glitzy halter top that criss-crossed in the back. (Think Roger Rabbit...lol)

...and, if I may have one minute of total pride, we received word today that she was awarded one of the scholarships that we applied for about 7 weeks ago; to study environmental science/engineering this summer on a large schooner sailing on the Great Lakes. The scholarship is for young women entering careers in Environmental Science/Biology. I'm one happy mom tonight!
Old 05-03-2011, 03:10 PM
Super Moderator

that's awesome news Quinn!!!
Old 05-03-2011, 03:34 PM
FitDay Member

congrats to your daughter, Quinn!!!! that is awesome! I think I'm also excited bc I love Envi Sci and I want to be on schooner in the Great Lakes this summer! She will have a blast. Is she a junior or senior in high school?
Old 05-03-2011, 10:14 PM
FitDay Member

Another quick one, as I need to get some more distance between myself and the kitchen ASAP, sleep deprivation and stress are definitely not helpful in selecting nutritious food, and mybrother has so much junkfood in the kitchen since it's all he eats. He's 32, and I have to hide vegetables in his food as if he was 5.

Mike,
if the "girdle" fails, I have a corset you can borrow - genuine black leather, part of last year's Halloween costume, proper tight-lacing
Seriously tho, it feels like body armour and was central to my Vampire warrior costume. I rather enjoy playing up the fangs.

Quinn,
Congrats on your DD's scholarship, I'm sure she'll have a great time, and the dress sounds gorgeous, I'd love to see it. I've designed and made a few ballgowns and cocktail dresses so I probably have more appreciation for these things than most of my cotemporaries who think they just magically appear on racks in clothing stores.

Kumochi,
I'm hoping to do some Zumba soon when I find a local class, I've heard good things about it. I hope you're not too achy this morning, and I hear you on the sun, kinda - we've had sun for the last 12 days, and it's forecast for tomorrow. I've worked the last 12 days, not by choice, and am working tomorrow, too. Friday will be my first day off in 2 weeks - and the forecast is RAIN. Wonderful.

Almeeker,
Hearing about *that* dress and the lack of undergarments makes me cringe. It also makes me sad. People lament the rise in assaults on young women and indeed girls, and some of those who dress them like that whine the loudest, and yet it's "attire" like that dress that inspires (for want of a better word) such attacks. Children - and let's face it, they're children until they're 18 however grown up they may seem - being dressed in clothes obviously and deliberately to give them sex appeal is just wrong. They need to understand what they're advertising, what the outfit is blatantly asking for, and know what to do and how to fend off unwanted attention before they're allowed to wear such things. Maybe I'm too old-fashioned in that respect, but 15 yr olds in micro skirts, flashing cleavage and covered in make-up really do make me feel awful.

Sandi,
So sorry to hear about your pup - I've lost pets too, and it always hurts, sometimes more than people. We do the best we can for them, but sometimes there's nothing more we can do. I hope you can get past the pain soon and focus on the happy memories you have of him.

Terri,
Congrats on the dress, it's a greast feeling, isn't it? I can't wait until I can get back into one of my favourite dresses, an electric-blue halter neck I made myself while I was at uni. And WTG on the eating out, I wish I could have that much discipline. When I'm out, so're all my good intentions, and my tastebuds rule!

OK, not as short as I'd expected it to be, but now I really do need to disappear. The white bread and bacon and crisps (chips) and chocolate bars are starting to call to me, so I'm gonna go clean out the chicken house. The smell from that should put me off food for an hour or so...
Old 05-04-2011, 01:22 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Cybervox
Mike,
if the "girdle" fails, I have a corset you can borrow - genuine black leather, part of last year's Halloween costume, proper tight-lacing
Seriously tho, it feels like body armour and was central to my Vampire warrior costume. I rather enjoy playing up the fangs.
that would go well with my real fangs!

I can't believe that I'm going to post this up! I hate my teeth. They are yellow, I have a crooked bottom tooth and I have fangs... but my bref don't be stankin'.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 05-04-2011 at 01:28 AM.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:23 AM
FitDay Member

Tuesday:

Food and Fitness:

*Multi-vitamin daily. Y, Y
*1200-1400 calories, max... no excuses. 1397, 1025 (...very carb heavy )
*Log everything. Y,Y
*Walk as schedule permits. No time. Again, no time.
*No bread, cheese, or cereal. Fail. Fail, strike two.

Personal Junk:

*Live each day with the strength of a woman; not the whining of a child. Y, Y
*No emotional eating allowed! Time to pull up my "big girl" panties and move on. Y, Y
*Schedule at least one day of things that I want to do; not things that I have to do.
Looking at Wednesday. Today!
Old 05-04-2011, 01:43 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
that would go well with my real fangs!

I can't believe that I'm going to post this up! I hate my teeth. They are yellow, I have a crooked bottom tooth and I have fangs... but my bref don't be stankin'.
My fangs are real too, tho slightly (and I emphasize the slightly) more subtle than yours. I did buy some individual ones that are meant to fit over one's existing canines, but they didn't go over mine. They were already too pointy, and the slight twist to them makes them look even pointier. People have been known to ask me (on Halloween nights out, after a few drinks - on their part, I don't generally "drink") where I got them from. They either don't like, or don't believe the truth. Or ask me to bite them, but I wouldn't dream of doing that.
I don't know where they've been, but I have a good idea what they've been doing. I prefer my meals with less contamination...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.