Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/2/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/2/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/2/11

Old 05-04-2011, 04:04 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I'll email you in a min.
Hey, if you find her 25K, too, I want in on this
Old 05-04-2011, 04:10 PM
Super Moderator

Checking in...

1. Calories 250 deficient per day (adjust after weigh-in on Wed. if necessary). Yes, Yes, Yes
2. Balance macros, fiber, and ratio of good:bad fats. Yes, Yes, Yes (short one fruit/veggie today, though)
3. Sleep at least 7 hours a night. No, No, No
4. Drink at least two big blue bottles of water daily. Yes, Yes, Yes

5. Pay attention to posture. Yes, Yes, Fair
6. Smile more, bitch less (it's contagious ). Yes, Yes, Yes
7. Be more diligent about skin care (sunscreen, yes, but there's more I should be doing). Yes, Yes, Yes
8. Straighten and put things away before bed. (I hate waking up to a disheveled house, but it gets so crazy in the afternoons and evenings. If I can do this, I will be in a much better mood in the mornings!). Yes, Yes, Yes
9. Do shade garden by end of weekend.

Alternating evening sports and music events with the boy all week. Finals and projects are brutal as well. It feels like it should be Friday by now, the days have been so long. I'm sure they're longer for him than for me, so trying to be as supportive as I can, for a zombie. Summer vacation has never looked so good! I am excited, though; he made the second highest level HS band as a rising freshman, so some of that work is paying off.

Y'all are doing great; keep up the good work!
Old 05-04-2011, 11:11 PM
FitDay Member

HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY, HAPPY HAPPY JOY.
I weighed 145.8 lbs this morning, I finally finally broke through the 147 barrier!!! Whoooo hoooo hoooooooooo. I'm so happy I'm just oozing sugar this morning. So who needs a pep talk?

OMG too too funny, our youngest DD is out in the kitchen singing "Break Forth", which matches my mood, all those glory and alleluia high notes. The best part is that she only knows that line, so she's maybe sung it 100 times now. Normally this would make me a little nuts, but this morning I just want to sing with her LOL. It's going to be a good day, I can tell. Hopefully I'm contagious and sending out good vibes via cyberspace, wiggling fingers now, there you go.

Cassie, I hear you on the evening activities. Tonight middle DD has soccer practice and eldest DD has her Theater Showcase which starts exactly when soccer practice ends across town. Thankfully I've arranged a ride for the middle child to get to the theater. DH is out of town and may or may not be back in time to watch DD perform. OY! Which means I have to video tape the whole thing. I have Mr. Screamy Pants all day, hopefully his mom will come get him before 6:00pm, but there's only a 30% chance of that. Thankfully everybody is healthy this morning, and we all slept like rocks last night.

Last edited by almeeker; 05-04-2011 at 11:27 PM.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:09 AM
FitDay Member

Way to go Almeeker. I'm doing a happy dance for you. Mary
Old 05-05-2011, 12:37 AM
Super Moderator

Hooray, almeeker! As you know, success breeds more success, so take that motivation and ride it. Enjoy walking on those clouds today!
Old 05-05-2011, 01:56 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Hey, if you find her 25K, too, I want in on this
Cassie,

Wouldn't that be fun? Wow, I could use a windfall right now!

Braces for your son and a kitchen face-lift for me!

Congrats on the chairing placement! I attended our HS Orchestra concert the other night and finally realized how all 9 years of music lessons have all been worth it. Bet he's looking forward to Disney. My daughter had a blast.

I can give you a glimmer of hope... Middle School WAS brutal for endless, time-consuming projects but High School gets much better. She has very few and the ones she has had, have been pretty easy.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:01 AM
FitDay Member

Congratulations, almeeker!!!! I'm so happy for you!

Don't forget to change your signature! By my calculations, you have lost 98.8 lbs. total... only 1.2 lbs. to reach that milestone 100 lbs.

(We should put in a request for fireworks or something!!!)
Old 05-05-2011, 02:06 AM
Super Moderator

quinn: Thanks! ~30 pounds in four months does feel pretty good. I'm basically on-pace with my loss, though of course my weight chart looks like a drunk guy trying to take a sobriety test. I'm hoping to hit my goal weight by October 15th (best friend's wedding) -- we'll see. Also, thanks for the wonderful back advice! I've been lucky and not had too many issues with my core muscles in my life, but next time I get a mystery injury like this, I'll remind myself that it could happen due to anything and to just deal!

Cassie: I hope your days are less crazy, though it looks like you're getting a LOT done! Kudos girl!

Julia: Hey, I always prefer busy days to bored days! Way to focus on work and not brownies - giving you a high-five!

Mern: Look at you bounce back with a wall of green numbers! You knew you could do it! I'm cheering for you over here!

almeeker: WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Great job breaking that barrier! All that running around with the DDs may have helped, you never know! Doing a happy-chair-dance for you!

Wednesday Report Card

Food, Exercise and Lifestyle Goals:
1) Achieve a 7,000 calorie deficit by the end of the week M: -437 T: -529 W: -1,384 (Week Total: -2,350)
2) Do not take off two days in a row from exercising. M: Day off (back pain) T: 10 minutes stat. bike, then stopped due to back pain W: 45 minutes HIIT elliptical
3) Achieve a 30% protein average for the week M: 20% T: 28% W: 31% (Weekly Average: 26%)
4) Carbs at or below 50% average for the week M: 38% T: 43% W: 36% (Weekly Average: 39%)
5) Protein powder after every workout in a smoothie M: N/A T: N/A W: Forgot!
6) At least 104 oz. water daily M: I think so T: yes W: no (96)
7) Report here each and every day M: Day after T: Day after W: Day after
8) Eat out/take out no more than twice for lunch and once for dinner M: Pizza lunch, restaurant dinner T: No takeout W: No takeout (Total 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner)

Other Life Stuff:
1) Handle stress directly and appropriately M: No real stress T: Yes W: Yes
2) Make an effort on my appearance every day M: Yes x 2! T: Yes W: Hair and makeup, but not so much clothing...
3) Work on my embroidery for at least five hours M: No T: 2 hours W: No (Total 2 hours)
4) "Smile more, bitch less" M: All smiles! T: Yes, I was very zen yesterday W: Had a bit of a bitchy evening...
5) Try two new recipes M: No T: No W: Probably this weekend

I made it to the gym yesterday, yay! My back felt a lot better, though I only did 45 minutes as compared to my usual hour of cardio. I felt fine afterwards and this morning -- probably could have done the full hour, but I didn't want to push it.

I took my measurements last night - I was a bit surprised at a grand total of less than four inches lost last month (thought it would be more) but I'll take any loss. What was NOT a surprise was that most of the inches lost were from my upper body - the chest and biceps measurements (my calves actually showed a gain! Muscle?) -- I've totally been noticing a lack of boobage the past couple of weeks, and my chest measurement bore that out (1.5 inches off the chest). Sigh. The boobs were proving resiliant at first, but I knew eventually they'd start to go.

I don't mind TOO terribly, and I tell myself it'll be easier to buy dresses rather than separates all the time! I honestly kind of like having a large-ish chest. I was a DD when this started - now I am probably just a D. In high school I was a C cup by the age of 14 (and at that time playing four sports and in pretty good shape), so I doubt I'll lose a tremendous amount of chest as they were always kind of big, but I guess we'll see in the end! Sorry if that was TMI, haha, I just wanted a moment of mourning for the girls...

Oh! And in response to the bitchy evening -- BF and I were growling at the TV because of the Red Sox game. That's not too bad, is it? Maybe I should do 50 jumping jacks today in penance...

Happy Thursday!

~Terri
Old 05-05-2011, 02:20 AM
FitDay Member

Wednesday:

Food and Fitness:

*Multi-vitamin daily. Y, Y, Y
*1200-1400 calories, max... no excuses. 1397, 1025 (...very carb heavy), 1225
*Log everything. Y,Y, Y
*Walk as schedule permits. No time. Again, no time. No.
*No bread, cheese, or cereal. Fail. Fail, strike two. Strike three.

Personal Junk:

*Live each day with the strength of a woman; not the whining of a child. Y, Y, Y
*No emotional eating allowed! Time to pull up my "big girl" panties and move on. Y, Y, Y
*Schedule at least one day of things that I want to do; not things that I have to do. Looking at Wednesday. Today! YES! Got my work done in the morning, and then enjoyed 70 degree temps. and an awesome book on my deck in the afternoon.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:39 AM
Super Moderator

Almeekr, congrats!!! If you need a red dress, let me know.

Health & Fitness
1) Gal. of water a day yes, yes, yes
2) workout 6 days yes, yes, yes
3) 1000+ cals deficient for the week -172, -248, +117
4) eat clean yes, yes, no (had my 1 cheat meal, see #5
5) only 1 cheat meal no, no, yes (doughnuts for breffest)

Non Health and Fitness
6) do Business drop-ins 1x no, yes
7) make money no, nope, no
8) do 3 random acts of kindness yes, no, no

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.