Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/2/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/2/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/2/11

Old 05-03-2011, 07:06 AM
FitDay Member

I hope I didn't get the posts confused--trying to catch up from yesterday. If I replied something to anyone about something they didn't say, just consider the source and ignore it. LOL

Welcome, Tracey! I had to look up that a stone is 14 US pounds. I knew that once and forgot. Weight goes back on so quickly, doesn't it? Good for you for just putting your focus on taking it back off. I hope the birthday tea party went well and that your son had a great day.

Terri, congrats on that size 14 dress! Woohoo, girl and such a short time since you wore an 18! Also congrats on an admirable job at dinner! Way to go! I hope your back still feels a bit better after the exercise.

Emily, welcome--glad you found us. This is a really great group. Congrats on the excercise. Mt. Clothesmore-LOL. I've visited there. I used to have 14 loads per week when my kids were young--and I washed cloth diapers because we couldn't afford disposable. Now that DH is retired, he does most of the laundry. Oh, that's too bad about accidentally throwing out so many of your shirts! Especially sad because you did it while doing a good deed donating to Goodwill.

Cybervox, I hope you enjoyed the well-earned Irish Creme. LOL Hope your achy muscles feel better soon. High praise for trying to avoid the food temptations. Way to go!

Almeeker, great start to the week! Way to go! Best wishes with all your kid projects and activities this week. LOL on DD wanted to get started on next years costume for National History Day. Richard and I are getting along just fine. P90X! Are you nuts? LOL No plans for a chinup bar, but I AM considering putting some fire back into our marriage with a trapeze above the bed. That'll scare the begeebees out of my 71 year old DH. Hmm, I wonder if Mike would argue accidental death for me on DH's policy. We always had to help with the laundry when I was a kid, sorting the clothes, hanging because we didn't have a dryer, and ironing them. Mom just filled the washer. Oh, golly, I remember sometimes the hose would fall off the laundry tub when I was a kid and the sorted clothes would get all wet. And we'd have to wring them out by hand which always seems sort of stupid to me since they were going to be washed anyway, but I guess Mom didn't want to get sopping wet herself loading the washer. Ugghhhh!

Mike, you are so filled with kindness. The world is a better place with guys like you in it. I hope the company sees the accident as you do despite the death certificate. LOL on your "encouragement" to Julia on the cookie dough. Gave me a good giggle. Great start for the week on health and fitness! Congrats!

Julia, I hope you're getting over your binges. I've been there myself and never can figure out what got in to me--besides the sweets, I mean. Big hug to ya!

Cassie, great tip on watching oneself eating. I never thought of that.
Congrats on a really good start for the week! Thanks for your encouragement despite my rocky start this week. I'm better on track now.

Quinn, we HAD shorts and warm weather. For the past two weeks, it's been rain, rain, and more rain. 3 of grandson's first 5 Coach Pitch softball games have been cancelled due to the fields being too wet. We're back to fall jackets, but our trees recovered from the early freeze and they're now the same color as the new, fresh, spring grass.

Muna, glad your energy levels are going up from exercise. Congrats on your loss.

Last edited by Mern; 05-03-2011 at 07:15 AM.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:35 AM
FitDay Member

Terri & almeeker: thanks for the support and positive thoughts - I need 'em this week!

Yesterday wasn't great, and today isn't going much better so far in terms of nutrition...I had so many meetings this morning I wasn't able to eat my breakfast

Monday report card

#1 - log all foods every day
M - yes, even though it pained me to see the counts

#2 - follow my nutritionist's advice: 1 thing from each food group for each meal.
M - uh...not so much

#3 - WATER!!!!! - 2 big blue bottles every day.
M - forgot the bottle, so not a good start. Probably drank 30% of my goal...

#4 - get back in the gym! 5x this week.
M - yes - and it felt AWESOME!

Non-fitness goals:
#1 - catch up on work email...sigh.
M - yes, done reading them, now just have to action them...

#2 - smile more, bitch less
M - maybe?
T - hosting a baby shower at work this afternoon...how can you not smile at babies?!!
Old 05-03-2011, 09:54 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Muna, I was thinking yesterday that we should all celebrate what we are good at. Sometimes our job may seem trivial but think about home many science teaches made an impact on students that turn to the medical profession and end up saving lives. The impact of what we do goes beyond what we see.

almeeker, I haven't see that movie but I know of it. I don't think I'd look good in anything red and tight. The last time I tried that the girl at Victoria's Secret gave me a dirty look. I kid, I kid... it wasn't a dirty look.

quinn, I'm glad to hear that the prom dress worked out!

Mike,

I know almeeker has been looking for a tight, red outfit for you...
I just happen to have a gently used, exquisitely beaded, red satin prom dress that I'm no longer using... just thinkin'...
Old 05-03-2011, 10:02 AM
FitDay Member

thank you all for your helpful comments related to me eating too much in the car. i agree, eating in front of a mirror would be good. just right now, the image of me eating cookie dough, in my car with the visor down so that I can watch myself grosses me out sooo much. ew. hopefully that means I"ll just toss the cookie dough out the window and drive away. littering be damned during painful binge moments!

terri you are doing sooooo well! you rocked that celebratory dinner/function. i am def going to try and leave for the bathroom when apps are served. this weekend i am going to a bach party in RI and I'm already trying to plan out my eating and what I'll bring to munch on. I'll think of how you dealt with that party and hopefully I can get through the weekend w/out feeling like I overdid it. I can't track on the site, but I will write everything down on paper.

Thanks for the hug, Mern! Almeeker, glad I've got your beat for weird things I eat in my car!

Today I had to go to a function all day for my fellowship. It was fun, I overate but not anything too horrible.

I'm thinking I'm going to get my mom yoga classes for her Mother's Day gift as she talks about how she wants to do yoga but never has done it.

Off to burn some cals and take a walk!

Last edited by blackrhino2; 05-03-2011 at 01:26 PM.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:12 AM
FitDay Member

Lindsey, congrats on the exercise. Hope you had fun hosting the baby shower.

Julia, glad you had fun at the fellowship function today. Yoga classes sound like a great gift for your Mom. Glad you mentioned that walk you're planning. DH went downstairs to watch TV so I can pop an exercise DVD into the computer and watch TV myself at the same time.

Last edited by Mern; 05-03-2011 at 11:15 AM.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:53 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lnbrock
#2 - smile more, bitch less
[COLOR="SeaGreen"]M - maybe?
T - hosting a baby shower at work this afternoon...how can you not smile at babies?!!
I could introduce you to Mr. Screamy Pants, he's a little hard to smile at sometimes. But agreed most babies are easy to smile at and make googly noises to. How did your shower go?
Old 05-03-2011, 12:16 PM
FitDay Member

Whew! I'm back to the thread. I reached my goal of 122# a few weeks ago, and pretty much stopped logging nutritional info--which is a mistake. But I have managed to hover between 120.5 and 123, so I think I'm fine with that. HOWEVER . . .

I just spent 6 days back east with my non-healthy-diet family members, and a wedding in Newport, RI, to boot! Go to wedding, then BIG reception, then next-morning breakfast, then afternoon party, then next morning brunch. I thought I might have just tea and toast but ended up falling face first into the brunch bar. A pat on the back though--stuck with steamed veggies, salad, (fried) french toast strips, couple of pecan gooey things. But I'm home now and think I'll start logging in and do the forum. I just don't like the time spent on the computer!

OH--good news that I forgot to mention is that I weighed in at 123# this morning, so the damage is light.

We lost our little pup this morning to cancer, so my appetite is off today. Usually when I'm sad, happy or in any other mood, I eat tons, but not today. My only regret is that on our way to the vet I didn't stop at our local corner gas/mart for his favorite treat--a free bone dipped in frozen yogurt. Today I had a "red velvet" yogurt and missed his smiley, cute, begging face.

Goals this week:
1. Get back to logging diet/nutrition (exercise is going great)
2. Take multi-vitamins, Vit. D, calcium
3. Get control of "sweets" that are creeping back into diet.
4. Monitor bread intake--stick with whole wheat (free white baguettes, artisan loaves, cakes, pies, cookies at the senior center are killing me!)
5. DRINK--I often take in NO glasses of water, although lots of juicy fruits & veggies. Return to tea drinking.

So thanks everyone for this thread! It was fun to check back and hear all the chatter. Wish I had more time to spend answering!
Sandi
Old 05-03-2011, 12:30 PM
FitDay Member

Tuesday Report Card

Health & Fitness Goals:

1. Eat clean and kept calories 1,350-1,600, 50 push-ups for days I'm over. 1,600, 1,690 50 push-ups done
2. Drink 96 oz of water. Y, Y
3. Exercise 6 hours. 62 min, 60 min (total 2:02)
4. Calorie deficit of 3,500 for the week. -762, -598 (total -1,360)
5. Carbs 45% or lower, Protein 30% or higher. (43c/30p), (39c/40p) Oh yeah, rocked it!
6. Log food and report every day even weekends. Y, Y
7. Grain free 3 days. Y, Y Although toast is starting to look like sweet manna from heaven.

Non-Fitness Goals:

8. Make DD a costume for Thursday's performance. Started, finished mob cap, 1/2 done with nightgown
9. Call the autobody place and set up appointment. N, I called and got a little bit of run around from the body shop, now I have to talk it over with DH and figure out when we should get it done.
10. Call my doctor's office and work out the prescription problem. N, N
11. Smile more, bitch less and (stealing from Crimpet) instantly drop into a 2 minute plank for infractions. Y, Y
12. 1 hour of cleaning in the basement. N, N
13. Finish weeding/mulching at least 2 of the flower beds. N, N
14. Housework:
Monday: down-stairs bathroom, up-stairs bathroom, laundry
Tuesday: kitchen, stairwell, hall, laundry
Wednesday living room, bedroom, laundry
Thursday dining room, bedroom, laundry
Friday den, master bedroom, laundry
Saturday, front porch, basement, laundry
Sunday, Mother's Day not doing a darned thing I don't want to.

Today went pretty well but I almost accidentally went over calories. That happens sometimes when I don't log everything right after I eat it. I'm way too optimistic and always think "that's something I can eat and I didn't have that much, blah blah blah". When in fact I did have that much and then I had some more after that, and I can eat both of those things and stay on plan, but not on the same day. But I digress.

I tried a new DVD this morning for my workout. I bought Bob Harper's Inside Out Yoga last week, and this morning worked up the nerve to pop it in and give it a whack. I started off well enough and then all of a sudden Bob tied me in a knot with my own limbs and then he had the nerve to laugh at me! Okay technically he was laughing at one of his UPS hotties, but I take it personally all the same. When our oldest was a toddler one of our cruel relatives bought her a blue plastic hippo flashlight, and when you squeezed the handle the hippo would open his mouth, the flashlight inside his mouth would turn on and he would chuckle/guffaw in a somewhat maniacal fashion. Bob Harper laughs like a plastic hippo, 'nuff said. And just as I sat down to type this tonight my back is starting protesting that yoga workout a bit, hopefully tomorrow morning won't be ugly.

Sorry you're off to a rough start Mern. Although in the long run you only missed your goals for one day, and only by a tiny bit, not all that bad in the grand scheme of things. We've been having wacky weather too. Mostly rain rain and more rain, I'm ready for some sun too.

Quinn, how would the dress look with an "i" on the front? You got any beads left? Since I have a feeling your DD probably wears a teeny tiny size, Mike is probably going to need a corset or body shaper to have any hope of getting that thing zipped up. Speaking of red dresses, we went out Sat. night and one of the local schools was having their prom. Anyway in walks this teenage girl wearing a very tight red dress, and get this, the sides of the dress were held together with a series of rings that went from just under the arm to below the hip. There was no fabric beneath the rings, just very tanned skin. No fabric of any kind, no bra, no underwear, no pantyhose, no nothin'!! Unbelievable. Who let's their teenage daughter go commando to the brew pub and prom, in a dress clearly advertising the commando state? OY!!!! Some parents just need a good bitch slappin'.

Last edited by almeeker; 05-04-2011 at 06:24 AM.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:42 PM
Super Moderator

almeeker, I can just use my under armour shirt. I call it my girdle.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:46 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by almeeker
Anyway in walks this teenage girl wearing a very tight red dress, and get this, the sides of the dress were held together with a series of rings that went from just under the arm to below the hip. There was no fabric beneath the rings, just very tanned skin. No fabric of any kind, no bra, no underwear, no pantyhose, no nothin'!! Unbelievable. Who let's their teenage daughter go commando to the brew pub and prom, in a dress clearly advertising the commando state? OY!!!! Some parents just need a good bitch slappin'.
ouch... 2 mins of plank anyone?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.