Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/2/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/2/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/2/11

Old 05-07-2011, 10:25 AM
FitDay Member

Oh... Forgot about the Grad gift discussion...

If I don't know someone really well, I usually give money. For those friends who are very close to our family, I order (from an incredible company on line) one of several engraved gifts. Last year, I gave several pocket watches to the guys with their 3 initials on them. (under $35) This year, I ordered black, zippered portfolios with their names engraved on the front. (under $25) This company is awesome; usually sending out my order within 24 hours of receiving it.
Old 05-07-2011, 11:22 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec

Mike,

So happy for you and your daughter to celebrate such a happy milestone! There's nothing quite like a dad and his daughter. I'm sure you'll be mixed with many emotions watching her receive her diploma. Try to get out of the kitchen tomorrow, relax and pat yourself on the back for a job well done. I'm sure she's going to be one happy girl opening a new laptop! (Can I be an "honorary daughter"? lol) As far as Mother's Day, I understand what you're saying. Father's Day is a rough one for me, as I lost my dad pretty young... about the same age as your daughter is now. As old as I am, it still hurts. But you know what? That's ok to miss someone... it just means that our love for them never ends, right? Know that she's with you, not just on Mother's Day, but every single day of the year. (That's what us moms do! )
Thanks for the kind words. It was awesome seeing her graduate. I never thought that I'd see it happen, seriously. For the longest time I thought that I was the only one that wanted her to graduate. Her mom didn't seem to care and my daughter's actions were showing that she didn't wither. I must give it to her, this past year she buckled down and got it done. I couldn't be more proud of her. I think I was having allergy issues b/c my eyes kept watering... kinda odd.
Old 05-07-2011, 12:50 PM
FitDay Member

Those pesky Spring allergies! (...cough...cough...

I always knew you were a softy! I'm the same way. This year at Prom, I went to see the Grand March and after wards, my daughter said, "Mom... are you crying?" I'm like "...NOOOO. It's my contacts again!" But she knew. She looked beautiful and grown up and I was proud.

I'm sure that your daughter knew in her heart how much it meant to you. Without a supportive mom, your influence probably made all the difference in the world. Give yourself a pat on the back, Dad!

Last edited by quinnesec; 05-07-2011 at 12:59 PM.
Old 05-07-2011, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator

Mike, I know she is thankful that you were there to encourage and support her, and I'm sure that she'll only continue to appreciate it as she grows older. I'm glad it was such a fulfilling day for you both.

Quinn, kudos on your doggie volunteer experience! You sound like a pro already. The St. Bernard sounds very lovable. I've always been afraid of going to animal shelters because I think it would break my heart; even when we went to adopt, the fact that we could only take one really upset me. I'm glad you had a great experience this morning.

Oh, did I detect your sarcasm font in the part of the post about Mother's Day?

Not sure what we're doing tomorrow, other than going to see The Conspirator and I'm going to work in the garden. We'll grill some fish and relax in the evening (hahahahaha, no, we'll be frantically trying to pull things together for these trips!). Oh, and the free frozen yogurt, can't forget that . Anybody remember my post about my husband leaving to go shopping on Christmas Eve? Well, tonight he "had to go out" about 7:30. Anyone have some extra planning/foresight abilities they might be willing to ship out here?

Today's been long but productive and I'm down to the last thing on my list, dictating half a report. Should've started earlier, but we were watching To Kill a Mockingbird and that's one of my faves.
Old 05-07-2011, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Mern, I spend a lot of time looking for things, too...but usually not MY things. Enough said . I live with two ADHD'ers and it's always an adventure! Will you be with your kids and grands tomorrow?

Hope all goes smoothly today, Mike. Post a pic if you think about it. Gotta see that proud, beaming dad look .
I can only imagine how difficult it would be to have the "H" in ADHD. I'm glad that I'm not hyper... at times.

Today went well for the most part but my diet sucked.

My daughter is so cute she can even make me look decent just by standing next to me.
Old 05-07-2011, 11:53 PM
FitDay Member

Great photo Mike. You look like a proud dad. Mary
Old 05-08-2011, 01:17 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I can only imagine how difficult it would be to have the "H" in ADHD. I'm glad that I'm not hyper... at times.

Today went well for the most part but my diet sucked.

My daughter is so cute she can even make me look decent just by standing next to me.
Goodness but she is cute! I don't know if it's her adorableness or all that pride in your big smile, but you're right, she's a plus for your image.
Old 05-08-2011, 03:34 AM
Super Moderator

Your baby girl is gorgeous, Mike, and you ain't looking too shabby yourself!

Aren't you glad this is the picture, instead of one with you from the "old days"?
Old 05-08-2011, 05:11 AM
Super Moderator

thanks everyone for the compliment on my daughter. Everyone says that she looks just like me but I think she's too cute. Yes, Cassie I'm glad it wasn't the old me in that pic.

Health & Fitness
1) Gal. of water a day yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
2) workout 6 days yes, yes, yes, no, yes, no
3) 1000+ cals deficient for the week -172, -248, +117, -135, -296, +412
4) eat clean yes, yes, no (had my 1 cheat meal (see #5), yes, yes, no
5) only 1 cheat meal no, no, yes (doughnuts for breffest), yes, yes, cheated... again

Non Health and Fitness
6) do Business drop-ins 1x no, yes, no, no, no, no
7) make money no, nope, no, yes (very little), no, no
8) do 3 random acts of kindness yes, no, no, no, yes, no

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 05-08-2011 at 05:15 AM.
Old 05-08-2011, 05:19 AM
FitDay Member

I did great on food yesterday until late last night, then went on a semi-binge, eating small portions of several carby things I shouldn't have--like spoonful of hot fudge, about 1/3 cup high fiber cereal with real sugar and milk on it, and some cream cheese and olives on crackers. Didn't log it because I didn't want to see--but I know it would be very, very bad. Haven't had anything to eat today at all, but DH and I are going to dinner tonight at Outback Steakhouse. I'm planning on having a tossed salad with no croutons, prime rib, half of a baked potato, and a thin slice of their hot bread. But I'll at least take my own low carb salad dressing. So it will be a "controlled" cheat. Tomorrow, it's back on the wagon for me.

Happy Mother's Day to all mothers, to all women who show love toward children.

Mike, wow! What a wonderful graduation gift! I'll bet she was totally thrilled! OMG, I love that pic of you and DD--you both look great!

Terri, LOL. I also say stuff is "a bunch of hooey" and someone doesn't know "diddly squat." I would have figured those to be midwest exprssions but maybe I got them from 50s TV shows. Did you grow up in New York?

Cassie, living with TWO ADHD'ers MUST be quite an "adventure." But I imagine it also keeps life quite interesting. Our daughter hasn't said she'll visit today, but since she lives only four miles away she probably will come over. Our 31 year old bachelor son lives with us--but he buys and cooks his own food, does his own laundry, cleans up after himself, and helps us around the house.

Mary, good for you on the bike exercise!

Quinn, I'm sure your nephew was very touched when he found out you paid his breakfast check. I'll bet that made HIS day. Hey, I love the idea of the engraved zippered portfolios.

Last edited by Mern; 05-08-2011 at 05:22 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.