Notices

Here we go again

Old 05-18-2011, 05:07 AM
Super Moderator

Lightbulb

WW wants you to track your foods. Fitday has the food log for doing this (no points plus, but it's basically about the calories). Using that log, you get as much from doing that as the effort you put into it. (Same for WW...)
Old 05-18-2011, 09:12 AM
FitDay Member

On bladder issues... The women in my family go A LOT, so do some of the men. When we were potty training our oldest I had a discussion with my grandmother about "accidents", anyway our daughter seemed to have them occasionally even though she had been potty trained for quite a while, grans suggested we give her cranberry juice every day. To make a long story short, grans had a similar issue and after years and years of ignoring her mother-in-laws advice to try cranberry juice, she finally did and it works like a charm. If I drink my cranberry juice 2-3x/week no issue, if I miss it running is OUT OF THE QUESTION. All 3 DDs are the same. As far as a curative, it's cheap, one could wish it tasted better, but it's not the worst thing I've ever drank .
Old 05-19-2011, 06:01 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Trying again

It's never too late to start again, but it's always too soon to quit.

I'm back on fitday after 6 years away. I joined in May 2003, when my trainer told me about it. I lost 38 lbs., then in 2008 I changed jobs twice and gained all but 2 lbs back! I was really mad at myself. Being glued to a desk chair all day does not help the calorie burn!!

Recently, I started working with a trainer again and made some good progress on fat loss, but no lbs. came off. the trainer said I gained so much muscle it doesn't show up on the scale. Good news, but frustrating.

My goal is to lose 12 lbs. by July 1, my 29th wedding anniversary and the day my husband and I leave for the beach! I haven't worn a swim suit in 5 years!

I want to get to 160, which is a good weight for me at age 62, but still 28 lbs. heavier than when I got married.

Good to know fitday now has a community I can share with.
Old 05-21-2011, 02:41 AM
FitDay Member

Default Latest

Sorry for being away i had a problem with my internet but all is up and running again now. Although i planned to track using fitday i just dont have the willpower to keep my calories at a certain amount and i find it too easy to allow myself to go of track.
So i went back to weightwatchers!! Im really happy that i did cos my reasons for leaving were the fault of another member. Plus its the plan that helped me so far lose 4st 6lb. The plan works for me and after my first week i lost 4.5lbs and didnt feel deprived. Im into week 2 now and feeling positive.
I suppose its where my passion is and its been part of my life for 3 years.

Regarding the bladder talk. When i said that i go to the loo every ten minutes this is when i drink 4-5 cups of coffee(decaf) before breakfast and if i drink glasses and glasses of water in one shot. I do admit i have a bladder that cant wait and when i need to go i gotta go. I walk the school run twice a day that is an hour and by time i see my front door the urge comes and its a quick dash.

Still Esophia thankyou for your concern and advice. I guess by my post i sounded as though i went more often all the time.

Welcome superlencia- you know you have it in you to get to where you wnat and i too feel mad with myself for allowing the gain but we have to turn it into a positive and focus on getting the excess off and some extra too.

Feeling tired and cranky today so im not sure if im making any sense today. Still managed to go for a walk for 45mins but instaed of a pick me up its made me feel even worse!
Old 05-21-2011, 02:54 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by traceymc1985
Regarding the bladder talk. When i said that i go to the loo every ten minutes this is when i drink 4-5 cups of coffee(decaf) before breakfast and if i drink glasses and glasses of water in one shot. I do admit i have a bladder that cant wait and when i need to go i gotta go. I walk the school run twice a day that is an hour and by time i see my front door the urge comes and its a quick dash.

Still Esophia thankyou for your concern and advice. I guess by my post i sounded as though i went more often all the time.
No, I understood what you meant, and that level still sounds like a definite problem. Just because you're used to something doesn't mean that it's normal! I was quite surprised when my GP told me that most people don't need to go to the loo several times a night, for instance, it'd been happening for so long by then.
Old 05-21-2011, 03:14 AM
FitDay Member

I understand your concern and i guess its not normal but if i drink so much fluid on an empty stomach wouldnt that be an explanation as to why i need to go so often? I say this because when i dont i can happily not need to go as often.
I dont need to go through the night- well maybe just once if i dont go before going to bed.
I know you know your stuff but if i feel aware that i only need to go so much when i recognise ive drank 2 litres of diet cola then the reason for it is surely obvious. Please correct me if im wrong as im no expert.