Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread 4/25/11

Old 04-29-2011, 01:24 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn, so glad you enjoyed that well-deserved date night! You crack me up with what you're over in calories by--"3 vodka sours." LOL Restocking the house with healthy foods really does help one get back on track--lot of healthy stuff that satisfies your hunger and pleases your taste buds.

Cassie, ooh, girl! Congrats on all your positive accomplishments yesterday! Big hug on your exercise difficulties. I don't know that I'd have finished if it were me--I'm too apt to accept any valid excuse, no matter how small, to not exercise. Shrimp and PB&J--sounds a little like pickles and ice cream. You're not hiding anything from us, are you? LOL Just teasing--I've eaten odd combos at times for the same reason--I hate to waste food. I have to waste an egg today, though, because I found a hard boiled, colored Easter egg behind the TV last night--not found in the indoor hunt Sunday. Actually, I think it's kind of neat to have that crab soup of your grandmother's that you probably couldn't duplicate. Stories like that are fun to pass down. My maternal grandmother made the best custard pie in the world that no one could duplicate. On the other hand, no one in their right mind would ever want to duplicate my paternal grandmother's thick, greasy pie crust or her dark brown (from waaaaaaaaaaay to much cinnamon) applesauce. LOL I hope to be remembered for my soup among a couple other non-food things. I did get up at 4AM and stayed awake watching the royal wedding coverage, but fell asleep shortly after Wm. and Kate were pronunced husband and wife and until Queen Elizabeth was entering Buckingham palace. Luckily, I had popped in a VHS tape to record it about 30 minutes before the Royal Family started to arrive at Westminster Abbey. And I did get to see "the kiss" on the balcony live. LOL that you wouldn't get up that early for your own wedding.

Mike, wow! Congrats on all the green in your Thursday report!

Cybervox, you certainly had a lot of sadness and responsibility heaped on your shoulders at such a young age. I always pitied bullies--so sad that the only way they know to elevate their own status is to tear others down. The idea of even a small chicken on a finger perch or hand is so cute to me.

Last edited by Mern; 04-29-2011 at 01:30 AM.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:57 AM
Super Moderator

LOL, Mern, I had to (once again) smile at your post. I thought my mom was the only one on the planet who still recorded on VHS. In fact, she's a bit paranoid that VCRs are a dying breed, so she's stockpiled three of them to work through when her current one breaks. I'm glad you enjoyed the wedding coverage. You've done wonderfully with all your green goals this week; congratulations!

Quinn, sounds like loads of fun when you and your husband go out. I'm German but have absolutely NO tolerance. Cheap date, I suppose! Awesome job on pulling back together, and a great overall perspective on how to make it work. Let's get through this weekend strong!

Cybervox, I hope you're having better days. It's been a really frustrating week for you, and probably some sadness triggered with the discussions here about loss...I hope it is somewhat cathartic for you to get it out; it's definitely a comfort for others, knowing that someone else has been through similar hurt and is pulling it back together.

Well, the new wrinkle for me today is apparently a foot injury. I'm pretty cranky about it, not sure what to do for exercise, and not sure if I need to see the doc. I'm not prone to injuries, so I suspect I'll be a rather impatient patient.

Mike, how were you feeling today when you "rolled out the bed?"
Old 04-29-2011, 02:16 AM
Super Moderator

jj: Eek! Sounds like a stressful week. Hopefully you can find some time to just take deep breaths and remember that all the little things shall pass.

Mern: One day, I hope to have the time and the kitchen space to make my own soup stocks and such. I haven't attempted it much -- mostly because with just me and BF, I don't feel the need to make really big dinners (even though I should, because leftovers are awesome! it's just that our fridge is TINY!) Our kitchen is currently not well-equipped though, so I tend to just make small things, one at a time. Thanks for the hug, and one right back atcha! And CONGRATS!!!!! on the new decade! Woohoo!! I fully support rebellion

quinn: Sweats and a pony tail is THE BEST, and I am jealous of your vodka sours! I agree with your medical necessity - mental health evenings are important!

Cassie: HA! I made it almost a month I think without a major things making me go ouch! Gotta be some kind of record for me. There's an awesome purplish-red bruise and it's not so tender today, thank goodness. I hope one day I will be less klutzy. ONE DAY!

Mike: I am glad your faux-varies are feeling better. Maybe you just had a quick cycle If you've got a little pulled/strained muscle, I hope it relents soon!

Julia: We all get tempted once in awhile - holidays make our brains go bonkers. I don't think that having a jellybean splurge when they are EVERYWHERE in front of your face is anything that you need to worry about too much However, I'd never be one to knock on anyone in the psychology field, as they do tremendous good. If you ever feel like you want to talk about it, or if it's bugging you, don't ever be scared of taking advantage of the free one on campus (or anywhere). I'll be the first to admit I've sought help before - not for binge eating, but for anxiety issues. I don't have a diagnosed anxiety disorder, but I DID need to talk, and it was nice to have someone listen to me non-judgmentally. And quinn is right - a sugar binge is one of the least-harmful (unless you're a diabetic!) Sometimes makes me wish I had more of a sweet tooth, since when I binge it's usually on a carb vacuum that puts me off track for at least a week! Don't knock yourself!

Cybervox: I can only imagine the frustration at missing the tumor when perhaps there would have been time for treatment. I'd be so angry and depressed - even though I know doctors are human, it's a bitter pill to swallow, and not having the support of an entire side of your family must have just made the blow harder to bear. I'd never blame you at all for going for the chocolately comfort! I do believe, however, that you're probably stronger and more independent for having gone through it, and hopefully you feel the same (or will with time). Much support and respect from me, and a big hug!

Wednesday Report Card

Food, Exercise and Lifestyle Goals:
1) Achieve a 7,000 calorie deficit by the end of the week M: -701 T: -786 W: -1,313 Th: -504 (Week Total: -3,304)
2) Do not take off two days in a row from exercising. M: Day off, though I did go grocery shopping T: No gym W: one hour HIIT cardio Th: Day off
3) Achieve a 30% protein average for the week M: 38% T: 24% W: 24% Th: 27% (Weekly average: 28%)
4) Carbs at or below 50% average for the week M: 38% T: 56% W: 51% Th: 44% (Weekly average: 47%)
5) Protein powder after every workout in a smoothie M: N/A T: N/A W: yes Th: N/A
6) At least 104 oz. water daily M: yes (120) T: yes (112) W: yes (112) Th: yes (112)
7) Report here each and every day M: Day after T: Day after W: Day after Th: Day after
8) Eat out/take out no more than twice for lunch and once for dinner M: Had take-out for lunch T: No takeout W: No takeout Th: Out to lunch (Lunch Total: 2 Dinner Total: 0)

Other Life Stuff:
1) When stressed, don't take it out on myself, or anything that does not have to do directly with the source of the stress. Deal with it directly, even if I don't want to. M: Yes! T: Big yes! W: Yes Th: Not much stress
2) Make an effort on my appearance every day M: Yes T: yes W: yes Th: yes
3) Work on my embroidery for at least five hours M: 1.5 hours T: No W: No Th: No (Week Total: 1.5 hours)
4) Don't worry, be happy! M: Mostly T: Stressful morning, much better evening W: Some afternoon stress, but I shook it off somehow! Th: Yes
5) Try two new recipes for dinner M: not yet T: tomorrow W: No Th: yes. Recipe needs tweaking.

Yesterday was a fairly light workday -- and as usual, that means today is looking as if it's going to be hectic. I'll try to make sure I log on later to catch up on all the happenings -- Thursday looked like a busy posting day!

(Also, I totally watched the Royal Wedding for about 20 minutes this morning. Couldn't help myself!)

Happy Friday!

~Terri
Old 04-29-2011, 02:17 AM
FitDay Member

CONGRATULATIONS MERN!!!!! You are doing so well, your hard work is really paying off!!

I love your comment about acting rebellious to DH, too funny! I'm excited to hear more!

Thank Mern, Cassie and Quinn for your perspectives as to if I'm a serious binger that needs help, or just a casual binger that is only kind of crazy. Haha. I really want to work on this problem as it drives me nuts that I feel like I need to rebel and feel like I make really bad decisions regarding portions. I feel like the solution to this problem is for me to not feel like I need to go overboard, and I can try to prevent those feelings by never restricting too much and by just trying to be moderate as often as possible. It's easy to write, but super hard for me. I also need to take time and think through my eating decisions before I have the bag of jelly beans in my hand.

Quinn, glad to hear you had a relaxing night with the hubby!

Cassie, oh my gosh, your workout sounds scary! I hope you would stop if you felt like you might be injuring yourself, as the recovery time is always longer if you push too hard. Maybe you were tired or something? When my legs feel wonky on the treadmill I try to take longer strides, it helps stretch out my hips and legs a bit.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:19 AM
Super Moderator

Cassie,

When I rolled out the bed today I felt much better. My feaux-varies don't feel like they've taken a beating. The weather is about 70*, the humidity is 36%, the sky is blue and it looks like the Saints are going to give Reggie Bush the boot. How can it get any better?
Old 04-29-2011, 05:58 AM
Super Moderator

okay, the doctor said that I'm good to go... & I'm not pregnant! He thinks I just strained something doing my ab routine.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:01 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
okay, the doctor said that I'm good to go... & I'm not pregnant! He thinks I just strained something doing my ab routine.
Glad to hear it!! Back to P90X, buster!
Old 04-29-2011, 06:33 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Glad to hear y'all are feelin' better...
Old 04-29-2011, 06:50 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Glad to hear it!! Back to P90X, buster!
yes ma'am. How's that for Southern?

thanks quinn.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:05 AM
FitDay Member

I'm sorry, Mike... you're just so much fun to tease.

This reminds me of my last trip to Mexico. I shared a cab with a fellow American whom I had never met; a professor from Boston who studied regional dialects. He asked me if I would mind speaking a few sentences, so I did. He said, "Midwest. Say one more sentence". Again, I did and he said, "Illinois/Wisconsin". Then he asked me to pronounce 2 or 3 words and was able to narrow my hometown down to northern Wisconsin or Michigan. Then he became a little frustrated with himself as he said he could usually pinpoint a person's location down to county. But with me, he couldn't decide if I was Michigan or Wisconsin. We both got a good laugh when I told him that I lived on the border! LOL

I asked him why, if he was from Boston, he had no sign of the tell-tale, famous Boston accent. He replied, "Years and years of speech therapy!"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.