Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread 4/25/11

Old 04-28-2011, 12:30 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
No, that's how people say it! Out the bed...out the car...out the house...is it really so much trouble to say "out OF the house?" Sorry, I'm a grammar ninny .

But from you, it's cool!
Personally, I look forward to his "y'alls"... I think they're kind of cute.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:32 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
No, that's how people say it! Out the bed...out the car...out the house...is it really so much trouble to say "out OF the house?" Sorry, I'm a grammar ninny .

But from you, it's cool!
Originally Posted by quinnesec
Personally, I look forward to his "y'alls"... I think they're kind of cute.
y'all need to get off my case. aka... you guys need to get off of my case. My dad is from New York and he says "yous guys" it drives me nuts.

Quinn, the muscle relaxers are a wonderful thing, I slept for probably 12 hours.

My lower back pain has moved down to my tailbone, so I believe that's from doing my ab exercise. My feaux-varies are feeling better too.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 04-28-2011 at 01:37 PM.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:36 PM
FitDay Member

i'm glad everyone is having better days today!!

my day started out great, woke up refreshed and ready to tackle my to-do list. then i ate a few jelly beans that were out on the guard's desk at the EPA. They were delicious and later on in the day at around 2pm when I had to drive to my lab, I stopped at CVS and picked up a bag of Jolly Rancher Jelly Beans, 50% off. I'm ashamed to say that I ate the whole bag. That is 1400 calories. In total I'm at 2,220 for the day. I did a 30 min run and a 40 min walk, burning approx 419 cals.

while I'll say that I prob binge once every month or two, I haven't eaten this much pure sugar in atleast a year. I feel pretty much fine, no headache or anything. but it bothers me that i treat my body this way. it bothers me that I "want" or choose to do this, it not only is counter productive for weight loss but it's the whole psychology of it that makes me feel CRAZY.

i'm sure there is free help somewhere on campus for this, but I never make the time to go, even though i've been thinking about it for atleast a year.

do you guys think this is a habit that is messed up enough to need help or maybe I am over reacting about this being a health problem?
Old 04-28-2011, 02:49 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by blackrhino2
i'm glad everyone is having better days today!!

my day started out great, woke up refreshed and ready to tackle my to-do list. then i ate a few jelly beans that were out on the guard's desk at the EPA. They were delicious and later on in the day at around 2pm when I had to drive to my lab, I stopped at CVS and picked up a bag of Jolly Rancher Jelly Beans, 50% off. I'm ashamed to say that I ate the whole bag. That is 1400 calories. In total I'm at 2,220 for the day. I did a 30 min run and a 40 min walk, burning approx 419 cals.

while I'll say that I prob binge once every month or two, I haven't eaten this much pure sugar in atleast a year. I feel pretty much fine, no headache or anything. but it bothers me that i treat my body this way. it bothers me that I "want" or choose to do this, it not only is counter productive for weight loss but it's the whole psychology of it that makes me feel CRAZY.

i'm sure there is free help somewhere on campus for this, but I never make the time to go, even though i've been thinking about it for atleast a year.

do you guys think this is a habit that is messed up enough to need help or maybe I am over reacting about this being a health problem?
Honey, I think you're just fine. If I had a dollar for every time I binged on jelly beans (or chocolate chips), I'd be a rich woman. lol A female body builder told me awhile back that if you're going to binge, binge on sugar rather than fat or carbs. Something to do with the body's ability to burn it off.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:55 PM
FitDay Member

Well, I did great all day on food in prep for an unknown menu at a dinner seminar tonight. Among a bunch of stuff I could not eat because it was too carby for me, the buffet included things I COULD eat-- an already prepared leafy green salad lightly dressed with oil and vinegar dressing; slices of pork loin in just meat juices; fresh green beans. Surprisingly there was no dessert, so I didn't have to fight that temptation. The decaf coffee was incredibly delicious and a nice finish to my meal. I'm pretty good at eyeballing measurements and always deliberately aim to err on the side of overestimating rather than underestimating. I stayed well under my carb limit and had 29 calories to spare. Can't think of anything to eat for just 29 calories--anybody want them? LOL

Going to bed in a minute and am getting up at 4AM to watch the royal wedding.

Julia, I can't give you advice on the psychology of binging or sabotaging the diet or suggestions how to avoid binging. I've done it many times in the past, myself--eating pound bags of M&M's in one sitting, hiding pastries in the TV room so I didn't have to share, etc. Not much anymore since I found out I'm pre-diabetic. But I'm behind you 100% for seeking advice. Great start! Hopefully the others here can be of help in that area. Big hug to ya!

Quinn, so glad you got the $#@!*& dress done. How wonderful that you got out for an early date night. I hope you really enjoyed that along with your Vodka sours. Sure sounds like a medical necessity to ME.

Cassie, thanks for your support. Did you make your soup? The great thing about soup is that you don't have to use a recipe--just dump in whatever you've got on hand that you like. I've always used soup making as a fun activity with the younger grandkids and my 7 year old grandson often ASKS if we can make soup when I've got him for the day. I chop the veggies and meat and they do all the dumping and stirring before it goes on the stove. They've always been very cooperative in letting me guide them through when to stop shaking the spice jars or how big a spoonful or pinch of something to put in.

Last edited by Mern; 04-28-2011 at 02:58 PM.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:09 PM
FitDay Member

almeeker,

I thought of you and Mr. Screamy Pants tonight. I ran into a woman who said that her son cried for 6 straight weeks when they brought him home from the hospital and it turned out that he had severe acid reflux. (I never knew babies could have this.) Apparently, he was in quite a bit of pain. They changed his formula and put him on meds and he's fine now.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:26 PM
Super Moderator

almeeker,

I thought of you and Mr. Screamy Pants tonight. I ran into a woman who said that her son cried for 6 straight weeks when they brought him home from the hospital and it turned out that he had severe acid reflux. (I never knew babies could have this.) Apparently, he was in quite a bit of pain. They changed his formula and put him on meds and he's fine now.
Yes, this is a wicked situation. My great-nephew, who was born at 29 weeks, had that happen as well, and it was loooooonnnggg months before they hit on the right medicines. It is so sad; the baby wants to eat but makes the connection that doing so is painful, and it's just an endless cycle of eat and cry.

How was date night, Quinn?

Mern, I didn't make soup. Hubby was late leaving work and the boy was at a friend's house working on a project due next week. I figured it wasn't worth it to cook for just me, but I should have...I ended up with leftover shrimp from last night and the PB&J I didn't eat for lunch today. It was a weird meal, but I hate wasting food and had gotten all my veggies at lunch & breakfast. I do love soup, though, and have a few kinds I regularly make. The one I always threaten to make, I've never tried. My grandmother used to do a wicked crab soup, though she never wrote the recipe and no one recalls exactly what goes in it; we only know it starts with a beef bone and a ham bone. I keep telling myself to experiment, then I talk myself out of it. It's become a family joke now . Hope you enjoy watching the wedding. I will have to see it later on the news; I wouldn't get up that early for my OWN wedding!

Julia, that's a really thoughtful question. Do I think it's abnormal? No. But if it really distresses, you, then certainly pursue exploring it a little deeper. I've also had many days where I've had my binges, although instead of one food, I "chain-snack"-go from one thing to the next, to the next. I've often wondered if it's my body telling me it needs something, or if it's just being rebellious, or if it's emotional. It does feel a bit out of control when it happens, but I think as long as you are able to get back on track, you're okay. Usually my bottom line for seeking external help is, if it causes you significant distress, and/or affects your functioning or your health, it's time to talk to someone about it.

I'm just glad you got some quality jelly beans, as opposed to those sugary, tasteless pieces of dreck Quinn likes
Old 04-28-2011, 03:38 PM
FitDay Member

"I'm just glad you got some quality jelly beans, as opposed to those sugary, tasteless pieces of dreck Quinn likes."

Hey!!! LOL

Date night was awesome, by the way. I'm feeling very relaxed... and slightly impaired, but I digress...
Old 04-28-2011, 03:56 PM
Super Moderator

I'm low on my calories. I'm about to eat about 550 cals just to get above 1700 for the day.

Health & Fitness
1) Gallon of water per day yes, yes, no (not even close), yes
2) Remain injury free yes, yes, not sure, yes
3) 2100-2400 cals/day yes (2133), no, (1730)yes (2183), no (1739)
4) Macros (+/- 2%): 50%P, 30%C, 20%F yes 50/31/19, no 48/26/26, no 45/32/23 yes 48/30/22
5) P90X at least 6 days a week (even do Yoga) yes, yes, no, yes (I'm 1 day behind)
6) Eat clean every day (no cheat day) yes, yes, no (had 2 slices of pizza), yes
7) Floss 7 times yes, yes, no, yes
8) Weigh in and take pictures on Monday yes
9) Daily-
Vitamin: yes, yes ,yes, yes
Fish Oil: yes, yes, yes, yes
Glucosamine + MSM: yes, yes, yes, yes
L-Arginine: yes, yes, yes, yes
Z-Force: yes, yes, no, yes
10) Make a new YouTube Videos for the launch of my next 90 days yes (posted earlier)

Non Health & Fitness
11) Smile more, bitch less yes, yes, yes, I think so
12) Get daughter a graduation gift no, no, no, not yet
13) Make money no, no, yes $2900, should have another $6800 coming soon not today
14) Get appt. for Chloe’ to see the Vet no, no, no, nope
Old 04-28-2011, 03:59 PM
Super Moderator

"I'm just glad you got some quality jelly beans, as opposed to those sugary, tasteless pieces of dreck Quinn likes."

Hey!!! LOL

Date night was awesome, by the way. I'm feeling very relaxed... and slightly impaired, but I digress...
well you can't be too lit, your typing is fine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.