Notices

100 lb club

Old 03-10-2010, 03:07 AM
FitDay Member

Morning everyone
hopped on the scale this morning thinking maybe yesterday was a fluke but nope down to 287.5 this morning...maybe just maybe I can see the 270s by the end of march. Im sure trying to!!!

Speedy Ive been trying on some older clothes as well, but your right we need to look good as we do this!! Keeps us motivated!!

Vanessa welcome to our group here....and yes CONGRATS on 100 pounds lost! Id love to have that feeling...heres to the next 100. Someone else I know has lost over 100 pounds recently and is finding it harder to lose the next so shes decided to up her exercise? not sure if your doing this but maybe something to look into..sort of shake things up a bit. We will be looking to you for inspiration...thanks!!

Wendy I dont know anyone who is more then 100 pounds overweight who istn addicted to food....dont feel alone. The first thing I did when I started this journey was go thru my cupboards and throw everything away. I kept anything that was whole grain, fat free,,no sugar,,,fruits and tons of veggies. If its not there you cant reach for it. If you want somethign filling and low calories I love popcorn for a treat with diet pop. Anther one is smoothies..those things are addicting! I used to have to eat while watching tv as well...then I took up knitting. I dont make anything with it I just keep making row after row of knitting to keep my hands busy. It works! Have you tried journalling your foods and thoughts....? Try looking for alternatives for your food cravings..if you want french fries...take one large potato or two...cut them in wedges..dip them in egg whites,,,sprinkle with some spices.... place them on a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with pam..and bake for about an hour in hot oven...these are sooo good!!! I make it a challnge for myself how to make my regular recipes more weight friendly for me! theres tons of recipes on the internet. AND LAST OFALL DAY 1 is the MOST IMPORTANT DAY....as the saying goes..*today is the first day of the rest of your life*...you are doing it!!!

ok have to run here...so nice to see so many new ones joining us...keep posting ladies! we all need the support here.

What are YOU going to do for YOU today?
today Im going to pick up my beads and make myself a new necklace..havnt done that in so long!
Old 03-10-2010, 03:18 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by heavensdarkangel
Hey wendymariew... I know exactly how that is... I feel as if I've written that myself. We should chat... I'm doing very well.... and... it's ok to love food... we just gotta get it under control.... and...I am down 20lbs (almost) now...still fighting binges...anyway... chat me up on yahoo if ya can.. maybe we can talk... or become internet aid buddies...
Totally, my yahoo SN is p1nkbunn13, you can message me anytime since I stay up at all hours of the night...I'd like that very much thank you for the offer What is your SN if you don't mind posting it so I can add you.
Old 03-10-2010, 03:28 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by desertmountain
wendymariew, you are not alone. I think that all of us here can totally relate to what you had the courage to post. Even with all the heartbreaking facts you still maintain a wonderful sense of humor. I'm looking forward to getting to know you as we all move forward on our adventure. You did great with the challenge of taking back control and not going for the burger and fries. If you plug everything you eat into Fitday it really makes those challenges easier. For example, after a couple of days of staying on track & then plug in a burger and fries you see how it crippled all of your hard work and shows you how that one 'treat' (or binge, whatever) is NOT worth it!! From 1 foodie to another, I'm glad that you're here.

Welcome Vanessa. Wow, congrats on the 100+ that's so great! What are you doing to loose weight?
Thank you for sucha a warm welcome, I think I am going to feel at home here! About the burger and fries I looked it up and almost fainted, I cannot believe what I have been putting into my body for so long. God only gave me one body and I want to stay in it as long as possible (preferably thinner), so this has to change if I want to live to a ripe old age where I get to yell at kids to get off my lawn!
Old 03-10-2010, 03:33 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by pattialbert

Wendy I dont know anyone who is more then 100 pounds overweight who istn addicted to food....dont feel alone. The first thing I did when I started this journey was go thru my cupboards and throw everything away. I kept anything that was whole grain, fat free,,no sugar,,,fruits and tons of veggies. If its not there you cant reach for it. If you want somethign filling and low calories I love popcorn for a treat with diet pop. Anther one is smoothies..those things are addicting! I used to have to eat while watching tv as well...then I took up knitting. I dont make anything with it I just keep making row after row of knitting to keep my hands busy. It works! Have you tried journalling your foods and thoughts....? Try looking for alternatives for your food cravings..if you want french fries...take one large potato or two...cut them in wedges..dip them in egg whites,,,sprinkle with some spices.... place them on a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with pam..and bake for about an hour in hot oven...these are sooo good!!! I make it a challnge for myself how to make my regular recipes more weight friendly for me! theres tons of recipes on the internet. AND LAST OFALL DAY 1 is the MOST IMPORTANT DAY....as the saying goes..*today is the first day of the rest of your life*...you are doing it!!!
Awesome, a fellow crafter! Now I really feel like I should be here Thanks for the tips. I already did the clean sweep, and let me tell you my cupboards are as bare as Mrs.Hubbard(sp?)
Old 03-10-2010, 11:09 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Good Evening All

Welcome to all the new faces- it will be so nice getting to know everyone on this journey. I too was addicted to food Wendy so don't feel like your alone. Even when I was eating- I was thinking about what I could have next or later and what I could snack on. It is still hard to sit and watch Tv without wanting to eat. I save 50 to 100 calories for an evening snack and I never really liked V8 until now- the extra pack of veggies are good for me and I feel like it is a healhty snack and sipping it while watching TV has helped keep me satisfied. I also like air-popped popcorn- spray with a little Pam and lite salt - usually save that for weekends or movie nite so it is a special treat. I also have a facebook page and play on the computer more - have connected with people and that helps from sitting and watching TV so much. I now feel like I'm a lot more in control of my food instead of the food controlling me- it has been a struggle, but celebrate each victory. Also like the post about logging the food into fitday before you eat it- nothing like a wake-up call to change your mind. LOL

Hope everyone had a great day!
Old 03-10-2010, 01:53 PM
FitDay Member

The potatoes sound great. I'm def going to have to get some popcorn. As for facebook I am a facebookaholic and yes it does help keep my mind from wandering towards the fridge... I'm so excited because this is day two and I am still hanging in there! *crosses fingers* If I can last for a week I am so rewarding myself with a dark chocolate Godiva square
Old 03-11-2010, 12:02 AM
FitDay Member

Default good morning

congrats Patti and keep up the good work it will get there- my goal is about the same need to lose 8 more lbs by end of Mar to stay on track- trying to get to 255 by the 31st.

Hope everyone has a happy and healthy day - mind and body
Old 03-11-2010, 03:08 AM
FitDay Member

Morning everyone
busy day here today just wanted to stop by and see how everyone is doing?
Down .5 this morning...and .5 inch on the measuring tape!! I can feel it.

Wendy good luck with today...you can do it!!! Last reward I gave myself was some new workout clothes...mentally Im trying not to reward myself with *food*. I can easily go overboard and then it just blows everything Ive worked so hard for.

Good question for the day...what do you reward yourself with??
Old 03-11-2010, 07:59 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone. Hope you're all having a good day and are on track. I'm having a good day - even bumped up my exercise to a new level.
Congrats Pattialbert. Keep up the good work!
Speedyfair-good luck on reaching your goal for March! That's a lot of weight!
Wendymariew-I know what you mean, I was craving a Carl Jr's burger the other night and when I went to their site and saw the nutritional values the craving went away. LOL I'm trying to train myself to see food a how many calories & fat grams it has and balance that with how it tastes to decide if it's worth it.

Last edited by desertmountain; 03-11-2010 at 08:01 AM.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:16 AM
FitDay Member

Day three has been amazing! I feel incredible, I don't feel all weighed down, exhausted and lazy! I have posted handmade signs on my fridge, the back of my bedroom door, the tv, the mirror in the bathroom...etc. Suprisingly it has helped, I wrote my goal in a red pem marker and then wrote sweet, and not so sweet notes to myself on the signs (the closer to food the more nasty LOL) ...It seems to be helping, and not only that they make me giggle... I have even started exercising again on my elliptical! (I told my BF it wasn't a waste of money.. ) I have been keeping myself busy so my mind doesn't wander too much. The only question is...I have started taking a one a day weight smart multi-vitamin -Good? or No good? The thing I like about them is I have lost about 3.5LBS of water weight in 3 days and now my ankles aren't the size of moonpies.

Also what do you all use for sweetner? I bought some Truvia, is it any good? (the price is kinda outrageous!)

Also I went food shopping and what the heck is up with crackers? 5= an average of abot 100cals, where as you can have 98 baby goldfish for a whopping 120...So I opted for the lightest popcorn I could find at 40cals a cup...The only "sweet" thing I bought was Special K bars.

Congrats pattialbert, I can't wait till I see some results!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.