Notices

100 lb club

Old 02-12-2010, 04:49 PM
FitDay Member

Late evening here..just finished watching the Olympic opening.
Yes aquafit is water aerobics...I go twice a week. love love being in the water and this is the first time Ive even been able to swim in winter..just moved recently.
Took a day off today from exercise..the gym is closed till saturday evening so I have a long weekend off. My feet have some small blisters on the toes from all the walking this week so I think they dont mind. Walked 12 miles this week...wahooo...and swam two hours..and the scale was down 2.5.
Very good week indeed.
Dh and I postponed our night out...I didnt mind..didnt feel up to it today for some reason..we will do it sometime this weekend. I wish we had an Applebees here but we dont...so I try to stick to salmon when I go out but sometimes it gets boring...Right now Ive been sticking to red meat about once a week or so...so if I do go out I will treat myself to a nice small steak. Its not something I normally cook for myslef..dh isnt a steak eater.
Have a good weekend everyone..!!! enjoy the long weekend if you have one
Old 02-13-2010, 03:23 PM
FitDay Member

where is everyone today??
Old 02-14-2010, 12:24 AM
FitDay Member

I watched the opening ceremony of the olympics and hope to see some of it today. Went for a long walk outside yesterday- a little cold but the sun was shining- first time I have tried that, took my dog and we had a great time. I could walk and didn't get out of breath- felt wonderful! Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Old 02-15-2010, 02:32 PM
FitDay Member

Evening everyone
I started off well today and got my 3 mile walk in as well. The afternoon I found a bag of baked snacks and some chocolate...counted it in my fitday and Im over by about 200 for hte day. I ended up eating potatoes and peas for supper ..had some fish on my plate but it tasted too fishy... bleck
Hope everyone is back tomorrow ....
Old 02-16-2010, 02:05 AM
FitDay Member

Hi! Today is massive "spring" cleaning day for me. I feel like the apartment is getting really scuzzy, and I don't like it. The good news is, I've aproximated four hours of heavy cleaning, and if it does indeed take that long, that's a little over 1000 calories burned! If I've got enough time, I think I'm even going to shampoo the carpet! Yea for being productive! I wish it was just a little warmer so I could open all the windows. I'm itiching for open window weather. This place needs a good airing out. I love fresh air.

I'm thinking about upping my calories some. I haven't really been losing weight, even when I was exercising everyday. I was trying to stick between 1200-1300, and I think right now its just not enough. I was always hungry and it was really leaving me more vunerable to sabotaging myself. So I think I'm going to give 1600-1800 a try for a week or two and see if that gets things moving again. Otherwise I see myself failing. I think that's why the past two weeks have been such a struggle. On top of feeling unfulfilled constantly, and not finding a good at home exercise routine, add in zero weight loss and I was getting disgruntled. So, if one way isn't working, that means its time to tweak it and see if that helps!

Have a good day, everyone!
Old 02-16-2010, 12:52 PM
FitDay Member

Evening eveyone
well my scale is either broken or the battery is shot...and im a compulsive weigher....driving me crazy. On a good note it weighs me 100 pounds less...a see a glimpse of my future wehn i step on it..ha
Walked today my 3 miles...and got down on the floor and did a few crunches...trying hard to get rid of the belly fat.
its been a beautiful day here..finally warming up...hope it stays..

dbrinkley I hope your experiment works foryou....sounds like agood plan to me!!
Old 02-17-2010, 02:23 PM
FitDay Member

Unhappy struggling this week

Hi everyone - this week has been crazy at work and I didn't cook ahead on the weekend so I have been struggling to stay on track this week. Relying on a lot of frozen dinners and that raises my sodium levels. I am a compulsive weigher too- but, even if it stays the same a day or two I at least know I'm not gaining. I try not to get frustrated when it doesn't go down, but I know I can't lose a pound every day. Trying to make this a lifestyle change and not a "diet" so I keep thinking of my long term goals of being healthy and fit.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:49 PM
FitDay Member

Hey Dbrinkley...guess we are the only two posting lately...
dont give up!!! come here and write about your struggles...we all have them and we can help each other.
today is the first day of lent and ive given up baked snacks..like chips etc...i have to just avoid that aisle int he groceries. Somehow I always talk myself into thinking ohhhhhhh i can handle them...but nope i end up eating the whole bag in one sitting..seheshhhh...
then get mad at myself. so heres to the next 40 days...and then plan a little splurge easter weekend. sounds like a plan.
walked again today... tomorrow is dh and i anniversary so wont be going to aquafit...hes taking me out for supper. I will behave!
have a great day tomorrow!!!
Old 02-17-2010, 03:16 PM
FitDay Member

Default Substitute fruits

Pattie, Good evening. I understand your struggle, I am the same unless I take my mind off it and make an extra efort to substitute fruits for the unhealthy snack. Once I begin eating from a bag I cannot stop, it is probably the salty taste! Try more fruits and water. I only joined tonight. Best of luck and feel free to pass on any tips you may have.
Thanks,
LiveFit2010
Old 02-18-2010, 03:04 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Patti, everyone. I hope you are all doing well. I try to post on here as much as possible. I get so much support that I need from here. Between this and the other two threads on here I don't feel like I'm going it as alone as I do when I'm neglecting the boards. Sometimes I clam up because I'm not in the greatest of head space, and I don't want to fill this thing with crazy angst and drama. But even if I don't post, I still get on and read everyday. I know lately I've been stressed about a lot of stuff. Which isn't good for weight loss or sanity. I'll try to make sure to post more regularly like I used to, and if I don't feel like talking about my situation, I'll make sure to let you know just how wonderful you guys are. I forget to tell people how much they mean to me sometimes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.